Wiki Posts
Search

JW virtual concierge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
JW virtual concierge

So, I screwed up and instead of booking a romance package, booked a regular room/stay for next week. Call me high maintenance (or easy to please, not sure) but I was really looking forward to the sparkling wine and chocolates, and more importantly, surprising my husband with them.

Is the wine and/or chocolates or anything else special like that something the VC will allow me to order? Will I even get an email? Last time I stayed in a full service property I didn't, and I'm wondering if I can salvage this stay.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
A call to the front desk at the hotel can probably get you taken care of.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I'm kind of weird about that - feel like it's too demanding. But thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You could always cancel the reservation and make a new one with a romance package.
Or just call MR reservation line and make changes to your existing reservation. If you do get an email from Virtual concierge or someone at the property, make sure you let them know it's for a special occasion, and often they will make sure to get you an upgrade and maybe a little extra gift/service.

I was staying at Renaissance in Paris for a special occasion and got a full bottle of champagne and box of chocolate in addition to the regular amenity gift. Same thing happened when staying at the JW in Miami...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

I thought about canceling and rebooking but the hotel is full - lots of stuff going on in town that weekend. I guess I'll just hope for the email.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by lovely15
I guess I'll just hope for the email.
Why hope? Just call.

Hi, I meant to book the romance package but accidently booked a regular room. Is it possible to get my ressie switched to the romance package? I realize there's an additional charge.

Yes, great. Thank you so much.

No. Is there a way I can order separately whatever comes w/ the romance package? I realize it's my fault for booking the wrong room/rate, but any help you could give me would be ever so appreciated. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Why hope? Just call.

Hi, I meant to book the romance package but accidently booked a regular room. Is it possible to get my ressie switched to the romance package? I realize there's an additional charge.

Yes, great. Thank you so much.

No. Is there a way I can order separately whatever comes w/ the romance package? I realize it's my fault for booking the wrong room/rate, but any help you could give me would be ever so appreciated. Thx.

Cheers.
^
In this day and age of texting and social media, it seems phone conversation has become a lost art.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by plagwate
^
In this day and age of texting and social media, it seems basic phone conversation has become a lost art.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by plagwate
^
In this day and age of texting and social media, it seems phone conversation has become a lost art.
Well in fairness, she said she thought it would seem demanding if she called & instead was hoping to ask via email if she got one from the VC.

But if the email to the VC was going to mimic my (sample) phone conversation w/ the property, then it's not demanding to ask it on the phone vs hoping to get an email from the VC (which some have reported are not always forthcoming) & basically say the same thing in an email.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, calling is too demanding these days. You are expecting them to actually be at their desk waiting to take your call. Today's world you are expected to send eMail and then they can choose to respond or ignore claiming it never arrived so when you arrive and ask they can express how it's not included in your rate but they will "make an exception" for you.

Customer service has dropped so low, I just hope their doors are still open when I arrive! I know FT threads get more traction when there is something bad to discuss.

Lovely15, please don't feel you are intruding by giving them a call. Just keep it pleasant and light hearted and you may be surprised what you'll get! If the agent sounds put out by your request, politely ending the call is your best move, and you're no worse off than you are now.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:52 pm

Absolutely agree. It's not demanding at all to call the hotel and ask for something you are willing to pay for. That's simply customer service. You wouldn't hesitate to call if you'd mistakenly booked one room and needed two, so no need to feel demanding in asking for chocolates and champagne...it's basically room service.

In fact, I would suggest you don't rely on the Virtual Concierge as I am probably only batting .500 on requests made in that manner (and I, too, am not a demanding nor high maintenance person).

Good luck. Hope you get what you want. Enjoy your visit
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Customer service has dropped so low, I just hope their doors are still open when I arrive!
I too have really soured on Marriott in the last couple years but are you actually suggesting that you genuinely worry that MI will go out of business and close all 4,000 hotels between the time you book a hotel and the time you arrive?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DillMan
I too have really soured on Marriott in the last couple years but are you actually suggesting that you genuinely worry that MI will go out of business and close all 4,000 hotels between the time you book a hotel and the time you arrive?
No, just the next property I'm due to stay.

A friend had a confirmed rez for a MI property that had closed due to hurricane damage, but had started taking new rezzies. They were delayed in opening and just a few weeks before arrival canceled his rez. They were unwilling to assist in finding accommodations in the area. Once escalated to Salt Lake, they fell over themselves making arrangements at a neighboring property (not even MI). The local property was hoping, and probably did, just ditch several guests with no regard for the commitment they made accepting their rez.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.