Sprowston Manor in Norwich (UK)

Old Aug 29, 2002, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Sprowston Manor in Norwich (UK)

Has anyone stayed here? If so can you tell me about it (rooms, how far from the town, assume one would need a car, etc.) Thinking about using the W14 certs there for 2 nights. Thanks

M
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have had a pleasant two night stay there this week.

The hotel is located a few miles out of town located in the middle of its own golf course.

It was an old manor house and still has some of the original features (suit of armour next to the restaurant).

For the 2 night stay, I was upgraded to a 4 poster suite, which was one room but huge with sofa, a couple of easy chairs and the aforementioned bed. The bathroom was similarly large with a huge tub and separate walk-in shower.

No lounge but an excellent breakfast on offer in the restaurant. As well as the restaurant, there is a coffee shop in the golf clubhouse, a few yards away from the main building.

Staff were very pleasant and friendly and all in all, a good place to stay for a relaxing break if in Norwich.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Thanks for the update. This property is on my short list for using the Cat. 1-5 certs I have/will earn this year, probably for a stay sometime next year, so appreciate the info.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks - will update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.