Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa (Venice, Italy) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Elite room upgrades are iffy; they try to sell upgrades.

Hotel website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vcejw-jw-marriott-venice-resort-and-spa/
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Marriott's press release has this new build projected for a 2014 opening:

http://news.marriott.com/2013/03/jw-...News+Center%29
Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Marriott has been working this area issue for years and years. The problem with these properties (like Hilton Molino Stucky) is they are not quite in the middle of the action. The Boscolo property is okay, but not quite fancy enough I think either.

There is really no space to build centrally either..obviously.

Rasheed
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:10 pm

Interior shots - spa and restaurant:

http://www.matteothun.com/project/16...restaurant-bar

I thought the Hilton Molino was in a bad location (I would not stay), but this appears much worse.

Our recent stay we were in Dorsoduro (in an apartment), which we appreciated for its location and 'central-ness' to everything.

I did not realize this was up on Marriott's site:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...esort-and-spa/

Last edited by LarkSFO; Aug 14, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Opens March 2015. Looks like it's going to have a Griffin Club. Website has pics of the rooms, etc (my guess architectural drawings). No category assigned yet.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I thought the Hilton Molino was in a bad location (I would not stay)...
We stayed at the Hilton Molino five years ago and actually quite enjoyed it's location. Transportation was free with their own motorcraft, so it was easy to get out of the crazy mid-day crowds and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the hords.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
We stayed at the Hilton Molino five years ago and actually quite enjoyed it's location. Transportation was free with their own motorcraft, so it was easy to get out of the crazy mid-day crowds and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the hords.
Fair enough, I am glad it worked for you.

We were in Dorsoduro, in an apartment, also on a back canal and 'away from the crowds'. We did appreciate the ability to get away from the crowds like you did.

Will you stay at this new Marriott?

I am sure they will have their own transportation, where do you think it will drop off in central Venice?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Saw another note about this prop opening in March 2015. Does anyone have a rez booked here?

I'd love to get opinions on if being on an island and having a free water shuttle is a hassle or convenience.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:38 pm

Category 8; 40k pts/night
Looks like the first available date for reservation is 23-MAR-2015.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just got an email for grand opening rates at E240 per night for March and April 2015 + 2x points. Wow! This will be quite a bargain if in fact the quality is as high as other chains, i.e. SPG so I would book now if you can find dates that work.

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...EJW-O&trkend=1
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
We stayed at the Hilton Molino five years ago and actually quite enjoyed it's location.
Me too. (don't mean about the 5 years ago)

Last edited by ohmark; Dec 28, 2014 at 9:31 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Opens March 2015. Looks like it's going to have a Griffin Club.
Sharon what is a "Griffin Club". Just looking at this for a weekend getaway to see what the new property is like but with regular (meaning refundable) rates starting around 600euros/night, curious what benefits they offer plats.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:43 am

Plus from what I can see online, none of the rooms have a view of the Grand Canal. Hhhhh? Who would build a brand new luxury JW on a private island and not ensure that most if not all the rooms had a Grand Canal view (I suppose the answer is Bill Marriott, he's too focused I guess on Millenials )
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Sharon what is a "Griffin Club". Just looking at this for a weekend getaway to see what the new property is like but with regular (meaning refundable) rates starting around 600euros/night, curious what benefits they offer plats.
Don't see the Griffin Club listed any longer, so not sure there is one now. Griffin Club is similar to the Ritz Club lounges (hi-end food/drink all day; chef etc); access is paid. Being Gold/Plat doesn't get you access.

Given this is a resort, it's exempt from most elite bennies. Doesn't mean they won't offer some, but they're not required to do so.

On a dif note. I'm sure it's really pricey, but the 2-bedroom villa facing Venice looks pretty cool.

Cheers.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:59 am

On a dif note. I'm sure it's really pricey, but the 2-bedroom villa facing Venice looks pretty cool.
Hysterical Sharon ! I'm very fortunate to afford luxury hotels, but am no where near the billionaires club ! Actually this looks like the perfect property to use points. Cat 8 like AMS MC but double/triple the price. Might make it a 5 day instead of a weekend...

Griffin Club is similar to the Ritz Club lounges (hi-end food/drink all day; chef etc); access is paid.
Sorry to go off topic since this is a JW Venice thread, but which hotels have Griffin Clubs? I am a huge club junkie and always take club rooms at RC, MO etc. plus always take advantage of upgrades to executive clubs . The Griffin Club sounds like one to try.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Plus from what I can see online, none of the rooms have a view of the Grand Canal. Hhhhh? Who would build a brand new luxury JW on a private island and not ensure that most if not all the rooms had a Grand Canal view (I suppose the answer is Bill Marriott, he's too focused I guess on Millenials )
Probably because the resort is nowhere near the Grand Canal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.