Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by jk2
I need to stay one night on my own in Boston. I have a certificate for one free night from Marriott for category 1-5. I see two category 5 hotels in Boston - one is Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf and another is Courtyard Boston Downtown/Tremont. Which one is better? I am not familiar with Boston area, but it seems that Residence Inn is outside of downtown.

Thank you.
Stayed in both multiple times. Depends where you want to be and what you want to do, to be honest. The RI is in better condition and has nicer surroundings, and is at the edge of historic Charlestown and a 5-minute short walk across a bridge to the Italian district of North End. 5 minutes stroll beyond that and you're at Long Wharf/Fanueil Hall. The CY on the other hand is in the theatre district and next to Chinatown - also handy - and steps away from the common.

If I had to choose...? I'd stay at the RI in the summer and the CY in the winter - solely due to the fact that the cold wind blowing past that bridge would take your breath away!

Last edited by User Name; Sep 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by User Name
Stayed in both multiple times. Depends where you want to be and what you want to do, to be honest. The RI is in better condition and has nicer surroundings, and is at the edge of historic Charlestown and a 5-minute short walk across a bridge to the Italian district of Noth End. 5 minutes stroll beyond that and you're at Long Wharf/Fanueil Hall. The CY on the other hand is in the theatre district and next to Chinatown - also handy - and steps away from the common.

If I had to choose...? I'd stay at the RI in the summer and the CY in the winter - solely due to the fact that the cold wind blowing past that bridge would take your breath away!
I agree - both nice properties and both convenient. Depending on what you want to do, will depend on where you stay. The CY is also steps from the T which will take you all over the city. Plus, it probably is easier to get a taxi at the CY than the RI.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 6:11 pm

I haven't stayed in either because I live in Boston, but I like the CY location better. Easy walk to the T and you can get anywhere from there. If it's a nice day, a longer walk will get you anywhere as well. There are some nice places in Charlestown, but I think you have more options staying downtown.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:58 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thanks again for the advice on this thread; if you are arriving on Amtrak, it doesn't get much easier than staying at Copley Place. As others have advised, exit the station and either take the underground walkway or walk across the street to the mall and then a quick walk through the mall into the second floor of the hotel. It was nice that the mall was open to walk through, even late (11 p.m.) at night.

We did walk from the hotel into Chinatown and Boston Common; it's about a mile and took us about 20 minutes. Otherwise, taking the Orange Line from Back Bay is really easy.

The standard rooms are a little small but still very comfortable. The lounge remains closed during the weekend; we were given $10 certs for the Starbucks on the second floor. That would be more than enough for a drink, some fruit, and a breakfast sandwich.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Walked From Boston Custom House

I was told there was a maintenance problem when I tried to check in so I had a choice of the Copley Marriott or the Long Wharf Marriott, took the L/W, much closer and good location. It was for one night only. The Custom House paid for our one night @ the L/W and gave us 10K points. After the one night we returned to the C/H for three nights. At first we were told we would get $200 and two free night certs but a supervisor later called and told us that since the C/H is a MVCI property we would only get the free night and 10K points. We were satisfied with that. On the plus side, the one night @ the L/W even though free, counted as a stay for the fall Megabonus. We charged two drinks in the lounge and paid for it with our Visa, $20.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by jtp1947
I was told there was a maintenance problem when I tried to check in so I had a choice of the Copley Marriott or the Long Wharf Marriott, took the L/W, much closer and good location. It was for one night only. The Custom House paid for our one night @ the L/W and gave us 10K points. After the one night we returned to the C/H for three nights. At first we were told we would get $200 and two free night certs but a supervisor later called and told us that since the C/H is a MVCI property we would only get the free night and 10K points. We were satisfied with that. On the plus side, the one night @ the L/W even though free, counted as a stay for the fall Megabonus. We charged two drinks in the lounge and paid for it with our Visa, $20.
I do like the location of the L/W (is the lobby still under construction?).

Sounds like you did okay!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
The lobby is finished. I hope they update the Lounge furniture soon.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:38 am

Boston LW CL No Longer OPEN on Wknds

Just got an email for an upcoming stay (December 2011) and it states as of Nov. 1, 2011 the Concierge Lounge will be CLOSED on the Weekends

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Just a heads up...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Thanks for the heads up. Just canceled a two night weekend stay in Dec.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ITALady
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later!!!
Why?
Might want to ask them whether it's just temporary, and what they propose to substitute for the lounge, like breakfast in the restaurant, etc..
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Oh Dear, this was the reason I chose this hotel for my recent weekend visits against the Ren or Copley. I even put up with the inconvenience of renovations and a higher rate for the use of this excellent lounge.

When will Marriott learn that lounge access is something we really value, and does actually attract business.

Oh what I would give for a consistent lounge policy! (on weekends)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Member

I'm checking a room for 11/5 and theyr'e still advertising the Concierge floor at $699.00, which is $150.00 to $170.00 more expensive than standard rooms. It's also listed as being open 7 days a week. $700.00 for one night and no access.
The club level at the Ritz is $520.00 and they are open weekends.
The LW has always been my favorite place to stay on weekend trips to Boston BECAUSE of lounge access. Bad move IMHO on their part.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by general45
I'm checking a room for 11/5 and theyr'e still advertising the Concierge floor at $699.00, which is $150.00 to $170.00 more expensive than standard rooms. It's also listed as being open 7 days a week. $700.00 for one night and no access.
The club level at the Ritz is $520.00 and they are open weekends.
The LW has always been my favorite place to stay on weekend trips to Boston BECAUSE of lounge access. Bad move IMHO on their part.
A rate of $699 for this largely mediocre property with a good location is beyond the pale. Small rooms, tiny bathrooms, mediocre furnishings, an aging HVAC plant that is reflected in various noises as the system runs and turns itself on and off, an inferior interior atrium design which encourages the movement of loud noises from lobby to rooms, an ordinary restaurant, and service ranging from the warm and professional to the extreme opposite. About half that rate would still be too expensive for this property.

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 26, 2011 at 10:23 am
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Boston Hotels

What are your favorites?

I am staying at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel for 3 nights for a conference, and then my wife is flying in and we have 4 nights to do as we wish after. Should we continue our stay there, or choose somewhere else?

CY Downtown/Tremont is similar priced ($200), Marriott Long Wharf is $349, and I'm not really sure I want to spend that much. Time frame would be late June and early July for the trip. We are good with walking/public transportation, and we will not have a vehicle during this trip.

Any other favorite hotels? We would like to be close to the Bay to go on some cruises, and just general sight seeing.

Just upgraded to Platinum for status.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
I wouldn't change from Renaissance Waterfront to CY Tremont. That area can get a little dicey at night and I find the Marriott Waterfront to be overrated for the price. If you are on the waterfront for late June/early July, it is a great time to be on the waterfront. There are harbor cruises, fireworks and I think the tall ships are coming in at some point. There are a variety of restaurants with outdoor dining and Legal Seafoods (not everyone's favorite on this Forum) has a roof deck. You can also walk up Northern Avenue to the Boston Harbor Hotel for al fresco dining and music and on to Faneuil Hall and the North End. There are festivals on weekend nights in the North End and great dining. You should also check out the Back Bay, but I you don't necessarily have to stay there. Other ideas are Fenway, Duck Tour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.