Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Subscribe
I wanted to ask you if anyone knows how Marriott handles their Breakfast Buffets at the different chains. Are there guidelines within the chain on what has to be on it?

My favorite is the Buffet at the Marriott World Center Orlando followed by the one at the Surfers Paradise Marriott.

Which Marriott hotel do you think features the best buffet?

Also how do Renaissance's and Courtyards Buffet rank compared to Marriott's? Are they as complete?

Muerz
Camelback Inn
Marriott Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Wien
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DENROC:
Camelback Inn</font>
I second.

Third vote for Camelback.

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide site
But how do Courytard's and Renaissance's Breakfast Buffet compare? Are they as complete as Marriott's?

My vote goes as mentioned above to the Marriott Orlando World Center

Muerz
Although I haven't stayed there for over a year, the Greenville/Spartanburg Marriott used to have a buffet that was worth getting up for.

------------------
lennon
When I stay at full service Marriott properties I usually take advantage of the C-lounge C-breakfast. Courtyards are hit and miss--some are pretty nice with omelettes, "custom eggs", etc. Most are just your usual bacon & Eggs in a steamer.
The Bangkok Marriott Resort. When I stayed, Rewards members had choice of either the C-Lounge or Cafe. The Cafe buffet is enormous with selections of Western, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese breakfast items and requires several minutes to walk through before beginning to make your selections. Numerous staff ensure it is always well stocked. If you crave breakfast buffets, you should put this hotel on your itinerary.
I really liked the buffet at the Renaissance Sydney. What is lacked in variety, it more than made up for with the amazing smoked salmon.

-Zombie-
Dalmahoy, Edinburgh
PHX Airport marriott excellent... omellette and waffle station, eggs benedict on the buffet.

Renaissence Parc 55 San Fran terrible buffet for an alleged 4 star.
My favorite about their buffets are
  • Waffles
  • Egg Station
  • Poached Eggs with Hollandaise Sauce (like Egg Benedict without Toast and Ham)
  • Salmon

How about these buffet selections in Renaissance and Courtyard properties?

Muerz

[This message has been edited by Muerz (edited 05-29-2002).]
I have found that the buffets of the Europe properties I've stayed at (Maida Vale, Ren La Defense, Ren Brussels, Milan) to be generally better than those in the US. Call me crazy, but I seem to be partial to the smoked salmon, runny eggs, and cold-cuts at those buffets than loading up on the sausages and bacon.