Should MR Gold always be given a room on the Concierge floor if there are rooms available - or is it normal to be left on a different floor and just have card access to the Concierge Lounge?

First time I can recall not being put on CL floor as a MR Gold. And the hotel appears to be empty (very quiet, not seen a single other non-staff person all day, very few cars in lot, no-one in bar, ...). Not complaining as the room I do have on another floor is fine. Just unusual enough to prompt the question.
Quote: Should MR Gold always be given a room on the Concierge floor if there are rooms available - or is it normal to be left on a different floor and just have card access to the Concierge Lounge?

First time I can recall not being put on CL floor as a MR Gold. And the hotel appears to be empty (very quiet, not seen a single other non-staff person all day, very few cars in lot, no-one in bar, ...). Not complaining as the room I do have on another floor is fine. Just unusual enough to prompt the question.
Not according to the T&C, as elites you get lounge access. CL floor is not a guarantee.

I have tried several times that I don't get CL floor as Gold. Once I asked and they reassign me a room on CL floor.
Quote: Should MR Gold always be given a room on the Concierge floor if there are rooms available - or is it normal to be left on a different floor and just have card access to the Concierge Lounge?

As Nacho said, no CL floor guarantee w/ Marriott, just lounge access. Happens to me evyer once in a while.
What I found out that I get CL access automatically (as one should) and as a Plat if CL level room (with my bed preference) is available I get it. However not guaranteed. Sometimes only 2Q or 2D rooms are available on CL (I usually have 1K preferred). They would tell me that upon checking (when I ask if there is an upgrade available) and I can make a decision what I would like CL or 1K room or something.

Usually a nice question at check-in helps resolve any issues with upgrade (perceived or real). Usually I find that it is just perceived (not that I have a way of knowing if they are sandbagging me or not
I rarely get a room on the Concierge floor. Don't know why.

Most hotels, there is little to no difference in rooms. Maybe robes or something like that. I'm more interested in a larger room anyway - and those upgrades happen frequently enough for me.

Billy
I'm not the DYKWIA type so the room I have is perfectly OK for me (no upgrade of any kind as far as I can tell) - and getting the elevator up/down 3 floors to get to the CL doesn't bother me.

I just don't recall not being put on the CL floor before when the hotel has been so obviously empty - i.e. its not an availability thing. No complaint, just odd in my experience to date.
How do you know it is not availability thing? Sometimes hotels would have reservation for the following day or something?

There might be some Platinums pre-booked to CL rooms for next days.
I am Plat and seldom make the actual CL floor
I'm also a Plat and only once have had a room on CL - usually a nearby floor with CL access.
Quote: I'm not the DYKWIA type so the room I have is perfectly OK for me (no upgrade of any kind as far as I can tell) - and getting the elevator up/down 3 floors to get to the CL doesn't bother me.

I just don't recall not being put on the CL floor before when the hotel has been so obviously empty - i.e. its not an availability thing. No complaint, just odd in my experience to date.
Also, remember as a gold you are number 3 in line for upgrades.
I'm # 2 for upgrades being Plat & don't always get the exec floor. As long as I have exec lounge access I don't actually care that much.

Also, some hotels have a LOT of Plats/Golds check in daily, so some may check in before another Gold/Plat & get the available exec level room.

Cheers.