List of renovated hotels?

Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
List of renovated hotels?

Is there any easy way to determine if a FS hotel has been recently renovated before booking? The website isn't always clear, although I probably should pay closer attention to the pictures.

The last two hotels I visited, Knoxville and Long Beach were a throwback to the 1980's. I don't normally stay at full service as I don't see the value, but if I am going to spend the $$ I'd like to at least get something modern.

Cheers,
Pogopossum
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "fact sheet" on the website usually has the date built and date renovated.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by pogopossum
The last two hotels I visited, Knoxville and Long Beach were a throwback to the 1980's.
I stayed at the Long Beach Marriott in 2008. The hotel was in the middle of a massive renovation. Our room looked brand new, but the Concierge Lounge was closed for construction. I'm surprised that the Long Beach Marriott now appears to be a "throwback to the 1980's."

I've not had much luck finding renovation details on the "fact sheet" page, but I've had good luck seeing renovation details by clicking on the "room details" page when looking at room rates.

Here's what it currently says for the Long Beach Marriott:
Hotel Highlights
This hotel has a smoke-free policy
Hotel was built in 1987
Rooms were renovated in 2009
I suppose the renovation may not have been fully completed until 2009.

One problem with any hotel's renovation date is that it doesn't tell you how thorough the renovation was or how well the property is maintained year after year. In some ways, ongoing maintenance, keeping a property in good shape, and refreshing soft goods and electronics as needed are more important factors than when the hotel was last invaded by an army of contractors in hard hats.

Last edited by Horace; Sep 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Thanks, I don't see it on the fact sheets for the Knoxville or Long Beach properties, maybe that is a sign!

PP
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I usually do a search within this forum to see if anyone has provided a review of the hotel. Tripadvisor.com is also a good resource if you scan the reviews a few months back to see references to worn furniture and/or CRT televisions.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pogopossum
Is there any easy way to determine if a FS hotel has been recently renovated before booking? The website isn't always clear, although I probably should pay closer attention to the pictures.

The last two hotels I visited, Knoxville and Long Beach were a throwback to the 1980's. I don't normally stay at full service as I don't see the value, but if I am going to spend the $$ I'd like to at least get something modern.

Cheers,
Pogopossum
Hotels are constantly renovating so every hotel would be on the list

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.