Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Should the Marriott Rewards board be renamed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Should the Marriott Rewards board be renamed?
"Marriott Rewards" (i.e., no change)
47.65%
"Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton)"
27.06%
"Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Rewards"
10.00%
"Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards"
4.71%
"Ritz-Carlton Rewards" (i.e., split RC into its own separate forum from Marriott)
10.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle

I'm starting this poll at another user's suggestion. Please vote, and we'll see whether there is a groundswell of support for any particular option:

"Marriott Rewards" (i.e., no change)
"Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton)"
"Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Rewards"
"Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards"
"Ritz-Carlton Rewards" (i.e., split RC into its own separate forum from Marriott)

Bruce
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold

No change
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1

Originally Posted by coplatflyer
No change
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think there should be two polls, the first do you want a change, the second what to? 8 people want it to stay the same, 14 to change. But the 14 people are spread around amongst slightly different wordings. Two polls would also allow the poeple who don't want a change to indicate what they woudl liek if a change is the decision.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
I also agree that no change. Since the benies are the same between the two programs, I would assume that Marriott may merge the programs in the future.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I think there should be two polls, the first do you want a change, the second what to? 8 people want it to stay the same, 14 to change. But the 14 people are spread around amongst slightly different wordings. Two polls would also allow the poeple who don't want a change to indicate what they woudl liek if a change is the decision.
If "no change" wins, then I think we'll just drop this idea.

Bruce
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Why not have Ritz as a sub board similar to the destination page where you have separate page for Las Vegas that is a sub board for the West
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
That seems shortsighted. If it's going to be that simple, the poll should just be an up/down vote on adding RC to the name or maintaining the status quo.

Last edited by dayone; Aug 25, 2012 at 6:16 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
Why not have Ritz as a sub board similar to the destination page where you have separate page for Las Vegas that is a sub board for the West
That's probably subsumed into option 5 (although it's certainly not obvious).

Bruce
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dayone
That seems shortsighted. If it's going to be that simple, the poll should just an up/down vote on adding RC to the name or maintaining the status quo.
We'll all look at the results in 60 days or so and do our best to interpret the sentiment on the board.

Bruce
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Teamstone
I also agree that no change. Since the benies are the same between the two programs, I would assume that Marriott may merge the programs in the future.
"Benies" are not the same..at least not in Asia anyway. Marriott Rewards G or P do not have complimentary access to Exec lounge at R-C properties in Asia...don't know about R-C's outside Asia.

But I would still leave the board the same
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:44 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by djp98374
When I was thinking up the possible list of "options", I have to admit I purposely left this one off. I did so because I had seen this option mentioned in some of the previous threads, but virtually no one seemed to like that idea. So I really didn't think it would get much traction.

I guess it could be considered a bit short-sighted on my part for thinking that. (And I do apologize.)

But with that said, I do agree with Bruce. Lets wait out the 60 days and see where the votes have fallen. We will have lots of time to rant, rave and argue at that point.

Last edited by hhoope01; Aug 25, 2012 at 3:35 pm
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

Bruce
That's just silly given how the poll is structured.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Agree - as of now 65% of people want a change.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Bruce
So is that in raw numbers or exceeds a combination of all the changes? Presume an almost 5-way tie, 79% support a change and 20% don't; what's the call?

Splitting the pole in two makes the most sense. Even if I'm not in the majority of those wishing a change, I may have a preference what it is changed to.

Personally, I voted for a change, but would not like to see each of those that don't want a change count 5x more than my vote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.