Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas - Texas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
[New] Westin Irving (TX) Convention Center Hotel (to open December 2018)

Provident Resources Group, a Baton Rouge-based nonprofit asset development and management firm, said construction has started on a $115 million convention hotel in metro Dallas that it will own.

The 350-room Westin Irving Convention Center Hotel in Irving, Texas, is set to open in December 2018, said Steve Hicks, chairman and chief executive officer of Provident. Marriott Hotels will operate the property and Preston Hollow Capital of Dallas provided the financing.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...8ee42f7fc.html
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Jan '19. Cat 4.

Hotel website:

"Be the first to experience the newest hotel in DFW. The Westin Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas puts you in the heart of dining and entertainment. Enjoy easy access to the Toyota Music Factory, championship golf and the newest restaurants in Las Colinas. Or get out and explore the Dallas-Fort Worth area by hopping the DART light rail just across the street. Feel your best with our state-of-the-art WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio and pampering in-room spa menu. Fire up your evening with a hand-crafted tequila cocktail at Mesa Mezcal. Achieve more productive meetings with over 47,000 square feet of meeting and event space and the flexibility to expand by another 130,000 square feet with direct access to the Irving Convention Center. Refuel your mind and body with refreshing sleep in the Heavenly® Bed and pamper yourself in the Heavenly® Bath with rainforest shower, featured in all 350 of our guest rooms."
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

About 5 miles south of the Westin DFW.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Staying here for one night. Very nice modern Westin, ideal for business trips in the Irving area. Close to DFW as well.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:22 pm

I made a reservation and tried to use a Suite Night Award and they don't accept them. I noticed a review on tripadvisor that stated they told a lifetime titanium they don't upgrade to suites.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent updates at this property? I am Titanium, do they provide decent upgrades ?

Any feedback on Breakfast?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:59 pm

I am Lifetime Titanium. I have stayed a few times. It is new, but other than that disappointing. I have never received an upgrade, hotel is typically busy with business travelers, but they told a colleague of mine they don’t upgrade Platinum and Titanium to suites, just higher floors or corner rooms. Breakfast is in the lounge.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; Southwest A-List; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Explorist
Recently completed 2 night mid-week award stay as a Platinum. High floor club room after declining the initially offered room with an adjoining room. No suites available for sale for our stay, so not anticipated. Overall comfortable but average Westin experience.

Plus: New and clean hotel; modern design; good location if you are attending a concert at the adjacent Toyota Music Factory or have business in Las Colinas. Mesa Mescal is a better than average hotel restaurant with a decent happy hour menu. Hotel shuttle will take you to local businesses.

Minus: No bellman on check-in so we retrieved the luggage cart and handled our own bags out of the car and up to the room (bellman was out on a shuttle run per front desk - I would expect better staffing from a busy full service Westin). Very plain lounge breakfast. Standard Westin bed but subpar linens.

My nitpick: hotel opened in 2019 yet no on property EV charging option of any kind per the valet - not even a plain wall outlet.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

There's a charging station less than a mile away, near the Omni.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Really solid new Westin!

I recently completed a Friday night stay here and would overall recommend the property.

I was upgraded the night before to an Executive Suite, which stuck. My Executive Suite was on the 12th of 14 floors and faced NE. The view consisted of the Irving Convention Center, but you could also the full skyline of Downtown Dallas past Las Colinas. There are no door divisions in these suites, but the suite remains spacious. There is a half-bath in the entry. The large couch in the living room was comfortable. There is a small dining table with two chairs and two TVs with the Internet TV OS. The bedroom side a leather lounger and a usable work desk. The bed is quite comfortable - though I was sad in the lack of the Heavenly duvet. The mattress was really sublime, though, and I slept well. The main bathroom is large with a soaking tub and a separate shower with good pressure. The toilet had an incredibly powerful flush. Window coverings are motorized.

Service was overall good - a tiny bit transactional but still good and proactive. They asked proactively about late checkout - no issue with 4 PM. I did receive a nice welcome basket - the standout was the delicious tin of dark chocolate blueberries.

The Club Lounge on the 14th floor closes during the weekend, so Elite breakfast is in the restaurant. They were only serving the buffet. Food quality seemed a bit cheap, but it was actually pretty tasty. The servers were nice - but note that this was more of a club-like setup where you serve your own coffee, etc. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, pancakes, yogurt, pastries were pretty much it.

Not to dox myself, but I did have a car on this trip. The parking garage is slightly over-engineered as you can only enter through license plate recognition. The registration at check-in did not work, but I asked a second time and subsequent exits did appear to work. They have validation QR codes they will give as an alternative solution, as well. The garage is shared with the convention center, but I still didn't have an issue with finding parking on the second floor.

The elevators were slightly slow, and it appears two were shut off on my first day but then turned on during my second day.

Overall, I would have no issue recommending this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.