Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel, France [Master Thread]

Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel: It's actually going to open in September of this year ....

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...rovence-hotel/
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
welcome addition
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
but no inventory posted for reservations (yet).........

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel: It's actually going to open in September of this year ....

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...rovence-hotel/
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Odd that they're not opening in time for at least part of high season.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:22 am
Suspended

Seems to be a new build instead of a re-flag.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by DENROC
welcome addition
Agree completely.

The location close to Cours Mirbaeau is excellent. ^
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:35 pm

I wish I knew the status of the proposed AC hotels that were supposed to be opened in Lille and Rouen.

Bobette
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:44 pm
Suspended

and what does your question have to do with this thread which is the eventual opening of the Ren Aix??????????

Originally Posted by b1513
I wish I knew the status of the proposed AC hotels that were supposed to be opened in Lille and Rouen.

Bobette
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
and what does your question have to do with this thread which is the eventual opening of the Ren Aix??????????
Also in France?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:20 am
Suspended

OK, but wouldn't this be a more appropriate thread to ask this question in??????
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post19768866

which is based upon........
http://news.marriott.com/2012/09/aut...ope-.html#more

Originally Posted by more4less
Also in France?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Yes, New Construction

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Seems to be a new build instead of a re-flag.
Was wondering... after some searching... yes, new construction. Found this press release from 2010. Project obviously delayed, but it's new. There are some amazing properties in the area, but tres expensive. This should be a nice moderately priced addition to the region.

Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel
Opening in 2012, the 139-room Renaissance Aix-en-Provence Hotel will be located in this small classically provencal city in southern France known for its wrought iron bell towers, beautiful paved plazas and average 300 annual days of sunshine. The new hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with ARTHOTEL Aix-en-Provence SAS. Located 30 km north of Marseille, Aix-en-Provence is often referred to as the city of a thousand fountains, among the most notable the 17th century Fontaine des Quatre Dauphins (Fountain of the Four Dolphins.) The newly built property will be located in the heart of the city center, a stone’s throw from the Grand Theatre de Provence. The hotel will boast two restaurants, a destination bar, and outdoor pool.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
And, exactly, how does you reprimanding me have anything to do with the Renaissance ? Actually I didn't ask a question. I commented on those hotels in the link you just cited ( if you had read it you'd have seen that). I thought since this is a hotel in France someone, who had missed the other thread, might have some insight on those other hotels I mentioned in France.

In any case, this Renaissance is certainly another welcome addition to France. Marriott is surely stepping up to the plate in France. I'll be eager to hear FTers reports on this hotel in the future.

Bobette
Old May 22, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Delayed opening?

I checked on when they would start taking reservations and the response I received was June, for 2014. Sounds like the September opening posted on their website may have been too optimistic.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by michelin
I checked on when they would start taking reservations and the response I received was June, for 2014. Sounds like the September opening posted on their website may have been too optimistic.
First it was September 2013.

Now June 2014.

You'd think by now Marriott Corp would have figured out how long it takes to build a hotel....
Old May 23, 2013, 3:07 am
Suspended

they probably haven't figured it out, nor would they need to, cause Marriott Corp doesn't build them

Originally Posted by travelexpert
First it was September 2013.
Now June 2014.
You'd think by now Marriott Corp would have figured out how long it takes to build a hotel....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.