Wiki Posts
Search

New toiletries at SHS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
New toiletries at SHS?

Recently stayed at an SHS property and they have changed the shampoo and conditioner to Paul Mitchell's ‘Awapuhi’ shampoo and ‘The Conditioner’. I really like these products and they’re a big step up from the previous shampoo and conditioner that I’ve seen at SHS properties.

Anyone else seen Paul Mitchell products with their SHS stays?

P.S. I won’t disclose the particular property in case they made this change on their own. I wouldn’t want them to be slapped by Marriott corporate for going above and beyond.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I think that it would be ok. Marriott Dulles has different brand for them as well, not the standard Body Bath.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:19 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
SHS Miami Airport South had it when I stayed there last month and I have read that the RI Amelia Island carries it as well though have not stayed there so cannot confirm. I hope that Marriott is indeed moving away from the Davies Gate product with their Select Service Brands, and hopefully the FS will soon move away from the Orange Ginger crap
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Fly Delta Jets
Stayed at a Courtyard and this was the case too! Slowly transitioning.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Paul Mitchell shampoo @ the Courtyard in Paso Robles also.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Courtyard in Campbell, CA has the Paul Mitchell products as have the last 5 or so I stayed at.

One thing I noticed is at 3 of the hotels (including the one I am at today) have left 2 conditioners and no shampoo.

The bottles are so similar and not see through like the last stuff.

Maybe just bad luck on my part.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:02 pm

It was announced on June 19th that Courtyard by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and TownePlace Suites will get Paul Mitchell:

http://news.marriott.com/2012/06/mar...rtnership.html
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by docr775
It was announced on June 19th that Courtyard by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and TownePlace Suites will get Paul Mitchell:

http://news.marriott.com/2012/06/mar...rtnership.html
Nice! ^^^

Great Move Marriott!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I saw them at a CY Sunday, a SHS Tuesday and a FI last night, though it's Pantene at another FI tonight. I appreciate the fact that they're down to 0.78 oz (iirc), vs. larger older containers - less waste.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Had Paul Mitchell products at both the TownePlace and CY in Montgomery, Alabama during a mattress run last week. Very nice.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Spotted the Paul Mitchell stuff at the Courtyard in Topeka, KS. It was probably the fanciest thing in Topeka.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPRich
I saw them at a CY Sunday, a SHS Tuesday and a FI last night, though it's Pantene at another FI tonight. I appreciate the fact that they're down to 0.78 oz (iirc), vs. larger older containers - less waste.
I stayed in 2 FIs back in April and it's all Pantene - the weird thing is that some of them are only half full. I wonder if they reuse the one from previous guests?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Spotted PM products at Salusbury Courtyard and Residence Inn in the past few weeks. Definitely like this. Wish there was body wash standard though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.