Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont believe a taxi would be able to take in 6 suitcases if they are all full-size.

Your best option might be to find out if there are storage lockers either at ZRH or at the Train station that connected to ZRH. Very often in major European trainstations (as well as in Japan and Australia), there are lockers of various sizes - the largest lockers usually are HUGE. You may want to google this information.

If you can store your excess suitcases at airport or tainstation lockers, then just take the train into city proper - very frequent train services and the train goes right into town center, with another stop further inside town. On our last trip, we took the train with our rolleraboards, a very easy trip.

I believe Marriott is near the main stop, i.e. the first stop into Zurich.

Taxi would cost you quite a bit because airport is several miles from town and Zurich is a very expensive city.

Parking in city is also a nightmare, not to mention the one-way streets and the traffic with tramcars, fwiw.

Another option is Renaissance which is classified as Airport hotel, but is at least 2 miles away from airport. Ren has a garage so parking is not a problem eventhough it is not cheap. We stayed at Ren on our night before leaving ZRH. At the time there were construction going on in front of the hotel - the City was building a light rail to connect that area to airport. The construction made the hotel difficult to find, if you do not know it is right behind, or next, to a Renault dealership, on the main drag.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 8, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Old Mar 11, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
I dont believe a taxi would be able to take in 6 suitcases if they are all full-size.

Your best option might be to find out if there are storage lockers either at ZRH or at the Train station that connected to ZRH. Very often in major European trainstations (as well as in Japan and Australia), there are lockers of various sizes - the largest lockers usually are HUGE. You may want to google this information.

If you can store your excess suitcases at airport or tainstation lockers, then just take the train into city proper - very frequent train services and the train goes right into town center, with another stop further inside town. On our last trip, we took the train with our rolleraboards, a very easy trip.

I believe Marriott is near the main stop, i.e. the first stop into Zurich.

Taxi would cost you quite a bit because airport is several miles from town and Zurich is a very expensive city.

Parking in city is also a nightmare, not to mention the one-way streets and the traffic with tramcars, fwiw.

Another option is Renaissance which is classified as Airport hotel, but is at least 2 miles away from airport. Ren has a garage so parking is not a problem eventhough it is not cheap. We stayed at Ren on our night before leaving ZRH. At the time there were construction going on in front of the hotel - the City was building a light rail to connect that area to airport. The construction made the hotel difficult to find, if you do not know it is right behind, or next, to a Renault dealership, on the main drag.
Thanks, for the information.

I wonder if you or anyone else can tell me a one-way taxi rate between the ZRH airport, and the hotel.

Are there any minivan taxis at the airport?

I guess one could book a limousine through the hotel, for pick-up from and drop-off at the airport? I wonder what a one-way rate might be in these circumstances?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How to email Zurich Marriott

I want to email someone (or some hotel department) at Zurich Marriott, regarding my reservation, questions on amenities, transportation etc.

Who can I send the email to, and to what email address?

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
On the cost of the Taxi between the airport and central zurich, when I was there about a year ago, the cost was ~50CHF one way (I think... its been a while), which at the time seemed pretty expensive for a 1 very short trip (about Ł25 for about 12km).

Hotel limousine is going to be even more I'd guess...
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
Call the Marriott Reservations line and ask them for the e-mail address. I will tell you though... I tried that in the summer and they gave me the e-mail address, but the e-mail always bounced back. I tried several time. So, finally I called the reservations line again and had them note in my requests in my reservations. It's a very nice hotel by the way, and very conveniently located. The Executive Lounge on the first floor (if you have status with Marriott) is outstanding; beats any Marriott in the U.S.!!!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
The Zurich Marriott is very close to the train station (Zürich HB), and the ride from the airport is quick on the train. I don't know how much a taxi would cost. But, if you and your family can handle hauling the suitcases to the train and ride the train, it could be more cost effective to do it that way and just catch a taxi once you get out of the train station instead of walking with the suitcases across the bridge. Or even better, call the hotel and ask if they would provide a shuttle to pick you up from the train station (I doubt it though).

Btw, it's a very nice hotel and in a good location. Only bad thing (especially when you have kids) is the cinema that you have to pass by every time you walk to/from the train station.

Have fun!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:52 am

The cost for a cab from the airport to the Marriott is now approx. 60 CHF ( 50 U$). Yes, there are van cabs available from the airport.
Forget taking the train, its is still 1 km walk from the station to the Marriott. As said above you have to pass a sleazy cinema each time you wanna go owntown. Stay on the hotel side of the river until you reach the big bridge where the trams cross ( to the left ). I would not stroll via the little bridge and go downriver with your daughter.

Marriott is ok for a downtown hotel if you want to burn miles ( Sheration, Eden (nice view) Savoy, Schweizerhof or Baur au Lac are better).

Suggest to call them and ask for the pick-up option.

