Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CPRich:
The front desk clerk told me today that it was being kicked around but that nothing was final.

I told them they needed a better name - Titanium? Other ideas?
</font>
How about PLUTONIUM?
Old Dec 19, 2003, 3:57 pm

How about Marriott just lives up to the terms of actual Platinum for this new level?
Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Platman:
How about Marriott just lives up to the terms of actual Platinum for this new level?</font>
My thoughts exactly But even that would be better than offering more amenites that they can't/won't deliver.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 7:57 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
bumping this one up - has anyone heard anything else on this one?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fireworksboy:
When they can get the REGULAR Platinum level right, somebody give me a call. </font>
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
bumping this one up - has anyone heard anything else on this one?

Thanks.
</font>

I wrote to MR Customer Service and they claimed no knowledge of a new preferred tier.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CPRich:

I wrote to MR Customer Service and they claimed no knowledge of a new preferred tier.
</font>
So pretty much the same response as when you try to invoke your Gold or Plat benefits? At least they are consistent!
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Well, I had 105 nights for the year...nothing changed on the website Jan 1st, still a "plain-ole Platinum".

Old Jan 1, 2004, 3:37 pm

PLT Premier takes full effect on 1/15.

Approx. 3,000 PLT members will be upgraded to the new level.

The change has already taken place so that the FD can see the new code to denote who has the new level.

PLT Premier desk phone number is 1-877-REWARDS.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 6:46 pm

any other info on plat pre ??

the csr said it's a test program and the people who were picked by corporate received a certified letter in the mail.

no other info on tier / perks / etc ???
Old Jan 1, 2004, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Any word on qualification requirements? Have the plat prems already received their certified letters?

I've been top-tier with Marriott so long that it's driving me crazy to think I might be "out-classed" again!

------------------
CO plat, UA prem; Marriott plat, Hyatt plat, Hilton gold, Starwood gold; Avis select, Hertz 5-star, all the others base level...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have 257 nights with Marriott this past year, so if this new level is real, I better be getting a letter in the mail. Any added benfits would be more than welcome. I rarely stay in full service Marriotts; but I frequent CY and RI. They have been pretty good about upgraded rooms and welcome gifts (sometimes with a little prodding or a talk with a manager). I have even been awarded bonus points when I did not realize (or forgot) there was a problem (kudos to the mgr at the RI Austin South).
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ssession:
I have 257 nights with Marriott this past year...</font>
Are those 257 single nights or have you received multiple night credit? I wonder what the record with one hotel chain is in a year...257 is amazing to me.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Those are 257 actual nights, no multiple night credits here (almost 200 where in one hotel). I do a lot of long-term business travel (as well as some personal) and when I get tired of flying every weekend I just stay in the city I'm working in for weeks (or months) at a time. The life of a single consultant... But I'm glad to still be employed and now I have friends all over the place. I actually enjoy experiencing the differences in culture in a new area. Now if only I could get them to send me overseas...
Now, I'm sure there is someone out there who has spent over 300 nights "living" in a hotel.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:47 pm

I've stayed for 84 nights this year in full-service properties, avg. room rate +200 USD/night.

This is surely generating more revenue then anyone with 160 nights in a Courtyard or Residence Inn (I have never stayed a single night in these places).

So please, please, send me a letter and include me in the new Platinum Premier Program !!!

(not that it will make any difference...)

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.