Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Should the Marriott Rewards board be renamed -- Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Should the Marriott Rewards board be renamed -- redux
No, leave it alone.
47.20%
Yes, change the name to "Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton)"
52.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle

We tried a poll:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...renamed-2.html

The results were inconclusive (except to a few observers), so I'll try again. This time, there are only two choices:

1. No change. That's clear enough. The Marriott Rewards board would not be renamed.
2. Propose to TalkBoard that the name be changed to "Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton)."

For the record, option 2 is what I preferred -- and voted for -- in the previous poll (and this one). But I am definitely not attempting in any way to steer the result of this poll. In a sense, I don't care. Whatever the group wants -- or appears to want -- is fine with me.

This poll will remain open for just 30 days. We've already spent enough time on this issue without dragging it out unnecessarily.

Bruce
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:51 am
Suspended

Glad to know great minds think alike!

Now, lets hope others do the same as it is a comprehensive answer to the inclusion of Ritzs in the mix of Marriott Rewards.

Amazing, as of this writing 60 viewed this message but only 14 voted???

Come on people and vote!!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 26, 2012 at 8:56 am
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Voted, thanks for all you do for this board Bruce!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:02 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Smile

The second choice is now etched in stone, but I would have made it a bit simpliar as Marriott (& Ritz Carlton)!

Is there any indication what percentage of Marriott viewers are looking for Ritz Carlton ?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by R&R
Is there any indication what percentage of Marriott viewers are looking for Ritz Carlton ?
I don't believe that there is any way to ascertain that sort of information from what Flyertalk collects.

Bruce
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interestingly -- and likely coincidentally -- the vote tally right now (Sunday at 7 pm Eastern time) is 22-24, which is the same 48%-52% that the first poll produced. Obviously, I'm not trying to draw any conclusions from that -- just making an observation.

Bruce
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Interestingly -- and likely coincidentally -- the vote tally right now (Sunday at 7 pm Eastern time) is 22-24, which is the same 48%-52% that the first poll produced. Obviously, I'm not trying to draw any conclusions from that -- just making an observation.

Bruce
make that 22-25 after my vote!

Why would people NOT want it renamed?? Lets welcome more info from our Ritz lovers who seem to like posting in the luxury forum only.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I voted yes in the poll above.

I don't have strong feelings about the exact name, but IMO RC or Ritz Carlton should appear in the forum's name to make it immediately clear that material about particular RCs, including reviews and master threads, belongs here rather than in the luxury hotels forum.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 6, 2012 at 12:47 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Voted for #2.

My 2 cents:

MR FT'ers might want to stay at a RC for the experience and thrill of it occasionally although the points are astronomical.

There are probably very few RC FT's out there, I can't see that the obsessing, posting, scheming and collecting points (like I do) appeals to the crowd that routinely hangs out at RC's!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like the proposed renaming is going to win. A few more days left to vote, if anyone is interested and hasn't already voted.

Bruce
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, we are done. The proposed renaming has won by a relatively small margin: 53%-47%. I am going to ask Carol to bring this issue to TalkBoard -- and/or to whoever else needs to approve it. Hopefully, such a minor change should be noncontroversial.

Thanks, everybody, for participating in this process!

Bruce
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Poll Just a Symptom of the Bigger Problem

My opinion only... the fact that this question has even arisen is just more evidence that Marriott, which owns the RC chain, has done a miserable job integrating the brand into the rest of the chain. There are issues with Marriott gift cards as well as issues related to elite recognition at the RC chain.

Why should MR elite status mean more when staying at an AC hotel in Europe than it does at a RC in Boston?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Re-titled in a flash..........

Originally Posted by bdschobel
OK, we are done. The proposed renaming has won by a relatively small margin: 53%-47%. I am going to ask Carol to bring this issue to TalkBoard -- and/or to whoever else needs to approve it. Hopefully, such a minor change should be noncontroversial.

Thanks, everybody, for participating in this process!

Bruce
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Indeed it was noncontroversial! Thanks, Carol! ^

Bruce
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So are the threads about RC hotels going to be moved here from the Luxury Hotels forum? And will there be, now or later, a sub forum for RC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.