Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Info re: elite bennies; thanks to yuel for providing an image (accurate as of Feb 3 2016):

* Complimentary breakfast served in main restaurant on ground floor.
* Free access to exec lounge on 8th floor, which includes:
--Cocktail/wines buffet style & hot/cold snacks btwn 5:30-7:30pm
--Wine & beer (nuts & chips) btwn 7:30-9:30pm
--Soft drinks & tea coffee from 6am-midnight
NB: An extra of 25E will be charged to any non-authorized guest; Food should not be taken out of the executive lounge
* A free newspaper delivered every morning upon request
* A free hi-speed internet access
* A late check-out until 2pm according to availability
* A free upgrade according to availability at time of check-in

Email: ambassador @ parismarriottopera dot com

Hotel website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/paroa-paris-marriott-opera-ambassador-hotel/

Category 8
Print Wikipost

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
got it........THXs for info.......

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
The hotel was formerly a Radisson Blu. It became a Marriott property about 6 months (?) ago.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ours was a Carlson points stay as well and it went fine. They honored my Gold status (lounge access, free internet) even though the points originally came out of my wife's Carlson acct.

Location was great, room furnishings were fine, good staff, overall a fine stay. Only thing that was bad was the bed. It was hard as a piece of wood. Ok, that might be a bit of a stretch but not much. Lounge breakfast and evening hors ds were very nice. Staff was good as well. Not much (bed aside) to complain about.^

Sorry, no contact info.
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Ours was a Carlson points stay as well and it went fine. They honored my Gold status (lounge access, free internet) even though the points originally came out of my wife's Carlson acct.

Location was great, room furnishings were fine, good staff, overall a fine stay. Only thing that was bad was the bed. It was hard as a piece of wood. Ok, that might be a bit of a stretch but not much. Lounge breakfast and evening hors ds were very nice. Staff was good as well. Not much (bed aside) to complain about.^

Sorry, no contact info.
Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel - Paris France

Checked in this morning and so far pretty impressed! Great location especially if you want to shop, nice rooms and staff that wants to impress.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I'm staying at the property in a couple of weeks. I'm assuming the best way to get to the hotel from CDG is the Roissy Bus to Opera and then a short walk. But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, is this hotel's location as convinient for sightseeing as the Rennaisance Le Parc Trocadero?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dat4life
I'm staying at the property in a couple of weeks. I'm assuming the best way to get to the hotel from CDG is the Roissy Bus to Opera and then a short walk. But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Roissy bus is best option.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I just came from a stay at this property, and if you value the use of your Marriott points, go elsewhere. It would have to be Cat 5 to get me to stay here again.

Sharon - should I do a detailed trip report here or start a separate trip report thread?
Old May 14, 2014, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by krobbins

Sharon - should I do a detailed trip report here or start a separate trip report thread?
Do the trip report in this thread since the thread is specific to the property. My guess is the mod would just merge a new thread into this thread.

Sorry to hear the stay didn't go well, but at least St. Pancras did.

Cheers.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:02 pm

Here is a trip report following our stay at this property about two weeks ago. As I mentioned above, I highly recommend that you use your points or dollars elsewhere in Paris. This property has a long long way to go, certainly nowhere close to what I expect from Category 8. I feel as though I wasted those points.

PROS (always start with the good stuff!)

Our check-in experience went smoothly, and we were offered an upgraded room by the polite young man at the desk. He informed us of the lounge hours, and also said that if we wanted a cooked to order breakfast, we could get it in the restaurant at no charge because of my platinum status. I thought that to be a very nice perk.

The room was very nice, obviously recently renovated. Bed was comfortable.

Our positive impression didn't last...

CONS

We went to the lounge after settling in that evening. We arrived during the hors d'oeuvres hour, and wanted only to relax and have a bite after a long trip. The food offerings were abysmal. Soggy "pizza" - which was nothing more than soggy bread topped with a red sauce and minimal cheese. Four pieces of this were set out, each piece about an inch wide and three inches long. Quiche that looked and tasted like it came from Costco. Again, four pieces. Soggy ziti pasta, with a tasteless red sauce of some kind. The food that was set out was gone within 2 minutes (as would be expected in a crowded lounge and only 8 individual items available) and the replenishment did not arrive for 20 minutes.

In a city known for its food, there is simply no excuse for the absolutely horrible quality of these offerings, and I will eat just about anything. We opted to just have a drink. No vodka. When asked, the attendant said they had run out the night before. She did not offer to find some in the bar. She did not offer an apology. Again, substandard. We left very disappointed, but hoping that the situation the following night would be better.

Breakfast in the morning was sufficient and of typical quality. We returned to the hotel for a drink and snack again that evening. Incredibly, the offerings were EXACTLY the same soggy, sparce, inedible choices from the previous night. Nothing new, nothing improved. They did, upon request, find a bottle of vodka and brought it upstairs after a number of guests requested it.

