Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott (Plat)
We'll be checking in for a week-long stay tomorrow. Anybody have insight into the best breakfast option? Checking around, it sounds like the in-house buffet is great, but frankly a very expensive option for a family for an entire week (20 or 25 per person per day?). Based on my reading I'm leaning towards making the walk to the St. Bart's coffee shop about 3/4 mile north of the hotel, or trying to rent a minifridge from the hotel and just stocking up on juice, milk, bagels, cereal, etc. in advance.

Open to suggestions.

As a side note, we were originally due to stay at the Westin but were scared off that plan due to the less than stellar reports about ongoing construction/remodeling.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Offered 1,000 Points for Early Checkout

Had a one night stay for a business meeting. Hotel was fine, was upgraded to an 11th floor ocean front room (platinum premier).

At our group breakfast, I discovered the hotel was offering 1,000 points for a 10 am or earlier checkout (normal checkout is 11 am).

They were expecting a large group checking in and wanted earlier than normal checkouts to help balance things out for housekeeping.

I took advantage of the offer.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Had a one night stay for a business meeting. Hotel was fine, was upgraded to an 11th floor ocean front room (platinum premier).

At our group breakfast, I discovered the hotel was offering 1,000 points for a 10 am or earlier checkout (normal checkout is 11 am).

They were expecting a large group checking in and wanted earlier than normal checkouts to help balance things out for housekeeping.

I took advantage of the offer.
Interesting, proactive approach. I commend the hotel for coming up with a way to use a carrot rather than a stick to prevent a problem.

--Jon
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Any update RE: free breakfast or no for plats and above?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Been bouncing travel plans around the world and US (Italy out, then have considered NYC, Palm Springs, San Antonio, Florida Panhandle and more). It's seems like we may be landing on south Florida for spring break next week with the kids. Any updates on this hotel? Seems like what we want (hot weather, nice beach, decent pool, don't need anything too fancy really). Any reason to avoid? Any updates on Titanium (or Platinum) privileges (if any)? (Anyone have the hotel's email to inquire about upgrades?) Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:30 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by dcchi
Been bouncing travel plans around the world and US (Italy out, then have considered NYC, Palm Springs, San Antonio, Florida Panhandle and more). It's seems like we may be landing on south Florida for spring break next week with the kids. Any updates on this hotel? Seems like what we want (hot weather, nice beach, decent pool, don't need anything too fancy really). Any reason to avoid? Any updates on Titanium (or Platinum) privileges (if any)? (Anyone have the hotel's email to inquire about upgrades?) Thanks in advance.
Hi dcchi,

We can help with the email address! You can reach the hotel at [email protected]

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Always get upgraded here and if memory serves they offer you a breakfast voucher towards their great buffet as a titanium.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Covid Elite Breakfast

Checked in on the November 4th. I asked about elite breakfast. The front desk agent at check on said the hotel is not offering daily breakfast as a benefit, instead I was offered $75 credit and the agent then upped it to $100 credit. we’re here 7 nights not sure how many nights trigger the $75.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Worst Bonvoy Resort

Stayed 5 nights in Feb. Hardly any elite recognition even for Titanium. Upgrade: none. Breakfast: two continental per member regardless of number of rooms. (If you have 3 rooms, you get only two) $10 up charge for the buffet.

charge/ up charge for everything
— Resort fee 39 gives you chairs at the beach and two welcome drinks.
​​​​​​— Beach Umbrella 21.40 + tip.
— water: they were giving some guests water at checkin but didn’t give us. When asked for bottles the next day, they told me to buy bottles at the bar. Really disgusting.
— parking $39 / day

Stayed there twice before over 10 years ago. Don’t remember it being so bad. The hotel management is snobby: screaming stay away elites: We got enough business to fill the hotel.

really regret paying 320 / night. Money better spent elsewhere especially with no elite recognition. Don’t know how they justify 50-60k points per night for redemption.

The rooms are small compared to other resorts (330 Sqft). The food is average and the service overall mediocre to lousy.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:49 am

Have an upcoming stay here. I understand the "resort" limitations so not expecting upgrades etc..

Has anyone ever rented one of the Dunes Cabanas? We are thinking about that for one day and are curious if there's really any ocean view or real benefit.

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:36 am

Wanted to post a quick report on my stay.

Short version, would not recommend this hotel.

Long version. The only covid protocols they follow are those that save them money. So no room cleaning, but at full occupancy, bar was like a mosh pit, pool PACKED etc... Front desk staff seriously needs training (apparently if they smile they would be fined?) and responding to simple questions is beneath them. (Seriously I asked how to get my car out of the garage before they gave me a room key, the response was "we don't know go ask the valet" Valet said, you press a button and the front desk opens the gate.... REALLY? LOL!)

Room was OK, but the shower is poorly designed so there's basically a puddle in it at all times.

Beach service was basically good. Did have to chase them down two days just to close out the tab however.

Elite recognition was non existent, but I did get free continental breakfast for both of us each day.

As for those dunes cabanas I asked about. Glad we didn't book. Absolutely no view and no breeze. Really looked unappealing!

I kind of expected this based on above information, but my friend wanted to stay there. Personally I don't think I will be back.
svo242 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold

Here is the breakfast menu. I ordered the continental to go.

