Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks! Do you know what the hours are of the free wine and evening snacks?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Exdon
Very easy to get there from Train Station: Take tramline 4, direction "Altstetten" and get off after 12min at "Technopark". Cross the street to the left in direction of travel and you hit the parking area in front of the hotel after 100m.
i.e walk to the back of the Swisscom building and you will be in front of the hotel. Don't follow the signs to the hotel as they are intended for vehicles and you will take the roundabout way!

We could get absolutely NO wifi signal from our room This was a big bummer for us as we relied on it for all our communiications. Wifi signal in the lounge was very weak. We mentioned it to the front desk and they are well aware of the issues and are "working on it".

Yes, the lounge offerings were fantastic! We spent much time there. Very easy access to the train station and downtown via the tram. Also, the cheapest way to get to the airport is to get a cab to the commuter train station just to the north (forget the name) and you can get an S commuter train right to the airport. We had a very early flight and caught the first 5am train to the airport. Hotel did a great job making sure we had a cab there ready for us that early.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by dmodemd
... Also, the cheapest way to get to the airport is to get a cab to the commuter train station just to the north (forget the name) and you can get an S commuter train right to the airport...
Hm, it is a 400m walk to Zrich Hardbrcke where you board the S-Bahn to ZRH. Walking even with some luggage may be faster than taking a taxi...and a tad cheaper
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

mini TR: Zurich Renaissance Tower

Hi,

Just came back from a weekend stay at this property:

First impression: Very modern and trendy hotel both exterior and interior. Very friendly staff.

Location: This is the downside of this property if you are in Zurich for leisure. It is basically in the middle of an industrial and residential area with lots of different companies around. There are some apartments next to the building.
Luckily there is a tram stop (as other posters have indicated) about 5-10 mins walk. Close to the hotel is an Ibis Budget and Novotel (which I noticed a lot of tourist staying too). I am not sure how long or frequent the tram service is as I was with a car. [Parking seems to be free if you can get parking in front of the hotel]

Rooms: Very nice and spacious rooms. [I was not upgraded, but did get a high floor]. I had a room with quite a nice 180 deg view. Nice to see the trains go by and in the distance some mountains.

Bathroom/Toilets: Separate bath and toilet space. The bathroom opens into the room, but you can close it with the sliding doors. To me this was a nice concept. Toiletries provided are from a brand known as 'Tokyo milk', never heard of it, but seems to be a big thing. I like the smell and the design does add to the trendiness of the hotel.

Lounge: Currently the lounge is closed for full service for the summer break, will open if I remember correctly 11 Aug evening. However, in place of this was given a 40 CHF perday value to be used at the bar for F&B. For my 2 days, I received 80 CHF, which you can also include the tips into this value. In my opinion, big ^ to the hotel on this point. However at the same time, the lounge was open for self service and in the evenings, they still placed Red and white wines out. Beers seems to be available throughout the day. This has been one of the most generous property that I have been too. Very impressed with this. (No, I did not use all the 80 CHF, just used it on 1 evening and gave a tip of 10 CHF). Breakfast is offered in the Equinox restaurant instead of the lounge.

Breakfast: Very good spread. I had breakfast actually included in my rate (should have booked the rate without and save back some $$ ). But very good spread and friendly efficient staff.

Wifi: As other posters have mentioned, this can be another sour point. Signal was rather weak when you stay far from the entrance. It improves as you are closer to the corridor. I was however able to do what I needed with the signal I had. The signal in the lounge is much better.

All in all, am very happy with my stay despite the location. If I have to go back, I will surely pick this location is the prices are reasonable. I think the main advantage is the space and because the hotel is new. I had some friends traveling with me and they booked the Crowne Plaza (on the opposite site of the bridge) and rooms were small and place was old. Made them rather jealous of my place

Cheers!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:17 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I (just) stayed at the Marriott Renaissance (located at 101 Thurgauerstrasse), a short walk from the Glattpark stop on trams 10, 12 (direct access from the airport and downtown) and tram 11 (access from downtown, but not the airport).
I used AA miles to "pay" for the hotel and breakfast (AA executive platinums get a "big" discounted mileage rate).
The official price for the (buffet) breakfast is 37 SF (IMHO, not worth it). There were lots of tour groups staying at they hotel, they had breakfast included, which meant that seating was very "tight". [They should have had tour groups in a separate area, and individuals in another area--as I've seen done at other hotels.]
Even though I'm only silver, I was given a suite (living room + bedroom)--maybe this was due to a scarcity of rooms due to the tour groups..
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Any Gold members stay at the Renaissance Zurich (the one near Glattpark) recently?

Do Golds get any lounge access and breakfast coupons when the lounge is closed on weekends?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Did you check Sharon's sticky???

Originally Posted by transportprof

Do Golds get any lounge access and breakfast coupons when the lounge is closed on weekends?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Did you check Sharon's sticky???
Yes, I did check the sticky, but it may be out of date. When UA and Marriott partnered to cross-promote elite benefits, I received an announcement that Golds would get lounge access or breakfast coupons when the lounges are closed.

Sharon's sticky says that coupons at this property are only given to Plats.

So my question stands: Any Golds get breakfast coupons when staying at the Renaissance Zurich on the weekend?

Fyi - breakfast costs CHF 37 there, so this is not a minor detail.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Outside of the United States Gold and Platinum members get lounge access or breakfast if no lounge/lounge closed 7 days a week at all full service properties. This has not changed recently, or changed with the added United members.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Outside of the United States Gold and Platinum members get lounge access or breakfast if no lounge/lounge closed 7 days a week at all full service properties. This has not changed recently, or changed with the added United members.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi
Thanks! I guess the sticky should be updated to reflect the Marriott Rewards policy of breakfast coupon for Golds as well as Plats.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Renaissance Zurich closing August 31st

I couldn't find a property thread for the Renaissance Zurich, but they told me at check in that the Club is closed permanently and the hotel will be converted into offices for some insurance company at the end of August.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
I couldn't find a property thread for the Renaissance Zurich, but they told me at check in that the Club is closed permanently and the hotel will be converted into offices for some insurance company at the end of August.
Thanks for the info!

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Too bad. We had an excellent stay there in May. The hotel is in a building that is already two-thirds filled with offices of the Zurich Insurance company, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will be expanding into the rest of the space.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat/PP
I just booked a stay at the Renaissance tower at the end of September the other week. Is it common to still be able to book with a planned closure? Guess I'm glad I read this now, may have to find another property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.