Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2002, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Just booked two nights at the Quincy @ 123.00 per night. I'm Gold w/ Marriott so I don't expect much in the line of kick ups.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 2:59 pm

I am from Boston and an owner at the Custom House Vacation Club. I suggest you stay at the Marriott Custom House or the Wharf. They are very close to each other and in a prime location. Once you fight the big dig, you won't have to use your car until you leave. If you arrive by air, I would just take a cab and not worry about a car. They are both in the center of everything (Quincy Market, harbor, Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill, North End, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, etc.)and in the center of public transportation.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 7:18 pm

I second the suggestion of the Custom House location. They will even let you use the pool at the Long Wharf Marriott if you care to. The rooms are lovely, and the service and location (only about two blocks away) is much better than Long Wharf.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 9:16 pm

If you don't need the full services of a hotel (room service) Custom House is a good choice as it's a little closer to the bars and restaurants than Long Wharf. I don't know how Long Wharf Marriott got a Category 7 (top) status with Marriott as I found it quite ordinary. BTW if you eat at the Long Wharf and stay at Custom House you can have the charges sent to CH and get points.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
I also agree with choice of the Long Wharf property. Boston's a good walking town, and at the LW, you're close to the North End (outstanding Italian eats), the Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall, etc, etc, etc.

It is definitely pricier, but well-located, and you don't really need a car if you're staying there. Cab it in from Logan and have a great time. And try tha lobstah.

Old Sep 3, 2002, 11:21 am

Location: BOS - MR Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, NWA Plat, USA Silver
Dont' bother with the cab. Take the shuttle bus and subway (T) to the Aquarium stop for a $1 which right next to the LW. It's a good chance that is even quicker than a cab though the tunnel.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
Try calling reservations first for the LW; sometimes they know of special rates that are happening the weekend you are going - that worked for me a few times. Also ask about the breakfast for two rate - it's usually $10 more a night, you can't beat the buffet for that price!

Don't worry about the Dig, like ymcarthur2 said, once your there you can walk, taxi, or T anywhere you need to go.

If the LW is still to pricey - the Marriott Cambridge is very nice and access to the T is about 100 yards away.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Changing gears a bit, but what is the best way to buy tickets to Blue Man or The Producers?
Old Sep 9, 2002, 7:47 am

Assuming you are still referring to Boston, www.ticketmaster.com for best available seats without a scalper's mark-up.

Buy well ahead of time for Blue Man Group. Tickets for The Producers (June 17-July 13, 2003 at the Colonial) are not on sale yet except to season subscribers. They will likely go on sale, also at Ticketmaster, sometime in November or December.

Old Sep 9, 2002, 9:23 am

Ok...dropped my Quincy reservations and went w/ the one on the wharf. Anyone know of affordable parking overnight in the area?
Old Sep 9, 2002, 6:12 pm

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Quincy Marriott. The property is lovely -new, clean and the staff was quite helpful and friendly. Complimentary parking. T is nearby( a 20 minute walk ). We were introduced to a totally new shopping experience not far away ( in Avon )- The Christmas Tree Shop. This is a store that has very little to do with Christmas.I think they are strictly a New England chain. It sells fabulous bargains for the home. I swear this is not a commercial for the store! We barely had room in the car to carry our treasures home.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:11 am

dingo -

There is no such thing as affordable parking within walking distance of your chosen Marriott. Your choices would seem to be:
  • Pay for expensive parking - ~$30-$40 per 24-hours
  • Forego your rental car and take the "T" (for a dollar) or a cab from and to the airport.
  • Park at one of the outlying T stations for $2-$4 per day and ride the T back and forth.
  • Forego the rental car, taking the T from and to the airport and renting a car from a downtown location for that one necessary car trip outside of the downtown perimeter.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:19 am

Dave, thanks for the tips. Looks like I'll be taking the expensive parking. I am flying in and out of Manchester so a few of the options won't work. Starting to doubt my decision to fly into Manchester, but I didn't think that I would be in Boston...thought I might be in New Hampshire until I couldn't find anything to do! I'd hoped to avoid the dig, now it is my neighbor!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, B6, a little DL here and there
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
We were introduced to a totally new shopping experience not far away ( in Avon )- The Christmas Tree Shop. This is a store that has very little to do with Christmas.I think they are strictly a New England chain. It sells fabulous bargains for the home. I swear this is not a commercial for the store! We barely had room in the car to carry our treasures home. </font>
Yes, that sounds about right. Over the years, it has become the second home of my wife and mother-in-law ...once you hear their ad jingle, well, it's just one of those jingles that once you hear it, you can't get it out of your head.
Christmas Tree Shops
I had a celebrity sighting at the Quincy Marriott once--Tony Bennett (performing at the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset). He looks a lot taller on tv!

(edited to add the frown )

[This message has been edited by rob2507 (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:02 pm

Hmmm.

Manchester (MHT) isn't bad. A little less than an hour to Boston, but likely more early on a Friday evening as I-93 might be backed up getting into the city.

When do you expect to arrive in MHT? Will you be coming to Boston immediately? Do you need your car while in Boston? Depending on your answers, I can suggest some alternatives for best ways to get into the city, where to park outside the city if you don't need the car, etc.

We live and work in Boston suburbs and often park at one of the convenient T stations when going downtown. Avoids heavy traffic. Avoids expensive parking. Makes it easy for a quick departure when attending a sports or other major downtown event.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.