Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by nacho
Have you looked at Sixt? They are huge in Germany who also partner of mydriver (like Uber but with nice cars only). Also if you are driving in Southern Germany, rent a powerful car (like a BMW 1 series with high HP) - that will give you a great experience when you can drive without speed limits.
I have emailed them to ask 1-2 questions about incidentals and how much they will block on my company credit card on top of pre-paying. Yes, hope to get a Merc CLA if possible or a BMW 1 series.

Very sorry to all for straying off topic.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wolf72
I have emailed them to ask 1-2 questions about incidentals and how much they will block on my company credit card on top of pre-paying. Yes, hope to get a Merc CLA if possible or a BMW 1 series.

Very sorry to all for straying off topic.
No worries. The info could be helpful to others, but sometimes we stray too far afield & then folk who want specific info on the property don't find it.

If you do end up staying there, would appreciate you doing a quick trip report.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
No worries. The info could be helpful to others, but sometimes we stray too far afield & then folk who want specific info on the property don't find it.

If you do end up staying there, would appreciate you doing a quick trip report.

Cheers.
Will def. do so. Many thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Anyone know if there is a easy way to get from hotel to the Airport via mass transit (with luggage)? How long would it take mid morning weekday? I don't want to go into Stuttgart city. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Anyone know if there is a easy way to get from hotel to the Airport via mass transit (with luggage)? How long would it take mid morning weekday? I don't want to go into Stuttgart city. Thanks.
This might provide some info:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/...-sindelfingen/

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Any updated info on this hotel, like how was the stay, plat upgrade likelihood, lounge quality?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by vanabb
Any updated info on this hotel, like how was the stay, plat upgrade likelihood, lounge quality?
I have the same question as this post that got no replies two years ago.

I am looking at mid July and wonder about the Uber rates. I will be part of a conference at another venue but I will likely stay here on arrival and departure as I’m not sure the Moxy would work for me.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Just a quick feedback - whenever I stay there I get regular room on the higher floors, somtimes on Executive level or otherwise at one level below. Lounge is OKish compared to other lounges in Germnany and can be pretty full at times. Beer and wine is complimentary at some time in the evening, soft drinks and water also beyond that.

As to getting there uber is no option as they do not operate there at all, you can either take a combination of trains and busses or a regular taxi.

Regards,

Dirk
Xeno likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by djohannw
Just a quick feedback - whenever I stay there I get regular room on the higher floors, somtimes on Executive level or otherwise at one level below. Lounge is OKish compared to other lounges in Germnany and can be pretty full at times. Beer and wine is complimentary at some time in the evening, soft drinks and water also beyond that.

As to getting there uber is no option as they do not operate there at all, you can either take a combination of trains and busses or a regular taxi.

Regards,

Dirk
I stayed there in December and had two rooms booked. They were kind enough to allow my colleagues to stay on the executive floor but no lounge access for them.

The lounge was very basic but there was complimentary beer and wine in the evenings though we went out to old town Stuttgart for dinner.

I wouldn't stay here unless you had your own transportation as taxis are very expensive.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by djohannw

Regards,

Dirk
If no Uber in STR, is there a taxi app - like Bolt - that uses cc or do the airport taxis take cc?

Please note that I used Uber in Berlin in Oct 2017. And see this page: https://uberestimator.com/country/germany

Last edited by Xeno; Jul 8, 2019 at 6:22 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:46 am

I just checked in and my initial impression about the room is negative. I need to do a great deal of writing the next two days and this room does not have a proper desk and chair. This is an elevated kind of table with a half-moon couch and pillows.

It seems like a slow process of trying to cool the room but I hope that will not be an issue.

The flights getting here were harder on me than the 27 hours to China last month so I will need to explore options later in the day.

Edited to say they brought me a table and chair from their conference room which is still far away from what I would like to have. Also, the lounge is very small - reminds me of Leipzig - and crowded.
KRSW likes this.

Last edited by Xeno; Jul 16, 2019 at 9:56 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
I just checked in and my initial impression about the room is negative. I need to do a great deal of writing the next two days and this room does not have a proper desk and chair. This is an elevated kind of table with a half-moon couch and pillows.

It seems like a slow process of trying to cool the room but I hope that will not be an issue.

The flights getting here were harder on me than the 27 hours to China last month so I will need to explore options later in the day.

Edited to say they brought me a table and chair from their conference room which is still far away from what I would like to have. Also, the lounge is very small - reminds me of Leipzig - and crowded.
This was one of the most disappointing Marriotts that I’ve stayed at in Germany to be honest.
Old Yesterday, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Any recent stays here? Particularly interested in the lounge. TA reviews rave about it saying it's large and has extensive food buffet, which contrasts the older reviews here. I'm thinking of a weekend stay here with the family as rates are super competitive. I understand that it's due to it being in an industrial area and therefore cheap/dead during weekends but we're basically in town for the outlet and car museums so not fussed on being well located.

Also, race reviews for the on-site steakhouse. Really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.