Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by ukchris
Hmm, so it does exist. I'm a PP and was asked by a colleague if I was registered... no sign of anything in my account Emailed the PP folks to see what the deal is, maybe I have too many points and they excluded me!
Similar in that I'm missing a promotion, and also platinum premier. I wonder whether there was a bug with the routine for promotions, I've also emailed them - lets hope they fix rapidly, not the best of bugs to have with your "most loyal" customers.

(I noticed about two weeks ago when this thread started, but hoped they'd fix without requiring my intervention)
Old May 28, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I've also emailed them
And received an almost instanteous response saying that I was pre-registered. It would appear that their website is misbehaving due to some odd bug. I've reported it to them.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
got the 6 stays/ 3 FNs challenge. Just realized the cat 4 hotel I usually use these for (Res Inn Austin,TX) is now cat 5.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
No one is excluded. You may get a crappy promo such as 5k points for a weekend stay up to 15k. You can PM Marriott Concierge to get switched to another promo.
I just found it odd that when I'm usually automatically enrolled in promotions for this one my colleagues have had it showing up for several weeks and there was nothing in my account.

The PP desk replied to say they have enrolled me in a free night for every two stays, not sure if this will be the best deal or not or what the variations are. I stay four nights per week in a full service but without knowing the cap on free nights or the timeframe for earning I don't know if the 40k points is better than the free nights - assuming they are free Cat 4 nights?

Edit - so it looks like I need to decide what is better for me, three free CAT4 nights or 40k points, I'm inclined to request switching to the 40k bonus for the flexibility.

Last edited by ukchris; May 28, 2012 at 11:15 am
Old May 29, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
I would assume that 3 free nights in a cat 1-4 is a bit better than 40K points?
Old May 29, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not for me maybe for you.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
.....If there are any Cat 4 hotels remaining after the devaluation in places I'd like to go to.

Originally Posted by BumpedAgain
I would assume that 3 free nights in a cat 1-4 is a bit better than 40K points?
Old May 30, 2012, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Anxious waiting for the miles offer too. Hyatt is offering 2500 miles per stay. Will Marriott top that?
Just checked my account yesterday and there is a miles promotion out there now.

I believe it is (off memory) triple miles starting with 2nd stay.
Starts July 1st

Not as good as Hyatt, but better than Hilton (double miles)
Old May 30, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sard
Just checked my account yesterday and there is a miles promotion out there now.

I believe it is (off memory) triple miles starting with 2nd stay.
Starts July 1st

Not as good as Hyatt, but better than Hilton (double miles)
Thanks for the headsup. Just checked and saw it on my account too.

Not impressed. I will stay with the 3 free night certs + 10X points.

It's not even as good as Hilton's double miles. Don't forget Hilton give you double dip: points + 500 fixed miles. So it's points + 1000 miles for one stay.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by littlevoices
And received an almost instanteous response saying that I was pre-registered. It would appear that their website is misbehaving due to some odd bug. I've reported it to them.
And the website is now fixed to have the promotion displayed, perhaps my email or someone else's got them to fix it. All happy with my 6 stays = 3 free nights, as sure I can find some nice cat 4's to use those certs on.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Cavaet to what was said: A stay towards the current bonus is at least one paid night in a hotel booked under the guests name and MR acct and paid for by that guest
According to the promotions T&Cs: A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.

This implies that one would need to pay for, at minimum, 4 nights in order to get 1 free. Hopefully someone has some evidence to refute this....
Old May 30, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

next MegaMiles announced: July through October: triple miles starting with 2nd stay

Anyone have any idea if there will be a megamiles offer, and what it might be?
It showed up in my Promotion Central yesterday afternoon (it was not there yesterday morning).

It's triple miles on a large list of airlines (including Southwest*), starting with your 2nd (miles-earning) stay, between the start of July and the end of October. No limit as far as I can tell.

*Southwest is critical to me because I normally do one-night stays at inexpensive hotels (or hotels made inexpensive via LNF!), and most other airlines you only earn miles proportional to your spend, and so even tripled may not be that much on such stays. But Southwest earns a flat 600 RR 2.0 points (worth $10 in WGA redemptions), and thus tripling it means a flat 1800 RR 2.0 points (worth $30 in WGA redemptions) on every stay, no matter how cheap. (A $60 stay at a 1 mile/$ brand would earn only 60 miles normally and 180 miles tripled, and even at a 2 mile/$ brand would earn only 120 miles normally and 360 miles tripled, which cannot possible be worth anywhere close to $30.) So for me, this bonus only works because I can use it for Southwest (if I wasn't collecting Southwest, it would be useless promo for me).

(Remember, you have to have your earning preference set to miles to be able to see a MegaMiles promo in your Promotion Central. You only have to switch to miles momentarily, go back to Promotion Central, register, and then you can switch back to points, assuming you want to do the points promo first in June since the miles promo doesn't start until July.)
Old May 30, 2012, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Not impressed. I will stay with the 3 free night certs + 10X points.
10x points?
You mean if you do both promos?

---

>>sdsearch

Thanks for posting that.
I actually posted it in post #188, the same promotion, but with a lot less info
Old May 30, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
10x points?
You mean if you do both promos?
Don't you get 10 points for every dollar on eligible expenses? Actually it's 15 points for me with the 50% Platinum bonus, and there are 500 welcome bonus points. Those are in addition to the free night certificates.

If I opt for the mega miles promotion, I won't get any of those points.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:48 pm

Darn! The megamiles bonus starts from 1st July! I've got 18 nights in June starting tomorrow!!!

I've only got the 3 free nights cert as an alternative. I was really hoping to get loads of mile with this trip. Oh well. Is there a mega bonus for points I could ask to switch to?

whirls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.