Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 25, 2000, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE

Will be staying [BOSTON - COPLEY PLACE] here soon - can anyone comment re: Concierge rooms and Lounge.

Is the Lounge open on the weekends, food, service quality.

Thanks.

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 17, 2013 at 4:31 am Reason: inserted hotel name
Old Jul 26, 2000, 2:58 am

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Stayed there a few years ago and it was great. The lounge breakfast, etc was fantastic. I was very impressed with the baked goods and food in general in Boston. I think it is one of the best cities for dining. Must be the water and the seafood. I liked the pilgrimlike 'cuisine. Sort of 'natural' grains etc. Although, the city is not all that impressive. Especially from a traffic standpoint.
57skibird likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2000, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there a number of times, although not in a couple of years. Lately, I've been using the Marriott Long Wharf, which is in a better location for me. The Copley lounge was always closed on weekends, but Long Wharf has been open lately.

Bruce
Old Jul 26, 2000, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
I have to disagree with Roadrunner on this one. (Sorry, nothing personal ) I stayed at the Marriott Copley Plaza a couple of weeks ago and found breakfast at the concierge lounge to be just OK. Wonder if they've changed food service staff of late?

Specifically: croissant heated above steam left them soggy and tough; unpleasant burning smell of charring bagels permeated the lounge; lounge crowded, poorly laid out and difficult to navigate when somewhat full.

How's that for being picky?

Persoanlly, I'd forego breakfast at the lounge in favor of the buffet at the restaurant downstairs, which has been excellent when I've had it.

I wasn't there on the weekend, but the lounge in Cambridge, kind of a sister hotel is open on the weekends. When Cambridge lounge closed for July 5, they gave me a voucher for a full restaurant breakfast. I'd request the same if the Copley lounge is closed.

Overall, though, the Marriott Copley is one of my favorite in the chain - great service, rooms with a view, pretty good restaurant.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Marriott Longwharf Boston

We just spent last weeekend at this hotel, which has a great location, a wonderful conceriege level lounge, and beautifully updated rooms on the concierge level. However propsective guests should always request a room at the east end of the hotel. Rooms on the south west end of the hotel have the "Big Dig" construction equipment parked right outside their rooms and it could be very noisy during the week. Guest rooms, particularly on the bottom three floors of the north west end of the building are over an outdoor bar which is very popular and can be noisy.
Old Nov 9, 2001, 2:33 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Boston: Cambridge Marriott - Any comments?

I'll be staying there Sunday and Monday nights (on a Priceline stay actually). Any thoughts/comments?

Greg
Old Nov 10, 2001, 4:42 am

If I'm not mistaken, there's a Legal Seafood in the building. Enjoy it. I usually stay in Cambridge when I visit the Boston area. It's great.

-David
Old Nov 10, 2001, 6:41 am

The Cambridge Marriott is a few steps from the MIT campus, but unfortunately it's not near much else. In the unlikely event that the weather is nice, it's an especially nice walk to Boston along and across the Charles River. The hotel is right at the Kendall subway (MBTA) stop, so you can get to places you might want to go (downtown or uptown Boston, Harvard Sq, etc.) if you don't want to drive.

A suiperb restaurant in the area is the Blue Room, about a 10-minute walk from the Marriott in the Kendall Sq complex. (Yes, the Marriott is in Kendall Sq. But there are 2 places that call themselves Kendall Sq in Cambridge, and they're 1/4-mile apart on Broadway.) The menu is contemporary American/fusion, and the atmosphere is comfortable. In addition to dinner, the Blue Room offers one of the very best Sunday brunches you'll find anywhere -- seatings are at 11 and 1, I believe, and you'd need reservations for brunch.

Old Nov 11, 2001, 3:39 pm

I actually stay there quite a bit. The location is convenient (across from the T) and ditto on Blue Room. You can also hop on the T and go 2 stops to Harvard Sq. There's John Harvards for a brew- or two and Harvest, another good restaurant.

The Marriott's breakfast is not bad, and usually has a good spread.

Hope you got a room high up for a great view of the Charles river.

Old Nov 11, 2001, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, US, SPG, MR, HH
1. Have to agree, the Blue Room is excellent.

2. I ate at legal seafoods last week. Bad food (dry / overcooked / flavorless), bad service (slow, forgot to bring drinks, didn't bring salad dressing until it was time to clear salad), too noisy.

3. Hotel is in an excellent location for jogging along the charles river.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 5:38 pm

Stayed there for about a week at the end of August. Great location for my business mtgs which was located in 1 Main Street at the mouth of the Longfellow Bridge.

Took full advantage of the close proximity to the Charles by walking the circuit of sorts along both the Boston and Cambridge sides and crossing using the Longfellow and one of two westward bridges. The second bridge was beyond the Hyatt Cambridge. Beautiful setting.

My room was on about the 16th floor, I think, and had a great view facing Boston. It was best as night fell on the city. Fairly nice property with the new, comfortable Marriott Bed in the guestrooms.

Used the T a couple times to get to Harvard Square. Cool Independent Film theater in Kendall Square. About a five minute walk west on Main.

Enjoy!

AtlMan
Old Mar 8, 2002, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Boston Marriott Long Wharf

Any luck as plats getting a Suite upgrade here?

What other types of U/g's have you rec'd?

Is the conceirge lounge open on Sat nights, Sundays?

Any good hints on what rooms to ask for?

thanks in advance

Old Mar 10, 2002, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
There are very few suites at this property. We stayed there last August and the club was open every day and is very nice. Be aware that the hotel is right alongside the "big dig". Be SURE you ask for a room at the east end of the hotel. The rooms tend to be on the small side. Concierge level rooms are very nicely decorated but still rather small.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 6:33 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Recently I have stopped staying at the downtown Boston properties and started staying at the new Quincy Marriott. The skyline of Boston is visible from the upper floors yet you are away from the Big Dig and the bad traffic. More convenient to Plymouth, Cape Cod, etc. I have always been uggraded to the C-level and the lounge is huge.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 9:58 am

Stayed there a week or two after 9/11 mid-week, lounge was open. I got room 702, was it? It was a HUGE room, king bed, lots of space, as far as I was concerned it was a suite, it has a pull out bed couch, but not a compelte seperate living room, but the table and chairs were about 20ft from the bed. If on the Concierge floor, this is the rooms to get, I hope it was 702, (off of elevator turn right and last room on your right I belive, towards the lounge.) They did have special closing and opening times for the lounge, they seemed to be shortened, but they gave it to me on a sheet. I really enjoyed this hotel. FYI I only stayed there as a regular member, and reserved Concirege Floor room. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.