Guaranteed roomtype that doesn't exist?

Subscribe
I booked a room at the Ritz Carlton New York, Central Park and it currently has an 80,000 point option that gives two upgrade levels and I had booked 2 double beds (because a friend is joining). However, the only room that has a double bed option is the standard room. It's 4 upgrade options for a suite... but even the suites only have a king option.

Are they just going to stick me with a roll away or what? What are the odds of a suite upgrade? Are they a sold out kind of joint?
Call them up and find out for sure but since you are using points for the upgrade, they should upgrade you two levels to whatever room type that is. If it's a suite, then you will get one king bed only. Unless you ask for the rollaway bed, I don't think they will put one in. There is a sofabed in the suite also.

I'm not sure what your odds are on landing a suite (since you are also Platinum status), but you should get a better chance if you opt for the higher rooms (maybe city view). It definitely doesn't hurt to call them up and see if you can get them to give you that extra "bump" up.