WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ???

Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ???

Message that I have seen in last few reservations I have made. These were regular reservations, no special codes or anything:

RateInformation
WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ
FAX TO XXX-XXX-XXXX
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I have seen the same thing! Maybe we are labeled as problem customers and they need background checks

Maybe Socrates can enlighten us. . .

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rthib:
Message that I have seen in last few reservations I have made. These were regular reservations, no special codes or anything:

RateInformation
WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ
FAX TO XXX-XXX-XXXX
</font>

[This message has been edited by NeoOfTheCRS (edited Mar 10, 2004).]
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
This has shown up in a couple of my reservation confirmations. The first I noticed was one booked with the LPR code. Thinking "Oh, oh... shouldn't have booked that one" I cancelled it, but then the same info started showing up in my other reservations. Now I wish I hadn't cancelled, as the rate is no longer available.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 2:10 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
I called the reservation line last night regadsing this and they told me that this was if you were making a resveration for someone other than your self and this would allow them to use you credit card; ie: if you have a sibling going to a hotel under your name, they must have this written authorization to use the credit card that you supply in your profile. I just made 12 reservations for my company and got this message on every one, I called the hotle and asked them about this and was told take I should ignore this...
Old Mar 10, 2004, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
This has shown up in a couple of my reservation confirmations. The first I noticed was one booked with the LPR code. Thinking "Oh, oh... shouldn't have booked that one" I cancelled it, but then the same info started showing up in my other reservations. Now I wish I hadn't cancelled, as the rate is no longer available. </font>
My first thought was that they were on to the bonus code thread on flyer talk and they were going shut us all down.

My second thought was "uh oh" last week when I booked a LPR rate. I went ahead and booked it, printed the confirmation and faxed it the proerty asking for written authorization. Received a note back that all was well and the there was NO need for written authorization. Go figure

Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:42 pm

socrates - have we told you lately how much we appreciate you! Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:53 am

I have seen the same thing show up in the rate rules on the Ritz Carlton website recently; even for non-corporate, regualar rate bookings. So the explanation that this only gets triggered after one books isn't accurate. The web designers really need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Why can't it say "Written Authorization required for third party bookings" if that's the case? The other moronic thing that is now showing up is an instruction on where to mail an advance deposit at those resorts that have an advance deposit requirement. But if you book with a credit card (as you must online) the deposit is automatically charged. Another website enhancement, no doubt?
Old Mar 17, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Deleted

[This message has been edited by longing4piedmont (edited Mar 24, 2004).]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:31 pm

The same message showed up today when I tried to reserve a reward room at Marriott Eaton Center. I had not read this thread at the time, and I was concerned that something would go wrong if I booked that reward room online. Hence I ended up calling and reserving with a live agent.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I'm looking at hotels in DFW for a few days in June and get this message on several of the rates at multiple hotels. I guess I can just ignore it.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:55 pm

And has anyone else also been getting the "This hotel is sold out and your Platinum Room Guarantee has been invoked" message, even when the hotel is clearly NOT sold out?

This has happened on my last 5 reservations, ever since they "fixed" the website.

Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Have seen this note too, but when I booked online with my credit card Marriott showed a rate. And they sent me an email confirming the reservation and the rate. Can't imagine I'll be confronted at check-in for not faxing in for additional written authorization. I won't pay any further attention to this drivel unless confronted with it when trying to check in. Has anyone experienced any issues- I for one have not.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This showed up on a res I was making; when I called the Platinum line about it they said it wasn't showing up in their records & to ignore it.

------------------
Sharon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.