Other than the beach wristbands with "Thanks for being elite", no elite recognition.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:50 am

Just wrapped a 4 nights stay on a very low $89 lnf rate.
Sadly the hotel is as strict as it goes towards its elites. The menu above is still the same and they will not provide anything extra over what you are allowed to have.
Another coffee $8, another bagel $8. Parking is obviously a disaster and extremely expensive but plenty of free street parking 2 blocks away so save yourself the hassle it will take the same. Colleagues parked in the self parking garage and it literally takes the same amount of time of walking vs using 2 elevators and then waiting in line to fetch your car.

They are severely understaffed and wait is the norm here. 30 mins to get a table at breakfast, 20 mins to have someone take your order, another 30 mins to have it delivered to your table. I only ate breakfast the first day and skipped the last 3 days, it was just not worth it. Same is true about housekeeping, they will only just make up your bed with the same linens, not even change them, no vacuum, no other cleaning of any type. In and out in 5 minutes.

Food quality is about on the same level as Fairfield - undrinkable coffee and oj, and just about everything else. Dennys or IHOP definitely have better quality. We ate at Tinta not too far from the resort and had amazing breakfast, highly recommended.
We had dinner one night at the 3030 restaurant, what a mistake. They charge Maldives prices($45+ mains), but super tiny portions and quality is on the same level as Cracker Barrel. Otherwise the other nights we dined at Mister 01 Pizza(best pizza in Miami area), Joel Rubuchon(fine dining), and Ariete(another fine dining spot).

Pool area is nice and so is beach but again service lacks. To get a drink at the pool better prepare to wait. The best chairs near the pool area are all $$$$, the free chairs are in the crappy part of the pool. Chairs at the beach are part of the daily resort fee but not the umbrellas which are $25 pp.

I would come back if I am able to get the same rate, otherwise I would not pay more than $120 max for this hotel. FYI $120 daily rate would be close to $220 with fees, more if you park on site.
svo242 and valree like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by libuser
Just wrapped a 4 nights stay on a very low $89 lnf rate.
Sadly the hotel is as strict as it goes towards its elites. The menu above is still the same and they will not provide anything extra over what you are allowed to have.
Another coffee $8, another bagel $8. Parking is obviously a disaster and extremely expensive but plenty of free street parking 2 blocks away so save yourself the hassle it will take the same. Colleagues parked in the self parking garage and it literally takes the same amount of time of walking vs using 2 elevators and then waiting in line to fetch your car.

They are severely understaffed and wait is the norm here. 30 mins to get a table at breakfast, 20 mins to have someone take your order, another 30 mins to have it delivered to your table. I only ate breakfast the first day and skipped the last 3 days, it was just not worth it. Same is true about housekeeping, they will only just make up your bed with the same linens, not even change them, no vacuum, no other cleaning of any type. In and out in 5 minutes.

Food quality is about on the same level as Fairfield - undrinkable coffee and oj, and just about everything else. Dennys or IHOP definitely have better quality. We ate at Tinta not too far from the resort and had amazing breakfast, highly recommended.
We had dinner one night at the 3030 restaurant, what a mistake. They charge Maldives prices($45+ mains), but super tiny portions and quality is on the same level as Cracker Barrel. Otherwise the other nights we dined at Mister 01 Pizza(best pizza in Miami area), Joel Rubuchon(fine dining), and Ariete(another fine dining spot).

Pool area is nice and so is beach but again service lacks. To get a drink at the pool better prepare to wait. The best chairs near the pool area are all $$$$, the free chairs are in the crappy part of the pool. Chairs at the beach are part of the daily resort fee but not the umbrellas which are $25 pp.

I would come back if I am able to get the same rate, otherwise I would not pay more than $120 max for this hotel. FYI $120 daily rate would be close to $220 with fees, more if you park on site.
Having read your review I will likely not return there soon. That said, what is the name of the street where you were able to find free parking ? My truck given its height just makes it into the very low ceiling garage and the whole self parking experience is not fun!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
This Titanium stayed at this hotel for a conference 11/12 thru 11/19. SNAs (which were to expire 12/31/22) cleared into an oceanfront King for the 7-day stay (I think my group took all of the remaining suites for the organization's leadership). I was given three small bottles of chilled water at check-in.

Upgraded to the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning for the $10 upcharge. Note: menu pricing has changed from the picture posted on 9/19/21 (from $29 to $32 for adults for the full breakfast buffet). $10 upcharge for elites remains the same (so an increase in value to elites, right?) Breakfast service was outstanding (multiple refills of my diet Pepsi at breakfast --- server was great and the long-time employee (31 years with Marriott,16 years at this hotel) who made my omelet was a delight to chat with).

Housekeeping is daily. I received a half-case of water bottles from housekeeping the first day (presumably as a thank you for my housekeeping gratuity) and a second half-case of water bottles the next day (also presumably as a thank you for my housekeeping gratuity). I had "too much water" for my stay.

Maintenance efficiently repaired the inability to get electricity at either bedside outlet the morning after I arrived (neither electrical outlet/USB port combo was working on arrival).

Hotel employees were routinely friendly.

Banquet employees were just outstanding. Group meal food quality was outstanding. I cannot recommend this hotel enough for meetings and conferences. They were great to deal with during the pandemic (unlike other hotels) --- and our organization is coming back again next year in November 2023.

The hotel is a short rideshare away from the FLL airport. And again a short rideshare from restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. Consider ditching the rental car and just using rideshares to save money and hassle on parking.

I'm looking forward to returning in November 2023 for the next conference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.