Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wolf72
I am headed to Stuttgart first week August for a meeting at Mercedes at their Affalterbach factory.

I land in Stuttgart after 6pm. Just wondering if I should just stay a night at one of the many airport hotels nearby or pick up the car rental and drive to Singelfingen and stay the night there and then be ready to drive on to Affalterbach by 8.00am for my 9.00am meeting.

What do you suggest?
How far is the airport from Stuttgart? How much time will you save be being at the Marriott? What's your status level - aka, would you get to lounge before it closed for evening or have breakfast in the morning? Also, if you're willing to switch to SPG side, there are 2 SPG properties (LeM & Aloft) in Stuttgart.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
@sharon - the Marriott is actually pretty far from Stuttgart city centre. It's pretty close to Mercedes (short drive) and a lot of big shops including IKEA. We parked on the street 1 street down the hotel and avoided parking charge.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
@sharon - the Marriott is actually pretty far from Stuttgart city centre. It's pretty close to Mercedes (short drive) and a lot of big shops including IKEA. We parked on the street 1 street down the hotel and avoided parking charge.
If it's close to Mercedes & the OP's mtg is at Mercedes the next morning, I'd probably stay at the Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Is traffic bad in the mornings in Stuttgart?

We pick up a car rental from the airport at 8.30am-9.00am then drive to Affalterbach for an 10.30am meeting at the Merc factory.

We head to Munich after the meeting (after lunch) for a dinner-meeting in the city center at the Aloft Munich.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K

I land in Stuttgart after 6pm. Just wondering if I should just stay a night at one of the many airport hotels nearby or pick up the car rental and drive to Singelfingen and stay the night there and then be ready to drive on to Affalterbach by 8.00am for my 9.00am meeting.

What do you suggest?
Word of warning.

I was in Stuttgart yesterday - the road network is a disaster right now. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get out of the city in rush hour. (construction everywhere). I'd recommend that you stay as close as possible to Affalterbach - irrespective of hotel chain.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Word of warning.

I was in Stuttgart yesterday - the road network is a disaster right now. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get out of the city in rush hour. (construction everywhere). I'd recommend that you stay as close as possible to Affalterbach - irrespective of hotel chain.
Oh goodness. Thanks for the advice.

From the airport, you def. have to pass through the city to get towards Affalterbach, correct?

Would leaving the hotel at 6.00am and trying to beat the morning rush make any difference and just hanging around at a town or cafe nearby Affalterbach till 10.30am help?

Or just not a good idea?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Just saying but Affalterbach is on the other side of Stuttgart. From Sindelfingen you should think about roundabout one hour to drive if there is no rushhour...

Affalterbach is next to Winnenden if this helps.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also it's prime holiday season now and all the autobahn traffic is dreadful, so if you are driving from Stuttgart to Munich, try to drive off peak hours. You might need to drill through country road to avoid traffic. Base on where you want to be I wouldn't suggest the Marriott at all.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:50 am
Suspended

Also it's prime holiday season now and all the autobahn traffic is dreadful, so if you are driving from Stuttgart to Munich, try to drive off peak hours. You might need to drill through country road to avoid traffic. Base on where you want to be I wouldn't suggest the Marriott at all.
Never been on the auto-bahn during summer months when traffic is heavy..was not expecting this.

We leave Affalterbach at about 1.30pm and head straight for Munich with the goal of reaching the airport at Munich by 3.30pm-4.00pm at the latest.

Hoping to be able to keep a comfortable 120km per hour on the highway...if the traffic isn't as bad as you say it is....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Never been on the auto-bahn during summer months when traffic is heavy..was not expecting this.

We leave Affalterbach at about 1.30pm and head straight for Munich with the goal of reaching the airport at Munich by 3.30pm-4.00pm at the latest.

Hoping to be able to keep a comfortable 120km per hour on the highway...if the traffic isn't as bad as you say it is....
If - and I say if - you are lucky a little bit less than 3 hours. More likely more than 3 hours. Constructions at least until Ulm and some nice speed limits...
Good luck!!!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
If - and I say if - you are lucky a little bit less than 3 hours. More likely more than 3 hours. Constructions at least until Ulm and some nice speed limits...
Good luck!!!
Danke. Okey...fingers crossed it's not so bad.

Would anyone have recommendations by the way for a good car rental out of Stuttgart airport that rent small car's for a decent price?

I prefer to avoid hertz or avis (over priced and never give the car I book every single time I use them in Europe)>
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:42 am

Would anyone have recommendations by the way for a good car rental out of Stuttgart airport that rent small car's for a decent price?

I prefer to avoid hertz or avis (over priced and never give the car I book every single time I use them in Europe)>
You might want to ask this in the Europe forum or the car rental forum so we don't stray too far from reports on the Marriott property.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you looked at Sixt? They are huge in Germany who also partner of mydriver (like Uber but with nice cars only). Also if you are driving in Southern Germany, rent a powerful car (like a BMW 1 series with high HP) - that will give you a great experience when you can drive without speed limits.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:40 am

Have you looked at Sixt? They are huge in Germany who also partner of mydriver (like Uber but with nice cars only). Also if you are driving in Southern Germany, rent a powerful car (like a BMW 1 series with high HP) - that will give you a great experience when you can drive without speed limits.
There's even a Sixt forum on FT

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You might want to ask this in the Europe forum or the car rental forum so we don't stray too far from reports on the Marriott property.

Cheers.
very sorry about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.