Search

Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
Status Match?

Hey all,

Does marriott rewards do any status match from other hotel chains?

Im looking to switch (from priority club - the Holiday Inn group), where I am a Platinum Elite (the highest level) and am considering Marriott.

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You can do a Platinum challenge where you get Platinum status for a limited time ( I think 60 or 90 days) and in order to maintain it you have to stay at minimum mover of nights ( I believe 18). After you have stayed these nights you get Platinum status for the remainder of this year and next year.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you can of course ask to get a Plat Challenge, but as a MR "newbee" might only be offered a Gold Challenge, but who knows....... no harm in asking.........

Originally Posted by sammyindc
You can do a Platinum challenge where you get Platinum status for a limited time ( I think 60 or 90 days) and in order to maintain it you have to stay at minimum mover of nights ( I believe 18). After you have stayed these nights you get Platinum status for the remainder of this year and next year.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Status Match?

The beauty of the MR challenge is that they will often upgrade you to the level immediately (ie Gold if you take the Gold challenge and Plat if you take the Platinum challenge) for the duration of the challenge period.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
you can of course ask to get a Plat Challenge, but as a MR "newbee" might only be offered a Gold Challenge, but who knows....... no harm in asking.........
I know a few people who got a Platinum Challenge as brand new MR members. I would definitely ask if not offered to you.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 9:57 pm
Suspended

thats what I ALREADY said, no harm in asking.............

Originally Posted by sammyindc
I know a few people who got a Platinum Challenge as brand new MR members. I would definitely ask if not offered to you.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Last Sunday night I emailed Marriott Rewards and by Tuesday afternoon I was Platinum on my account (they emailed me back on Monday early afternoon, I emailed them back on Monday evening, they emailed me back Tuesday morning...and a few hours later my account showed Platinum)...I am IHG Priority Rewards Platinum Elite but they did not ask for proof although I offered in my initial email. My challenge must be completed by September 30...18 nights. I've got enough LNF BRG reservations in the pipeline for under $50 per night plus vacation time this summer so this isn't going to be a problem for me.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:14 am
Suspended

Marriott doesn't ask for "proof" of other hotel status and then match it, like a few others do, but instead gave you a Challenge ........

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Last Sunday night I emailed Marriott Rewards and by Tuesday afternoon I was Platinum on my account (they emailed me back on Monday early afternoon, I emailed them back on Monday evening, they emailed me back Tuesday morning...and a few hours later my account showed Platinum)...I am IHG Priority Rewards Platinum Elite but they did not ask for proof although I offered in my initial email.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
thats what I ALREADY said, no harm in asking.............
You said "a MR newbie might only get offered a Gold challenge" - I confirmed that this was not the case! Lots of newbies get Platinum challenges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.