Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
And no advance warning, was waiting until I had 375K and change to 150K Avios. Currently sitting on 369K with few nights next month to get there.
To late now..
But will now use for some nice holiday time in Asia

Last edited by Engineering Travel; May 23, 2013 at 10:47 pm
Old May 24, 2013, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by markr1
Instead of "125,000 points to 50,000 miles"
Now is 140,000 points to 50,000 miles
One might as well do the hotel and air package. For 200,000 points, get the 50,000 miles plus add on 7 nights hotel cat 1-5.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:54 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership Announced

Please see the following thread for additional details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...wardsplus.html
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Wow! United Premier Golds and higher will be given complimentary Gold Status with Marriott and all the benefits that go along with it! Now I can see why FS Marriotts and Rens will be strictly enforcing the guest+1 policy in the CLs. With the potential numbers of newly minted Golds from the Mileage Plus program, the lounges will be packed. Can't wait to see what impact this will have on lounge offerings.

Also, it will mean more competition for upgrades, which ime have been harder to come by lately anyway.

While its good news for United Premier Golds and higher it is bad news for current Marriott Elites.

Regards,

RIP....
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I actually read this in USAToday while eating breakfast in an overcrowded CL a few minutes ago. My immediate thought was how many more people could they crowd into this place?

My second thought, though, was how fortuitous that Marriott teamed up with the large airline with which I don't have any status! So I guess it cuts both ways.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:55 am

This is very disappointing and unfair---after all the years and money I've spent to get my status.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now maybe Marriott will feel more pressure to treat Plats better than Golds.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now maybe Marriott will feel more pressure to treat Plats better than Golds.
I hope so.
As a United 1K - I don't get anything out of this.
As a Marriott Plat - I don't get anything out of this.

So this is not something I'm very happy about.

I see more elites which means more people in the lounges, less upgrades.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Well, I get United Premier out of it ... and since I'm Platinum for life, I'm now Premier for life (or until the program gets discontinued).

It could be a useful backup for my Aegean Gold (soon to be earned).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Of course Plats can register for UA Silver, which FWIW is UA's lowest tier. It only gets you 1 bag (not important to me) and 25% bonus as all the other benefits are a joke. A more equal relationship would have been to give UA's 1Ks Marriott Silver instead; or to give MR Plats UA mid-tier. MR members are definitely getting the short end of the stick on this relationship.

Marriott is really screwing up their rewards program with this move IMO. Marriott bean counters should be replaced with bean inspectors IMO as they are focusing too much on counting the beans instead of the quality of the beans. Of course when you view lounges as sardine cans, they can fit a lot more people in those lounges. Marriott ideology has been changing over the past few years, and unfortunately this just reinforces our perception of a change from being customer focused to focusing on numbers without other considerations. Short sighted to say the least, but time will tell.

Once again, most of this degradation will be noticed in a big way in domestic concierge lounges. This just reinforces my focus on international travel. I see domestic travel only happening on my annual trek to Colorado in December and return in mid-April. As much as I like nice properties, I find for my domestic travel that I am booking FFI&S and SHS as much as FS properties; of course that also has something to do with small town stays en route.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:22 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Enjoy double status through RewardsPlus from MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

Two winning loyalty programs, MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards®, are coming together to bring you RewardsPlus, a new opportunity for double the benefits. From perks when you fly to valuable upgrades when you stay, we’re working together to make every part of your travel experience even more enjoyable and rewarding.

Premier Gold, Platinum, 1K and Global Services members can now register for RewardsPlus and enjoy complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status and benefits.

Marriott Rewards Platinum and Platinum Premier members can now register for complimentary MileagePlus® Premier Silver status—complimentary access to Economy Plus seating at check-in, Complimentary Premier upgrades, Premier Access(SM) priority airport services one free checked bag, 25% Premier bonus miles, and more from United MileagePlus®.

Enhanced miles and points benefits coming soon:
  • Premier members can convert miles into Marriott Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio
  • Get 20% more miles from your Marriott Rewards points when you convert them into MileagePlus miles
  • Book the trip of a lifetime and receive 10% more miles when you convert to a Marriott Rewards Vacation Package a bonus of up to 12,000 miles

Sign up for RewardsPlus … and expand your Marriott Rewards Elite experience throughout your travel journey.

See Terms and Conditions and FAQs to learn more.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
As UA 1k and already re-qualified for MR Plat next year this hurts both ways. Maybe they will change Gold benefits inline with Hilton and guarantee B-fast but not lounge access (unless upgraded to the exec floor). In the last few months the CL I have been to are already very overcrowded.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Of course Plats can register for UA Silver, which FWIW is UA's lowest tier. It only gets you 1 bag (not important to me) and 25% bonus as all the other benefits are a joke. A more equal relationship would have been to give UA's 1Ks Marriott Silver instead; or to give MR Plats UA mid-tier. MR members are definitely getting the short end of the stick on this relationship.

Marriott is really screwing up their rewards program with this move IMO. Marriott bean counters should be replaced with bean inspectors IMO as they are focusing too much on counting the beans instead of the quality of the beans. Of course when you view lounges as sardine cans, they can fit a lot more people in those lounges. Marriott ideology has been changing over the past few years, and unfortunately this just reinforces our perception of a change from being customer focused to focusing on numbers without other considerations. Short sighted to say the least, but time will tell.

Once again, most of this degradation will be noticed in a big way in domestic concierge lounges. This just reinforces my focus on international travel. I see domestic travel only happening on my annual trek to Colorado in December and return in mid-April. As much as I like nice properties, I find for my domestic travel that I am booking FFI&S and SHS as much as FS properties; of course that also has something to do with small town stays en route.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I hope so.
As a United 1K - I don't get anything out of this.
As a Marriott Plat - I don't get anything out of this.

So this is not something I'm very happy about.

I see more elites which means more people in the lounges, less upgrades.
+1
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Link not working

Thank You Marriott Concierge - unfortunately the sign up link does not seem to be working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.