Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Savannah Riverfront, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star

I have two rooms booked for Valentine's weekend. Have seen the hotel, but have never stayed there yet. Two questions arise:
1) how is the property? Seems like a good location
2) as a Platinum, how are the chances of getting upgraded to suite/river view rooms

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there a few times. The location is very good, along the river. I was always upgraded. I don't particularly like the hotel's inner courtyard design, but there's nothing we can do about that!

Bruce
Old Jan 29, 2004, 9:00 am

Converted Radisson, as I recall. Stayed there several years ago and they didn't do much for Platinums. Maybe times have changed.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
Stayed there five nights two weeks ago while attending a trade show at the convention center. I was upgraded to a riverside room on the concierge level, but not a suite. Typical lounge, not open on weekends, but you can request a breakfast coupon for the restaurant. I did receive comp internet access after discussion with manager. I think it is ridiculous that courtyards offer such and full service Marriotts want to charge.

ed for spelling

[This message has been edited by laptop (edited Jan 31, 2004).]
Old Feb 4, 2004, 1:42 pm

We just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. GREAT location! Free internet access, but the computers are VERY SLOOOOOOWWW!! It took me approx. 1.5 hours to print off two boarding passes.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Exclamation More info please

I am bumping this to top.

I will be in Savannah in Jan. I'd like to know more about this property.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey1003
I am bumping this to top.

I will be in Savannah in Jan. I'd like to know more about this property.
Last bump....... why no answers???? Is this a good or bad property????

Thank you
Old Nov 2, 2005, 6:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Good hotel but nothing out of the ordinary. Location is along waterfront area which is very nice with many restaurants/bars.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DENROC
Good hotel but nothing out of the ordinary. Location is along waterfront area which is very nice with many restaurants/bars.
Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Any recent updates on this property? Will be staying here Mar 31-Apr 2. Do plats generally get breakfast vouchers over the weekend? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
We had an awesome weekend stay there last year with my family. Runs my mind that I did the Stay for Breakfast (since I had the kids). Got a suite upgrade on the Concierge Floor with River front View.

Staff was SUPER friendly. Agree with the comment about the atrium which seemed tired, but rooms were great.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I was there last fall during the boat races. I was not quite gold at the time and they gave me comp breakfast certs.

The staff are very nice at this property. I love the riverfront rooms. Makes for great boat spotting.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Update - 3/31-4/2

Stayed at this property from Mar 31 to Apr 2. Showed up at the hotel at about 7:30 AM (having taken the overnight train down from DC) -- asked to just leave my bags, since it seemed far too early for checkin, however they gladly checked me in. As a Platinum, I ended up with a river-facing concierge level room with a nice balcony. The balcony would've been a lot nicer with a couple of chairs (there was certainly room for that), but it was nice just the same. The hotel was very crowded on Saturday - some type of convention was going on. By Sunday afternoon things had quieted down.

For Sunday, I was offered a free continental buffet in the restaurant; for $2 per person, we upgraded to the full buffet. It was not possible to get an entree - those would've been full price - your only choices were continental for free or full for $2. Upgrading was a wise choice, as we got far more than $2 worth of eggs, meat, etc. But there was also a very nice selection of fruit and breads that would've been free. Monday morning, we ate breakfast in the lounge.. wide selection of fresh fruit and breads (very good fruit), with oatmeal being the only hot item. When we showed up in the lounge at 7AM, it was very crowded and people were struggling to find seats. The night before, we dropped in to see what was up and found they had a couple of hot snack items along with cheese, bread, and a couple of desert items. There were also non-alcoholic beverages, with alcoholic beverages available for a charge.

Fitness center was not overly large, but adequate.. there is a pool/hottub in one corner of the atrium, and another pool outside (this was not open yet). Overall, we found the staff to be very friendly and had a pleasant stay at this hotel.

The hotel is in a very nice location.. short walk along the river to the heart of Savannah. Additionally, it has direct (free) ferry service to the convention center on Hutchinson Island, so if you were in town for a convention center there, the Marriott would be a great choice. I believe the Hyatt up the street also has direct ferry service there. Incidentally, the Westin located next door to the convention center (that is, on the island itself) seemed like an absolutely beautiful place. But, there is basically nothing on the island aside from the center, the Westin, and a golf course -- so if you are in town for leisure, seems to me like it'd be far better to stay in Savannah itself.

We would certainly stay here on a future trip to Savannah.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:42 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by jkm024
Stayed at this property from Mar 31 to Apr 2. Showed up at the hotel at about 7:30 AM (having taken the overnight train down from DC) -- asked to just leave my bags, since it seemed far too early for checkin, however they gladly checked me in. As a Platinum, I ended up with a river-facing concierge level room with a nice balcony. The balcony would've been a lot nicer with a couple of chairs (there was certainly room for that), but it was nice just the same. The hotel was very crowded on Saturday - some type of convention was going on. By Sunday afternoon things had quieted down.

For Sunday, I was offered a free continental buffet in the restaurant; for $2 per person, we upgraded to the full buffet. It was not possible to get an entree - those would've been full price - your only choices were continental for free or full for $2. Upgrading was a wise choice, as we got far more than $2 worth of eggs, meat, etc. But there was also a very nice selection of fruit and breads that would've been free. Monday morning, we ate breakfast in the lounge.. wide selection of fresh fruit and breads (very good fruit), with oatmeal being the only hot item. When we showed up in the lounge at 7AM, it was very crowded and people were struggling to find seats. The night before, we dropped in to see what was up and found they had a couple of hot snack items along with cheese, bread, and a couple of desert items. There were also non-alcoholic beverages, with alcoholic beverages available for a charge.

Fitness center was not overly large, but adequate.. there is a pool/hottub in one corner of the atrium, and another pool outside (this was not open yet). Overall, we found the staff to be very friendly and had a pleasant stay at this hotel.

The hotel is in a very nice location.. short walk along the river to the heart of Savannah. Additionally, it has direct (free) ferry service to the convention center on Hutchinson Island, so if you were in town for a convention center there, the Marriott would be a great choice. I believe the Hyatt up the street also has direct ferry service there. Incidentally, the Westin located next door to the convention center (that is, on the island itself) seemed like an absolutely beautiful place. But, there is basically nothing on the island aside from the center, the Westin, and a golf course -- so if you are in town for leisure, seems to me like it'd be far better to stay in Savannah itself.

We would certainly stay here on a future trip to Savannah.
The important thing is did you eat at The Lady and Sons?
Old May 21, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
looking at staying at this property this summer for a long weekend. This thread is a little dated so hoping for some more recent activity/input.

Do they offer any benefits on the weekends since the lounge is closed (breakfast coupon?)

any recent renovations on rooms or artrium? I haven't looked inside this property in over 5 years.

Thanks in adavance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.