Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by MarTN
DH has suddenly decided to attend an April meeting at the Miami Beach Convention Center. I want to use Reward points, of course.

Since we can't count on a shuttle, what is within walking distance?
Try calling the Courtyard-South Beach and asking them. I THINK it's close enough to walk. I'd ask for sure tho.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MarTN
DH has suddenly decided to attend an April meeting at the Miami Beach Convention Center. I want to use Reward points, of course.

Since we can't count on a shuttle, what is within walking distance?
The MBCC is on the northern edge of Miami Beach's business district. There are plenty of hotels that are walkable. The Courtyard Marriot is about a 7-10 minute, leisurely walk. Only about 5 blocks.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Smile

I lived in South Beach a few years back -- the blocks up by the convention center are long, but I agree with MAH4546 and Florida Flyer that it could be walked.

You also need to consider rain if you are walking. April is not like summer where it rains every afternoon or September/October where it rains all the time, but in April it starts raining a little more than Jan-Mar which are almost perfect.

I know the CY will take less points than the Marriott South Beach, but it is hard to recommend going to SOBE and not staying directly on the beach . Though you definitely have to cab it from there.

Last edited by dbuckho; Jan 30, 2005 at 8:31 pm
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
miami beach Courtyard vs. Fairfield oceanfronts

I know I've read stuff about these proprieties in the past, but search no more....

Anyway, is there any recent feedback about these two? I currently have a reservation at both and am trying to decide. I'm not looking for much, a clean room and a good beach is most important to me. I read somewhere that the Courtyard charges you for chairs on the beach, can anyone verify this? I remember reading that the courtyard is much better, but I'm not planning on spending too much time at the hotel, so as long as the Fairfield isn't a complete dump and has a nice beach, it is so much cheaper that I would consider staying there. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
bumping this up one time since the search isn't working and I can't find anything on the Google setup

can someone at least tell me if the Fairfield is a complete hole or not?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 2M HH Diamond
The Courtyard is newly renovated vs the Fairfield is a bount 3-4 years old, but not bad either.
Old May 9, 2005, 8:04 am

Which Miami Marriott for cruise ship access?

I am taking a cruise out of Miami in August and am curious to know which Miami Marriott locations would have the best proximity to the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks.
Old May 9, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum,ICPlatinum,MRPlatinum
Go Renaissance

There is a Courtyard across the street but the Renaissance 2 miles up the road is much better, albeit pricier.

Originally Posted by flyerwife
I am taking a cruise out of Miami in August and am curious to know which Miami Marriott locations would have the best proximity to the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks.
Old May 10, 2005, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Timo
There is a Courtyard across the street but the Renaissance 2 miles up the road is much better, albeit pricier.
I believe Timo is referring to the Marriott Biscayne Bay as, to the best of my knowledge, there is no Renaissance 2 near the area where the cruise ships leave.

The above-mentioned Marriott faces the wharfs from which the cruise ships depart. Ask for a room facing the Intercoastal and you will can see your ship arrive early the morning of your departure.

Bon Voyage!
Old May 10, 2005, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by uncle wiggily
I believe Timo is referring to the Marriott Biscayne Bay as, to the best of my knowledge, there is no Renaissance 2 near the area where the cruise ships leave.

The above-mentioned Marriott faces the wharfs from which the cruise ships depart. Ask for a room facing the Intercoastal and you will can see your ship arrive early the morning of your departure.

Bon Voyage!
EXACTLY the location I was looking for!
Thanks Timo and uncle wiggily!

Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:49 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Miami South Beach vs. New Hollywood Beach Marriotts

Looking for any info. I can get (positive or negative) re: South Beach and new Hollywood Beach Marriotts.

My undrestanding is that South Beach is very nice, and does have a Concierge Lounge. I also understand it is directly on Beach.

Can anyone comment on Hollywood Beach - this one is very tempting as it just opened...

Many thanks - am leaving tomorrow for one of these, just can't seem to decide.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Looking for any info. I can get (positive or negative) re: South Beach and new Hollywood Beach Marriotts.

My undrestanding is that South Beach is very nice, and does have a Concierge Lounge. I also understand it is directly on Beach.

Can anyone comment on Hollywood Beach - this one is very tempting as it just opened...

Many thanks - am leaving tomorrow for one of these, just can't seem to decide.

Hollywood is far from the action of South Beach but near Ft. Lauderdale.

FWIW, the Hollywood property was, I think, a former Howard Johnson hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: UAL, Marriott
I've stayed at the Marriott South Beach- nice property. It is down at the end of the strip which is FAR less cheesy/mobbed than the central area and, I understand, being greatly developed with new restaurants, etc. opening. They have a restaurant with a great buffet breakfast (overpriced I think but aren't they all?) and outdoor seating area, small pool, a few hammocks and the hotel is right on the beach. Concierge lounge is smallish but nice. Great place to have drinks before dinner. I wasn't particularly impressed by the room or decor but it was certainly clean and fine. Not like you spend a lot of time in the room at south beach! Our room had a balcony, I think all do, so try to get one facing the ocean.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:19 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Miami Marriotts -- Good code?

Need a room Nov 12-15.

South Beach Marriott is booked those dates.
Biscayne Bay 3 mi away racks at $189/nt.
Tried quite a few codes, only one accepted was ACC for $170/nt.

Any suggestions for a property and associated code?
I also have one Bonus Bux cert for 100 GBP.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Bidkat
Need a room Nov 12-15.South Beach Marriott is booked those dates.Biscayne Bay 3 mi away racks at $189/nt.Tried quite a few codes, only one accepted was ACC for $170/nt. Any suggestions for a property and associated code? I also have one Bonus Bux cert for 100 GBP.
Check the Renassaince Eden Rock. Great hotel. Last month I stayed there for $125 per night, breakfast included and supposedly triple points (still battling with Marriott to get them). It was an awesome promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.