Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Award + $$ = Stay Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2003, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Do Award + $$ = Stay Credit?

I haven't run across this particular situation before. I just used up my last X-14 certificate last night at a Residence Inn. I had booked an award stay online for a 2 BR suite. When I checked in and presented the W-14 they asked if I had an upgrade certificate. Not sure what they meant, I asked for an explanation and was told the X-14 was only good for a standard room and the 2BR required an upgrade cert or an additional $55 a night. Since we had my husbands 3 young nieces with us, I wanted the 2BR and paid the extra $55. At checkout the folio looked like this: Room Rate $159
Award Redemption -$109, Balance $54 (plus taxes etc) Anyone know if in the situation I will get stay credit? Just curious. I guess I will know in a week or 2 anyway.
Cindi
Old Jun 29, 2003, 6:42 pm

No, your upgrade cost is merely an add-on expense to the night-stay covered by your cert; therefore, you won't get a stay credit in your account.

You should, however, earn points on whatever you've charged to your card, minus taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.