Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. £80 charge for third adult and £40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2001, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the "heads up". We will let you know when we return. Sounds like we couldn't have selected a better place.
Old May 22, 2001, 5:35 am

Beverley -

A great hotel in a great location. Try high tea in the Library some afternoon, a unique experience.
Old May 24, 2001, 9:26 pm

High tea in the Library ... Will do. Thanks for the tip.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 7:34 pm

Transportation from Gatwick to Marriott County Hall

This is our first visit to London and we have an award stay at the Marriott County Hall. What is the easiest and most direct means of transportation from Gatwick to the hotel? Also we will be arriving in London in the morning--does the hotel have a hospitality room for early arrivals? I am only Marriott Silver.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Don't even think of any transportation during the morning rushhour except the Gatwick Express train and a cab from the station. A car or limo will take at least 2 hours to get you in at that time on a weekday.
I don't recall if they had a hospitality room but the guys out front are oldtimers and very reliable with your luggage and I do seem to recall that the concierge lounge was always accessible during the day. Since the tourism business is so soft in the UK, there is a good chance that they will even have a room for you early in the morning.
I think that you have a good chance to get access to the club as a silver if you ask nicely and if necessary give them a good song and dance at the desk when you check-in (eg. honeymoon, trip-of-a-lifetime, etc.)
Old Jul 19, 2001, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
If you have too much luggage for the train, ask the hotel to arrange for a cab to be there for you. They will set it up at a fixed price
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:23 pm

If you are flying Envoy on US they will arrange for a car to take you there. No charge.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:35 pm

We are flying Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic.

How much luggage is to much for the train?
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:48 pm
Original Member

We just did the Gatwick to County Hall trip in June. It wasn't too bad. We had a lot of people and a fair amount of luggage. In Gatwick, there are carts at baggage claim and escalators down to the platform for the Gatwick Express. The ends of the cars have some limited rack space for bags and some more behind the seats etc. At Victoria station there were escalators again upstairs to the taxi stand. The taxi from Victoria station to the Marriott was about 6 or 7 pounds (I think 40 pence surcharge per bag).

Be sure to change your reservation to request early arrival/checkin. We arrived late in the day in London but every place else took us early (e.g. Paris Marriotts, Dublin Hilton, etc). Also, if you are an elite member ask for an upgraded room (i.e. river view), we lucked out and got one on the executive lounge (concierge) floor. It's a nice concierge too (open late and weekends, great staff).

Have a great time! It's a great hotel.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
London County Hall Executive Lounge

Unfortunately, reduced business travel apparently has prompted County Hall to virtually eliminate its amenities. The lounge is no longer staffed, although it is open throughout the day for coffee, sodas, and water. A full breakfast buffet, however, is complimentary (at least for PMs) in the restaurant. I was told during my visit last week that services would be reinstated when business travel returns to normal. I did note that the lounge opened for continental breakfast this past weekend for the first time in many weeks.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 9:26 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
That's too bad but it does make a decision easier for me. My wife and I will be there from Dec 8-13 and I was considering upgrading to a room that would provide lounge access. I guess that would be a waste now.

Any other noticable changes?
Old Nov 30, 2001, 10:59 am

Location: SLC, UT/ Delta - PM; Marriott - PM; Hilton - Gold; Hyatt - Diamond, Hertz - President's Circle
The Chancery Court has not reduced its lounge service - except on weekends. Last week I received a full breakfast every morning, great snacks at night and a wonderful staff!

I would recommend staying here instead of County Hall if those amenities are important to you.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 7:49 pm

Programs: Plat Marriott, GM Delta, 1K United
I second the opinion around Chancery Court. We had a great time -- good food in the lounge, good service, quiet, great location. Highly recommended.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 10:09 pm

Location: Richmond, VA ; US Chairman, DL GM; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
stayed at Chancery Court this week. Lounge was open and fully stocked. The service here was great and I would highly recommend it.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 2:39 pm

Any comments on the London Marriot Marble Arches? I will be staying at the Chancery Court on the way to Paris, but will stay at the Marble Arches on the way back (closer to Paddington) so would like to hear any thoughts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.