Introducing the New Rewards Digital Membership Card

Subscribe
Greetings,

I’m excited to announce the launch of the new Rewards Digital Membership Card on the Marriott Mobile Apps. As a Rewards member, you can use your Digital Membership Card just as you would your printed card for check-in at hotels and to ensure you receive your benefits.

You can also use your Digital Membership Card to check your account number, level & points balance, get the latest Rewards program information & updates, and call Customer Service with one touch.

You can access your Rewards Digital Membership Card today on Marriott’s free iPhone, Android, and Blackberry apps, in English, French, German, Spanish or Chinese. If you have already downloaded the Marriott app, simply update your app in order to view the Digital Membership Card.

Learn more about the Rewards Digital Membership Card.
Learn more about the Marriott mobile apps.

Safe travels!

Andy

PS – iPhone users, we’re aware of a current issue that requires iOS4 users to run iOS5 in order to use the updated Marriott app. We are working on fixing this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Thanks for the info Andy.

The Android app has been very disappointing since I used it last time. It's very similar to the browser based mobile version and was missing a lot of useful features. I'll give this another try since it looks like other things were updated as well
Do any of these apps work on an iPad?
I like the digital card with a snapshot of the card and how many points. I wish it showed the expiration date for one's status. Also like being able to go to the customer service numbers from the card.
Quote: Do any of these apps work on an iPad?
LMGTFY

Quote:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Are there any iPhone apps that don't work on an iPad?
Quote: LMGTFY

Are there any iPhone apps that don't work on an iPad?
Sorry, I have a limited understanding of technology and apps. I have the original iPad but no smart phone. When I have downloaded apps to the iPad there is often a version for iPad and another version for the iPhone.
If there is no ipad specific version, the iphone app will always work. It will be small, but if you zoom it to 2x, it will work just fine. ITts just not optimized for the ipad.
Quote: If there is no ipad specific version, the iphone app will always work. It will be small, but if you zoom it to 2x, it will work just fine. ITts just not optimized for the ipad.
Thanks, that helps!
have been using the marriott app on my Iphone for about a month...it's very quick and easy to use to make a reservation
Now what would be really cool, is if the app let me check into my room and open the door with the NFC chip in my phone without going anywhere near reception... I can dream I guess!
Quote: I can dream I guess!
Dream away...
Quote:
on Marriott’s free iPhone, Android, and Blackberry apps, in English, French, German, Spanish or Chinese
At least for German I can say that quite a few "translations" have nothing to do with German, not even remotely. "Signing in with your saved credentials" e.g. simply does NOT translate into "Signing Sie sich mit Zugangsdaten gespeichert". Also please remove those disturbing typos like "Strornieren" - again your best bet is to translate "cancel" with the correct "Abbrechen".

I understand that a professional translation is something that can cost a few bucks more vs. of have this done by an automatic translation program, yet I guess the ill-will of customers speaking the respective language as their native language created by these mistakes will outweigh that cost substantially. Especially Marriott with such a large base of employees and customers speaking a wide range of languages as their native language should have no problems to find someone to do this translation in a acceptable way for a reasonable cost...

Greetings - Dirk
I'm pretty sure that iPhones lack NFC. I think apple was going the route of a new version of Bluetooth to achieve the same task. No doubt the concept is cool though!
Quote: I'm pretty sure that iPhones lack NFC. I think apple was going the route of a new version of Bluetooth to achieve the same task. No doubt the concept is cool though!
My HTC One X doesn't lack NFC