Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
current promo ends on 30 April, but if MR follows previous years, new promo won't start until 01 June
Of course they won't, since I have three weeks in Marriotts booked for May.

Sheila
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Yes, as long your 4 nights = 1 night at each different brand, then you get the 15K bonus.To each his own, but I think it's brilliant, especially to those of us who travel to locations that have many brands to choose from. It encourages an introduction to a brand that may have never been considered before. I know that I'm certainly looking forward to a little hotel "spice" now that this promotion has been offered. I just wish it started in May right after the spring promo ends as I'm on the road all 4 weeks.
Not so good for those who will spend at least 25 nights in the second qtr. I would rather get the 40k points than the 15k points. I got the 50k bonus points last month and this new promotion seems so measly!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ktjan
Not so good for those who will spend at least 25 nights in the second qtr. I would rather get the 40k points than the 15k points. I got the 50k bonus points last month and this new promotion seems so measly!
Even the max offers for us road warriors is not a great incentive for us to stay at Marriotts throughout the entire promo because I imagine many of us hit 40k or 50k by the midway point of the promo, I know I did for the Spring promo.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nova08
Even the max offers for us road warriors is not a great incentive for us to stay at Marriotts throughout the entire promo because I imagine many of us hit 40k or 50k by the midway point of the promo, I know I did for the Spring promo.
you know, once you Max out megabonus, you can switch to megamiles to earn miles.
or vice versa.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by rickyriver
you know, once you Max out megabonus, you can switch to megamiles to earn miles.
or vice versa.
I have seen a number of people discussing this for the Spring promo, but doesn't this mean you need to switch your Marriott earning to miles?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Well, you are free to drift to SPG where their promos require a ridiculous amount of nights stayed to achieve anything of value.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Quote:
"Originally Posted by rickyriver View Post
or allow us to combine certs with points, e.g. 1 cat4 cert with 10K points for a cat6 hotel."

YES! Allow us to use the certificates plus cash to upgrade to higher category hotels would be a wonderful offering! Marriott needs to hear/read this idea and adopt it.

^^^
Excellent idea! This deserves its own thread! (to get the attention of Marriott!) Also, maybe they could allow us to pay for the incremental point difference between the higher cat. hotel we need for our free night and what a Category 4 hotel would cost in points.

I've been complaining they need to upgrade these to at least cat. 5 certs since because of Category inflation there are now many entire cities where these are unusable.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I've been complaining they need to upgrade these to at least cat. 5 certs since because of Category inflation there are now many entire cities where these are unusable.
In Europe there might even be countries where the certs are unusable.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
I have seen a number of people discussing this for the Spring promo, but doesn't this mean you need to switch your Marriott earning to miles?
yes, you need to switch to earn miles to see and register the megamiles promotion.

I am a Plat and stay at Marriott for many nights, but for whatever reason I've always got the 2 nights/4 stays offer and maxed it out easily. So I always switched to miles and registered the megamiles promotion.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Usable at:--
Cat 4: Austria (1) Czech Republic (1) Germany (5) Hungary (1) Italy (1) Netherlands (1) Poland (1) Russian Federation (3) Spain (14) Sweden (2) United Kingdom (11)
Cat 3: Austria (2) Belgium (1) France (1) Germany (8) Italy (4) Kazakhstan (2) Portugal (2) Romania (1) Russian Federation (4) Spain (17) Switzerland (1) United Kingdom (6)
Cat 2: Austria (2) Czech Republic (2) France (1) Germany (5) Italy (3) Poland (1) Russian Federation (1) Spain (31)

perhaps not in cities like London or Paris, but certainly usable in Europe!

Originally Posted by more4less
In Europe there might even be countries where the certs are unusable.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the Cat 1-4 certs were upgradeable they'd be truly worth 40K points for two of them, and people with four short stays would be earning as much as those with 25 nights.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I haven't gotten one yet. Wonder if I will.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:11 am
alc

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I haven't gotten one yet. Wonder if I will.
Just wondering what happened when you go to this site - http://www.marriottrewardsbonus.com/
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Just a datapoint. Long time PLT here. No bonus offer yet. Just completed the Winter promo for 50k. Will likely have plenty of stays over the summer but not much booked at the moment. Curious about the delay in receiving the offer. Been staying pretty regularly lately at my usual hotels.

Last edited by illinidad; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:34 am Reason: add comment about recent stays
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I did not and have not received an e-mailed offer. I tried clicking on the link the Marriott lurker posted and it errored out after I logged in. When I called to inquire I was told I was eligible and was promptly enrolled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.