Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Toiletries Line for FS/Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

I saw, buried in last week's press release on upcoming room renovations to the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center property:

"The Detroit Marriott’s massive makeover is part of Marriott Hotels’ current brand transformation....

As part of the overall brand transformation, Detroit Marriott guests will enjoy many new amenities and technological innovations. The enhanced amenity package includes a new line of personal care items, such as soaps and shampoos, as well as new bedding and linens."

http://news.marriott.com/2013/08/mor...30-millio.html

I'm not a huge fan of the Bath & Body Works toiletries used at domestic FS properties, and with both Hilton and Hyatt having done a toiletries refresh (though the new Hyatt line has received less than enthusiastic responses), I'd certainly welcome something new.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I agree - the current toiletries are not the best. Why can't they just put the Bulgari line in all the hotels!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
I would be happy with any lotion that doesn't smell like cleaning products.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Great news! I stay in the Ren Center at least twice a year.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Definitely about time... the Bath & Body Works stuff they've had for years is not very good. Way too strong scented and dries out the hair/skin.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:27 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
New amenty line will be from THANN

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/enhanc...172400797.html

The new amenity line for Asia and the Americas will be from THANN, launching in the US and Canada by the end of October.

I've never heard of this company, but I'm looking forward to something different from the Bath & Bodyworks stuff. (I also am not a fan of the current Aromatherapy Essentials lemongrass line currently used in Asia.)
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Thought it was just me!

Glad to see others do not like Marriott's FS bath products.

I like the Aveda at Renaissance & Paul Mitchell @ Courtyard.

It doesn't need to be branded, it could be a house-label as Westin's white tea scent.

Burt's Bee's or Dermalogica would be swell!

WT
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Homeless shelter always appreciates Bath & Bodyworks bottles I drop off every now and then.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I like the Paul Mitchell stuff. The Aveda products, I don't care for the smell at all. The Bath and Body works stuff is pretty good, although the hand lotion is a bit too orangey.

I would give a giant thumbs up for the Bulgari products from the Ritz-Carletons. That is really good stuff, although I'm sure it costs a lot more than Bath and Body Works.

Isn't Thann the lemongrass stuff used in some hotels?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
Also, this week's FS marriott is shuffling out the israelí-made cotton-poly mix towels for the shopmarriott.com towels. Housekeeping didn't know if it was chain-wide or not.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dw
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/enhanc...172400797.html

The new amenity line for Asia and the Americas will be from THANN, launching in the US and Canada by the end of October.

I've never heard of this company, but I'm looking forward to something different from the Bath & Bodyworks stuff. (I also am not a fan of the current Aromatherapy Essentials lemongrass line currently used in Asia.)
I have used some Thann stuff in the past and thought it was pretty good. Trying to remember where it was...maybe ANA First class amenity kits?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Thann is fantastic and is from Thailand. IIRC, NH F kits had Thann and also available at TG shower lounges. Lemongrass appears to be dominant scent with Thann. Thann retail shops can be found in Asia

But we all know that hotel product, beyond the name, not always the same thing as the retail product. Will be made under license from some hotel supply company with formulations dissimilar to the "real" thing
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:13 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs down -Parabens preservative!

I hope all the amenities are free of the Toxic Carcinogenic 'Parabens' chemicals. Many are not!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Stumbled across this at two FS properties in CA... one had Thann shampoo only, the other shampoo/conditioner/hand lotion. Guess there's still some depletion of the old stuff to be done?

I any event, this is a great step up. I first encountered Thann in a high end hotel in Tokyo, and AFAICT this is basically the same stuff. Can't say I'll miss the B&B stuff.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bulgari please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.