A few questions for all the elites... (been a few years for me)

Subscribe
Hey all,

just to give a heads up where I am coming from, I havent been too active in Marriott Rewards for a few years and used to be on here frequently for info (Can't remember if I posted, I think i may have just lurked) anyway I was platinum for a bout three years 03-06, gold for a couple years after, and then moved to a job with no travel in 09. For the years I was plat i followed everything closely, gave up since.

So I had a few questions to catch me back up

1. I used to use the elite buy one get one certificates all the time (the buy one entree get one free at the full service restaurants, and the weekend buy one night at rack rate get second free) but cant find them anymore. Do they still do these offers?

2. Also used to have a few rewards for points offers that I dont see that type anymore (Specifically ones i remember are dinner for two, appetizers entrees and gratuity included for 20000 points, and 7 nights in hawaii for about 170000 I think) Have there been any other similar offers come up?

Many more questions to come, thanks in advance!
Welcome (back) to FT as a member, not just a lurker.

1. No. Long thread re: it.
2. No - I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

My recommendation is since you've been away from MR & FT for a while that you read through some of the Marriott forum threads and/or do a search as odds are your questions will have been asked before.

Cheers.
Quote: Welcome (back) to FT as a member, not just a lurker.

1. No. Long thread re: it.
2. No - I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

My recommendation is since you've been away from MR & FT for a while that you read through some of the Marriott forum threads and/or do a search as odds are your questions will have been asked before.

Cheers.
Thanks. Although I expected a bit of inflation on points, I am a bit taken back by how much value they seem to have lost. Very dissapointed at the changed point scale (flat rate charge for nights with 5th night free as opposed to the previous cheaper and cheaper nights)
Quote: Thanks. Although I expected a bit of inflation on points, I am a bit taken back by how much value they seem to have lost. Very dissapointed at the changed point scale (flat rate charge for nights with 5th night free as opposed to the previous cheaper and cheaper nights)
Well you can read the thread that discusses that for the pros/cons.

But in fairness, whether there are enhancements or decrease in bennies, things change in 3 years - and that's true of any program, not just Marriott.

Cheers.
Quote: 7 nights in hawaii for about 170000 I think)
Sounds kind of like a travel package... http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi

200k for 7 nights in a Cat 1-5... there are several in Hawaii. (plus some airline miles, too)
Quote: ... 7 nights in hawaii for about 170000 I think) Have there been any other similar offers come up?
Even thought this resembles the Travel Packages offers, as mentioned before, this year they had a special offer for 7 nights in Wailea for 140,000 points.

Week in Wailea: 3 Free Nights