Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Looking for Marriott Vacation Club owner referral

Looking for Marriott Vacation Club owner referral

Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
would love a rerral to anywhere in the Caribbean

any of the Caribbean Islands would be great, please
thanks
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
Owner referral

Hello-

I will be staying at the Ko Olina beach club (2 nights) next month and would like an owner referral. I am actually looking into a timeshare resale purchase mostly for MR points as I travel all over but always stay at Marriott properties
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gibraltar87
I am actually looking into a timeshare resale purchase mostly for MR points as I travel all over but always stay at Marriott properties
Be very careful about assuming that a timeshare resale purchase would automatically allow you to convert your timeshare usage to MR points. This might not be possible. I would check into that very carefully before making a resale purchase if MR points is your goal.

Think about it: timeshare resales cost quite a bit less than a direct purchase from Marriott. If you were Mr. Marriott, how could you expect to sell any of your timeshare properties if resale buyers had the same privileges as those who buy direct from Marriott?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Be very careful about assuming that a timeshare resale purchase would automatically allow you to convert your timeshare usage to MR points. This might not be possible. I would check into that very carefully before making a resale purchase if MR points is your goal.

Think about it: timeshare resales cost quite a bit less than a direct purchase from Marriott. If you were Mr. Marriott, how could you expect to sell any of your timeshare properties if resale buyers had the same privileges as those who buy direct from Marriott?
Correct! Resales, while legit do not have some of the benefits that direct purchases do. Make sure your resale will.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by southernmom
any of the Caribbean Islands would be great, please
thanks
PM sent
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:56 pm

Hello-

I will be staying at the Ko Olina beach club (2 nights) next month and would like an owner referral. I am actually looking into a timeshare resale purchase mostly for MR points as I travel all over but always stay at Marriott properties
Responded to your PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus

Thanks Vker.

The resale would be direct from Marriott vacation Club and not from a third party. I believe that will afford me the same MR points transfer privileges as the original owner. To be honest, that is my only interest in owning a Marriott timeshare. The other concern I have is the recurring annual fees and taxes. I am carefully researching those.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 4:39 pm

Thanks Vker.

The resale would be direct from Marriott vacation Club and not from a third party. I believe that will afford me the same MR points transfer privileges as the original owner. To be honest, that is my only interest in owning a Marriott timeshare. The other concern I have is the recurring annual fees and taxes. I am carefully researching those.
That makes sense. Just get everything IN WRITING. If they promise it-get it on paper. We have loved our MVCI weeks for 7 years now. It hasn't done anything we haven't expected though .
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
gibraltar87, I have some information that may change your mind quickly.

We own a mountain view 2BR with lock-off option at the Ko Olina Beach Club, and the MR points conversion is only 85k points a year for the full villa. The maintenance fees are currently around $1700 a year. The number of points your timeshare is worth will not increase, but the maintenance fee will. I think maintenance fee was around $1100 a year when we bought almost 10 years ago.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I would like a referral to any of the Marriott Vacation Club properties in either Oahu or Maui. Please PM me if you can help me out.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by lhs323
I can refer people to Marriott Vacation Club's Mai Khao Beach (adjacent to the JW Marriott Phuket / shares many facilities) for 4 days and 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite, if people are interested. Airport transfer is also included.

The only requirement is to attend a 90 minute timeshare sales presentation and to meet basic income and age requirements. This is for Marriott Vacation Club Asia-Pacific, which is exclusively a points-based timeshare system.
Hi,
We'd really appreciate a referral to Marriott Vacation Club's Mai Khao Beach if possible.
Many thanks in advance,
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lhs323
I can refer people to Marriott Vacation Club's Mai Khao Beach (adjacent to the JW Marriott Phuket / shares many facilities) for 4 days and 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite, if people are interested. Airport transfer is also included.

The only requirement is to attend a 90 minute timeshare sales presentation and to meet basic income and age requirements. This is for Marriott Vacation Club Asia-Pacific, which is exclusively a points-based timeshare system.
Hi,
We would greatly appreciate a referral too
many thanks in advance,
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mastermc54
I would like a referral to any of the Marriott Vacation Club properties in either Oahu or Maui. Please PM me if you can help me out.

I can refer you to Maui. Please PM your name, email address and city.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:55 pm

Please send me a Maui referral also.

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I can refer you to Maui, Kauai or Oahu. Please send pm your name and email address.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.