FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   20.12% off rates in UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1348401-20-12-off-rates-uk.html)

hartleypig May 21, 2012 6:12 am

20.12% off rates in UK

Has anyone seen this new offer? It would be good if it delivered what is promised, but some hotels have the offer on their homepage, but then it is NEVER available.

AS for it being available on room only: not that I have found. Everyone I have found has been Stay for breakfast, which as a Plat isn't a huge saving.

I wonder if it will gradually roll out across all hotels, as often happens.

Choose from over 50 Marriott hotels across the United Kingdom, including buzzing city centres, historic towns, or the tranquil setting of one of the 11 Hotel & Country Clubs, each set with hundreds of acres of stunning countryside.

Our hotels have a great selection of award winning restaurants, indoor pools, Championship golf courses and guests rooms fully equipped with everything you need for a perfect break away.

Plus throughout the year you can save 20.12 percent on your break when you book in advance, so all you need to do is decide where you want to go!

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code VEG appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-228-9290 in the US or 0800 221 222 in the UK and ask for promotional code VEG. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.

Terms and Conditions
Valid seven days a week through 12/31/12. 20.12 percent is available on room only and weekend stay for breakfast rates, please select your chosen hotel for further information. This discount will not be available at London hotels during 27th July to the 12th August 2012. Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Tax is additional. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. Blackout dates may apply. Advance reservations required. Other restrictions apply. Rates are per room, per night and based on availability at the time of reservations.

SkiAdcock May 21, 2012 12:02 pm

So this basically zeroes out the tax of 20% (if you can get the rate).

Cheers.

BostonFlyer1624 May 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I've seen this rate at one of the Marriott hotels in London. I can't remember which one, but it was for a Saturday night reservation in June at either Grosvenor Sq., Grosvenor House, or Marble Arch.

Maybe it was St. Pancras...

SkiAdcock May 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624 (Post 18617291)
either Grosvenor Sq., Grosvenor House, or Marble Arch. Maybe it was St. Pancras...

LOL :D

Anyway, if one can get the discount it will help on the overall bill, especially for the Yanks who have to pay the 20%+exchange rate.

Cheers.