Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free night cert usage beyond expiration date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

I've a free night cert that expires at the end of August.

Can I use it in September if I make the reservation today, indicating I'll be paying with points?
Old May 22, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Yes, call elite line and they will grant you a 6 month extension as a "one time courtesy".
Old May 22, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Perfect, thank you.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
So the complete answer is you can call and ask to extend the cert. The stay still has to occur before the ultimate expiration date and not just booked before then.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:27 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The stay still has to occur before the ultimate expiration date and not just booked before then.
This is the full answer.

So make sure you call and extend the cert. Note that Marriott's reservation system will allow you to link a cert to a reservation that will occur after the cert has expired. But when that cert does expire, it will drop from being linked in that reservation which will then have no valid certs linked to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.