Third night would be the charm, we hoped. Not so. That horrid food was served again, for the third night in a row. As a platinum member with free access, I can only imagine what the guests who actually PAID for this access must have thought about the food that could easily pass for the stuff my kids used to get on their cafeteria trays in elementary school. Three nights running!

The following morning we decided to try the breakfast in the restaurant. We were seated and asked for the menu. We were told that there was only a buffet available, and that cooked to order meals were not available. We questioned the server about what we were told at check-in. I also referenced the sign in the lounge which stated, and I quote, "The breakfast offer in the Executive lounge does not offer a la carte dishes such as omelet or cooked to order egg - Should you wish to order these, please join us from (sic) breakfast downstairs in the 16 Haussmann restaurant."

We went back upstairs and had breakfast in the lounge, but on our way out for the day, stopped at the front desk to clarify. We were told that it would be "too hard" to offer a cooked breakfast (???) and that it was only a buffet. I brought up what we were told at check-in, and showed the staff member a picture of the sign in the lounge. Upon checking with a manager, we were told that "we just can't cook breakfast for anyone who wants it." I believe that many restaurants do just that.

That morning, we also observed a heated confrontation between a staff member and a guest. The guest had poured two cups of coffee - in the TO GO cups provided in addition to regular china coffee cups - and began to leave the lounge. The attendant, loudly, heatedly informed her that she could not take the coffee out of the lounge. I certainly understand the admonition that food and beverage must be consumed in the lounge, but morning coffee in takeaway cups provided by the hotel and sitting next to the coffee machine has never been an issue in my many years of Marriott stays. The aggressive nature of the staff person caused it to escalate quickly, and with a dozen other guests witnessing the confrontation.

We attempted to print some tickets from the lounge computer two days in a row. The printer was not operational either day, and the lounge attendant said there was a computer in the lobby that could be used instead. When I went downstairs and asked where it was, I was told that we would be charged for its use. I explained that I had been told by the lounge attendant that I would be able to use it, but was again denied. All in all, another rude, unhelpful staff person.

The lounge issues were not the only ones. The gym equipment is minimal and badly out of date. The one elliptical machine that I attempted was so rough and ill-maintained that I got off for fear of injuring myself. Research shows that that machine is around ten years old and not maintained.

Upon departing the hotel for the day on Tuesday, we stopped at the concierge, saying that we were going to the Louvre and asking for hours and the quickest walking route. I have to think that in that location, questions about the Louvre are the most commonly asked of all. We arrived at the Louvre, only to find out that it is closed on Tuesdays. Every Tuesday, not just that particular one. Seriously?

Overall, our stay could maybe garner a 3 on a 1 - 10 scale. For the number of points required for this stay, and the value we received, our satisfaction level is a 1. Until there is some quality control at this property, I will warn friends and families to avoid it. These issues at a Category 8 hotel are unacceptable.

It didn't ruin our trip, but the annoyances added up. Save your points and pick somewhere else until the bugs from the recent turnover from Radisson to Marriott are ironed out.
Old May 14, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Thanks for the review. I'm staying there in a couple of weeks (usually stay at Ren Ven, but full); will see how it goes.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:04 pm

Alpha Golf, I hope you have a better experience than we did. I beg you not to even try that nasty pizza thing.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
OK, I stayed there last week. I thought it was decent.

Staff were uniformly very pleasant and efficient, I got upgraded to a very large room -- largest I've ever had in paris (where I go a lot).

Actual ounge is small and had only a few drinks and a computer, which I used to print stuff with no problems. nice view though. They use a room downstairs for morning and evening lounge services -- breakfast was fine (can also use restaurant, which had a bit more choice but was very crowded.) Evenings had wine and beer, with aforementioned pizza and pasta, also small dessert-type things and snacks (nuts, olives).

Probably go back this month.

YMMV, as always
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:18 pm

Alpha - Glad you found it to be more enjoyable than we did. I am curious about your statement about a room downstairs for the morning and evening lounge services. That must be a new offering, as all lounge activity during our stay was upstairs in the lounge proper.

As you said, YMMV. I would still not recommend using Cat 8 points at this place until they figure out that they aren't a Radisson anymore. Soggy pizza every single night running is unacceptable IMHO. As plat, we got it for free of course, which mitigates it somewhat. I can only imagine what people who actually paid for lounge access must have thought.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by krobbins
Alpha - Glad you found it to be more enjoyable than we did. I am curious about your statement about a room downstairs for the morning and evening lounge services. That must be a new offering, as all lounge activity during our stay was upstairs in the lounge proper.
Seemed to be a converted conference room. No windows, in the basement. But again pleasant staff, breakfast was fine, evening was OK for a glass of wine.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:47 am

Another stay -- service moved back into the top floor lounge. Very crowded, though staff worked very hard to keep replenishing supplies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.