Enjoy ZRH! Your daughter will love it, enjoy a bratwurst or veal Zurich style with Rösti at Bierhalle Kropf or at Zeughaus. A public transport day pass is also valid on the paddle wheel steamers on the lake!

Last edited by Fendant; Mar 12, 2009 at 2:00 am
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:08 am
Suspended

with 6 bags I would stay at an Airport Hotel like the Ren or Hilton. Most have free shuttles with a U-Haul thingy that is hooked up to it so the 6 bags wont be a prob at all.

Then Id take the shuttle back to the airport and get an all all day transport pass that includes the train to/from the airport and that boat trip on the lake as well (depends on time of yr youd be there) If youre at the Ren I believe theres a station not far from the Hotel that goes into the city as well.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
with 6 bags I would stay at an Airport Hotel like the Ren or Hilton. Most have free shuttles with a U-Haul thingy that is hooked up to it so the 6 bags wont be a prob at all.

Then Id take the shuttle back to the airport and get an all all day transport pass that includes the train to/from the airport and that boat trip on the lake as well (depends on time of yr youd be there) If youre at the Ren I believe theres a station not far from the Hotel that goes into the city as well.
I believe the zone 1 (or the Zurich proper) day pass does not include the train between airport and downtown, but it does cover all transportation within town incl the ferry on the lake.

I were the OP, I take this option instead of hauling all the bags to downtown hotel.

The train station to town is about 10 min walk from Ren, and is the end station included in the day pass. It is not a direct walk but I am sure the hotel staff would be able to give you clear direction, or even a printed sketch.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
I believe the zone 1 (or the Zurich proper) day pass does not include the train between airport and downtown, but it does cover all transportation within town incl the ferry on the lake.

I were the OP, I take this option instead of hauling all the bags to downtown hotel.

The train station to town is about 10 min walk from Ren, and is the end station included in the day pass. It is not a direct walk but I am sure the hotel staff would be able to give you clear direction, or even a printed sketch.
there was maybe still is something like a Zurich Pass which included transport to/from the airport, all transport in the city, the canal boat , the lake boat and was good for either 1 day or 24 hrs (difference is 1 day ends at 11:59pm while a 24 hr pass is just that activate it at say 1:15pm and its good till 1:14pm the next day)
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Parking near Zurich Marriott

The Zurich Marriott lists parking at 38CHF per day. I know I don't need a car, but given my itinerary and car rental prices, I save huge $$$ by dropping the car back in Mulhouse/Basel airport and flying from Basel to Nice instead of Zurich (as much as $1,000 combined for two).

So, I'm gonna pay parking for four nights in Zurich. Any better options than parking at the hotel?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by craz

Yep, I agree and that is what I do all the time on my ZRH stopovers.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: UAL Silver!, Starwood Gold, Marriott Plat, AA Exec Platinum
I just returned from a trip to Europe and do not agree with the OP's review of this Marriott property. My experience for the 4-night stay in the main hotel buildling (not the older North wing) was quite delightful, with what I would consider to be very soild service at the front desk, housekeeping, and facilities. The windows in the rooms (in the main tower) do not open. The room was quite small but with an excellent view of the main city and river, and was furnished well. Everything in the room was spotless and remained that way during my stay. Access to the lounge was excellent, and the food service was nearly non-stop, with a great breakfast and evening treats that took the place of dinner twice. The location was great, and frankly I would easily return to that property in the future. Zurich hotels are all expensive and hopefully with some discount codes, your stay at the Zurich Marriott will compare well with other major hotels in town.

TT
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm finishing up on the last night of a four night stay and I'm very, very happy with my treatment.

It was not easy to get the upgrade I wanted (to a larger room, not just deluxe (i.e. view room), but my inquiry on how much it would cost to upgrade to a junior suite produced a complimentary upgrade to a business deluxe, very nice large room.

Well furnished, great condition, the lounge is superb! Breakfast and evening snacks, 24 hour beverage (including beer). Internet is very expensive (35 CSH), wish I know about the lobby access earlier (I asked about wifi, should have asked more broadly).

Service (concierge, front desk, etc.) very good except one afternoon they didn't heed the do not disturb sign and disturbed my wife.

Location is awesome, two minutes from the 11/14 tram (go out the second floor, left to the corner, cross the street, see and climb the stairs or better yet, take the lift). Literally 9 minutes today to downtown door to door.

I will return (and I'm a SPG platinum, but in this town, I think Marriott rules).

PS My delight is somehow enhanced by the booking pre point increase. Otherwise four nights would hurt, and it's not a five night town.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTravel
Unfortunately, the Renaissance is not convenient to central Zurich. Tehre is a shuttle bus that ran, as I recall, every half hour (though not 24 hours) that will let you off near the train station. Next time we're in Zurich, we'll probably stay at the Marriott, rather than the Renaissance, for this reason.
I am not sure what you are talking about but there is a direct tram (pink color, number 10) from the airport to downtown which stops near the Renaissance (about 200 metres from the hotel). Isn't that convenient enough?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.