Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
The hotel is a few miles away from town center and taxi is your best bet. I'm pretty sure there is a light rail (for lack of correct term) station not far from the hotel, but I didn't use it on my last trip (last year) so I don't know the schedule. The taxi ride to Center Station (for a quick train trip to the airport) was less than 10 minutes, and reasonable in price - however I do remember the trip back from the hotel was about 50% more (in cost) than the trip to the hotel, and because of no traffic it was quicker and should not have been more expensive.

Hope that helps.

Bruce
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
The Renaissance is in close proximity to the European Parliament building. There is a train station just opposite from the Ren - no idea which trains stop there

Thomas
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:25 am

Good choice on the hotel! I stayed there in 2003 and it is one of my favourite hotels in Europe. Yeh, location could have been a bit better (20 min walk to the city center) but the hotel staff is very nice and courteous (gave us a room upon our 7:00 am arrival on the overnight plane from US), breakfast buffet is one of the best I've even been to, and it is located on a quiet street. Not to mention dark mahogany wood panels and dark cherry carpeting everywhere - all that for 99 euros! I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

As to how to get there, there is a Trone metro/subway station not far from the hotel (Marriott's website puts it at 0.5km/0.3miles away) but as far as I can remember, we had to lug our bags walking for about 15-20 minutes. So, I think it might be a bit further than 0.5km. I think we took some mode of transportation to the metro from the airport to Trone station.

However, there is a direct bus from close to the hotel all the way to the airport. There is a little square not far from the hotel - 5-7 minute walk tops (Gare du Luxembourg) where the bus picks/drops you off. The bus number is 12 and it operates twice an hour by the Belgion bus company STIB. It takes about 45 minutes with no trafffic to get to the airport and costs 3 euros per person. Here is the link to the location of the stop (sorry I don't know how to post shortcuts). Check out stib site to get a schedule.

http://www.stib.irisnet.be/cgi-bin/cgi_carto.exe?State=oC&l=1&ty=in&XMi=149693152&YMi =169451162&XMa=150796108&YMa=170239255&stSeg=<*012 B)2$>&qp=80&iu=-1&ti=1050303012662.000000&cntUrl=15&nameRIti=%20&l ineTxt=Bus%20012%20Direction%3A%20BRUSSELS%20CITY& haltTxt=%20

The train station is also called Gare due Luxembourg and should be close by but I've never taken it and can't say anything about it. Hope it helps.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:30 am

Thank you very much for the assistence. We actually PL the hotel for $60+/ night which seems like quite the deal. I will post a mini-report upon return. Thanks again, ^
Old Mar 21, 2005, 3:00 pm

Just to help those in the future when the search is back on. The 12 bus from the airport is about a 5 min. walk from the hotel, and cost 3 Euros. It runs about every 20 minutes, EXCEPT on Sunday when it doesn't run at all. I learned this arriving on Sunday. The Luxembourg train station is about a 2 min. walk to the hotel, but I do not think there is direct train service to the airport, but there is to Central Station.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:42 pm

Welcome back! Did you like the hotel? Was it still anything similar to what I've described in my previous post?

Originally Posted by tinnub
The 12 bus from the airport is about a 5 min. walk from the hotel, and cost 3 Euros. It runs about every 20 minutes, EXCEPT on Sunday when it doesn't run at all. I learned this arriving on Sunday.
This is interesting because STIB bus company's website has the latest February-June schedule. It says that the 12 bus DOES RUN once an hour on Sundays from 5:40 AM until 11:10 PM (see the schedule in Acrobat on the site below). http://www.stib.irisnet.be/FR/40000Fre/B/40012F.htm
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:29 am

fungirl- Yes the hotel was nice, a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. The staff was hit or miss, the bell staff was friendly and very accomodating, but the front desk was standoffish, Didn't have breakfasst at the hotel, but the location made it very easy to get around. Buses to anywhere 2 min, walk and subway 5 min. walk. The 12 bus runs on Sunday, but does not go to Luxembourg. It only goes to the first stop. That is why the bus sched, shows it operates.
Thank you very much for the help and information. ^
Old Sep 2, 2005, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any special treatment for Marriott Silvers? If getting the hotel on PL, is there any inferior treatment as sometimes reported? Any updates on rooms, views, pool, gym, etc.?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I also got this hotel for a couple rooms for a Dec stay on PL for $60/night so PL so I guess this is the standard PL going rate.

I am also wondering if it is worth the effort gaining Marriot status for this - It would be easy enough for me to do if it would be of any benefit. Status does not give free breakfast, does it? And no points earning because of PL I assume?

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Sep 5, 2005 at 9:02 pm
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:16 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got a PL room there near the end of October for US$49 + taxes and fee (~71 total).
Old Nov 13, 2005, 5:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Brussels Marr vs. Ren

I have reviewed the prior posts but looking for recent information about either the Renaissance or the Marriott in Brussels...headed there for a lesiure weekend in December. I am leaning towards the Marriott because of location but quality is very important to me as well.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
I stayed at Brussels Ren a couple of years ago. The most annoying thing about htis hotel is it's not on the main drag so it's very difficult to find.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:08 am

Depends if location is imporant to you. Both can be reached via the Metro though a little further walk for the Ren. If a gym is important to you then Ren wins hands down as they are affiliated with a gym behind the hotel.

If location is important to you then Marriott wins easily as its right across from Bourse and about a five minute walk to the Grand Place. De Brouckere is the nearest main metro stop and its also walkable from Central station (10-12 minutes) if your flying in and want to avoid a 35 euro cab fare its a good option to take the express train.

Ren would require the train then the metro and a change to the other main line. There is a train station near the Ren but I don't know how to get there from either Nord or Central station (but believe it can be done). There are busses one minute from the Ren but unless your familiar then it might be confusing.

I personally liked the Ren. because of the gym.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:34 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
The Renaissance is ok but a lot of bus tours staying there (usually during the EU institutions holidays), so it can get become a little bit crowded at the breakfast buffet; location is much better for the Marriott indeed. The train station near the Ren is the Luxembourg station, only trains coming from Luxembourg and going there are heading there. I think there's not connection to Brussels-Midi or Brussels-Central from that train station.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I have stayed at both and while the Ren was fine, I would suggest the Marriott. Our room was very nice, great staff/service, excellent food (breakfast buffet, dinner). And the location cannot be beat.

Bruce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.