Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Hotel not yet participating in Rewards

Originally Posted by Justin7894
Thanks! Keep it coming. Looking forward to redeeming some rewards points for this weekend stay. And upgrade wouldn't hurt either
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, now bookable on Marriott.com:

Marriott Rewards category: 5 (Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, the rest are catgory 6).
Hotel not yet participating in Rewards .
Earliest you can redeem (available) is Nov/3 for Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
Hopefully, you get the upgrade.

Last edited by Bacai; Oct 2, 2012 at 12:07 am Reason: clarification
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Bacai
Now bookable on Marriott.com, and from the web site:

Marriott Rewards category: 5
Earliest you can redeem is Nov/3.
Thanks for posting. The few posts above yours also mention rewards doesn't happen until October 29th. But now we know the category level. FWIW - I think anyone staying before 10/29 doesn't have much chance of an upgrade based on Marriott status.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if the number of points (Catagory assignment) is allegedly based upon popularity of redemptions (and which allegedly causes Cat changes each year), wonder how the Cat is assigned for a prop that has had no redemptions!?

Originally Posted by Bacai
Now bookable on Marriott.com, and from the web site:

Marriott Rewards category: 5
Earliest you can redeem is Nov/3.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
...I think anyone staying before 10/29 doesn't have much chance of an upgrade based on Marriott status.
Too bad. I'll be there in less than 2 weeks!

Bruce
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
if the number of points (Catagory assignment) is allegedly based upon popularity of redemptions (and which allegedly causes Cat changes each year), wonder how the Cat is assigned for a prop that has had no redemptions!?
I've always wondered that myself when new hotels are assigned a category. My guess (and it's only that) is they do take either the city or neighboring properties cats into consideration or both when assigning category level to new properties, since they obviously don't have any award redemptions to base it on.

Cheers.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
when you look at the Cat assigned to new props against their rack rates I think you'll see a trend, however that flies in the face of MRs representations that the Cat is not rate related but based upon redemptions........

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've always wondered that myself when new hotels are assigned a category. My guess (and it's only that) is they do take either the city or neighboring properties cats into consideration or both when assigning category level to new properties, since they obviously don't have any award redemptions to base it on.

Cheers.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:31 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
when you look at the Cat assigned to new props against their rack rates I think you'll see a trend, however that flies in the face of MRs representations that the Cat is not rate related but based upon redemptions........
I would guess that Marriott makes a "best guess" for the initial category level with type of hotel, location, rate, etc. all used to help with that initial guess. Then the next year, they will lower or raise it based on redemption levels.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:50 pm

I'm curious to see what Cat this will come in. I'd guess at least Cat 6 if not 7. The JW in San Antonio is a Cat 6 and I'd say this would compare to it.

I will also say that I'm sorely disappointed that additional spend will not earn points. I can honestly say that I will most likely choose the Great Wolf Lodge next time we do a Dallas weekend trip
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I believe that Marriott has stated that rates are one component in hotel categorization. Please post your MR source that rates are not related.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by TexasWook
I'm curious to see what Cat this will come in. I'd guess at least Cat 6 if not 7. The JW in San Antonio is a Cat 6 and I'd say this would compare to it.

I will also say that I'm sorely disappointed that additional spend will not earn points. I can honestly say that I will most likely choose the Great Wolf Lodge next time we do a Dallas weekend trip
Which Gaylord property are you referring to? Earlier post said one of them is a Cat 5, and the rest are Cat 6.

I do agree w/ you that some of these new brands that are full-service need to give points on incidental spend.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Gaylord now showing on Marriott website

Just got an email from MR that Gaylord porperties are officially now part of MR and can be booked through the website.

Are all of Gaylord properties considered a resort? Do they have an executive lounge and/or offer breakfast for Platinums?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just saw a property pop up on a recent search. Said "no participation-you will not get points" on it.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Gaylord National Harbor (Maryland, south of DC)

The Marriott website is showing this:

From the scenic banks of the Potomac in Washington, D.C. to the lively heart of Music City in Nashville, Gaylord Hotels celebrate the heritage of their destinations. Fueled by the brand’s hallmark “Everything in one place” concept, Gaylord resort vacations blend magnificent settings, luxurious rooms and world-class entertainment. Consider Gaylord Hotels for your next getaway, business event, group gathering or convention center.

And to introduce Rewards members to this spectacular new brand, you can enjoy earning and redeeming at the Gaylord National, Gaylord Palms and the Gaylord Texan beginning October 29, 2012. Watch for more news from Marriott Rewards on Gaylord Opryland in 2013.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:30 am

Perhaps after the 29th we can create separate threads for the Gaylord properties for people to report their experiences/ask questions, as we've been doing for some of the Spain/Italy AC properties, as then someone doesn't need to read a multi-page thread asking about when it will join to get individual property info. Just a thought.

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:12 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by nacho
Can you file LNF claims for Gaylord hotels?

Thanks in advance!
Hi nacho, Gaylord Hotels are considered within the LNF program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.