Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cut myself on glass on carpet in room at JW Marriott

Cut myself on glass on carpet in room at JW Marriott

Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I have to say I admire Marriott's Twitter responses. I've reached out to them a few times with issues regarding my stays and they've always taken care of it. Not issues pertaining to me exactly, but simply things that shouldn't be happening at the hotel. They'll even ask me to check if something was fixed when they got a report from the hotel that it was. Awesome!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Yes twitter people are awesome!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Thanks all for the replies. Just an update:

- Wound is fine. No signs of anything significant

- Like I said, the LP officer came and took a report, pictures etc. Shortly after he left my room, room service came by with a fruit/cheese/cracker plate along with a handwritten apology card from the LP officer.

- Marriott Intl on Twitter followed up with me today to make sure the foot is OK and to see if there's anything else I need.

I think I'll let the issue be for now. No sense in being a dick and demanding compensation -- I'd rather save the demands for when something is really due to me.
^ good to hear youre good to go, and its great to read where a person understands not every incident requires compensation, happy to read how both the Hotel and MR @ Twitter just didnt leave it alone and followed up to make sure you were OK
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by craz
^ good to hear youre good to go, and its great to read where a person understands not every incident requires compensation, happy to read how both the Hotel and MR @ Twitter just didnt leave it alone and followed up to make sure you were OK
Maybe I should ask for something now that I'm playing a round of golf at the resort on Friday...comped game?

(j/k)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
The trick is not to ask for it. Say it with style:

"Excuse me Mr. Manager (or other staff checking how you're doing). How much is a round of golf? Oh ok. Well what if I can't finish it because my foot still hurts from the incident with the glass in the carpet? If I only play half a round, do I have to pay for it all?"
Manager (or staff) usually says "you know what, don't worry about it. Try to enjoy it as it'll be on us."
You "oh are you sure? I don't mind paying for it, just wasn't sure if my foot will..."
Manager "trust me. It costs nothing and we value your money...errr...our customers here. Please enjoy a free round"
You "ok thanks!"
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by living near shamu
The trick is not to ask for it. Say it with style:

"Excuse me Mr. Manager (or other staff checking how you're doing). How much is a round of golf? Oh ok. Well what if I can't finish it because my foot still hurts from the incident with the glass in the carpet? If I only play half a round, do I have to pay for it all?"
Manager (or staff) usually says "you know what, don't worry about it. Try to enjoy it as it'll be on us."
You "oh are you sure? I don't mind paying for it, just wasn't sure if my foot will..."
Manager "trust me. It costs nothing and we value your money...errr...our customers here. Please enjoy a free round"
You "ok thanks!"
Not sure if it will always work out like that but I do agree that it's the best way to ask things.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.