Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Put it into the comment box. I have done this several times and Marriott had no problem with it.
No go. (bolding mine)

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review your claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. I am denying your claim because the rate you have booked is not the lowest rate we offer through the Marriott Reservation Channel you used to confirm your reservation. I found the following rate that was also available to book:

Advance Reservation @ 224.10 Canadian Dollars per night

I want to make sure that you have the lowest rate we offer and I have modified your reservation to reflect that rate.

In addition, the comparison site is not available to the general public for booking travel. The comparison site requires an American Express card to pay for the booking.
Anyhow, I'm not going to push further on that one since I realised the the Lounge is not open on weekends at the YUL Marriott. I'll stick to the Sheraton, it's close enough and my corporate rate is CA$139 for a Club room, plus a potential upgrade as a Gold.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've successfully got a LNF claim approved, however, I'm not sure if the new rate they've quoted is corrected
- room booked for Ł80
- website rate was Ł58
They have replied my rate is now $52.75 GBP - is this correct?

Last edited by MsCapricorn; May 22, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
It might, or might not, be depending on whether the revised rate was in USD or GBP, since you cited it as both.

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I've successfully got a LNF claim approved, however, I'm not sure if the new rate they've quoted is corrected
- room booked for Ł80
- BA website rate was Ł58
They have replied my rate is now $52.75 GBP - is this correct?
Old May 21, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Srisarin
It might, or might not, be depending on whether the revised rate was in USD or GBP, since you cited it as both.
Update - they used the rate for 2 people not 1. I've responded advising them of this

Last edited by MsCapricorn; May 21, 2017 at 8:58 am
Old May 22, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Wanted to do a LNF for Courtyard Ginza, however the hotel has not loaded any inventory into marriott website, but it's available for booking on some third party website.
In cases like this, am i still able to do any LNF as i am not able to make any reservation on Marriott website.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by shevboyz
Wanted to do a LNF for Courtyard Ginza, however the hotel has not loaded any inventory into marriott website, but it's available for booking on some third party website.
In cases like this, am i still able to do any LNF as i am not able to make any reservation on Marriott website.
If you can make a reservation by calling Marriott or the hotel yes.

Keep checking Marriott.com. This happened to me twice. When they finally loaded the rates they were so high, I was successful in getting LNF approval. Within a few days of loading the rates did adjust to normal.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
LNF in Canada

Hi everyone,
I am used to the restrictions in Europe of not using a website that issues "vouchers" which is the case of most standard travel websites. How about in Canada? Can I used booking or expedia or travelocity as websites to claim a LNF? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by pcg2001
Hi everyone,
I am used to the restrictions in Europe of not using a website that issues "vouchers" which is the case of most standard travel websites. How about in Canada? Can I used booking or expedia or travelocity as websites to claim a LNF? Thanks.
I thought they did away with that voucher restriction?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I thought they did away with that voucher restriction?
correct. Canada has always been excluded though.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I have used LNFs before but I am not sure if this is a valid LNF

The Marriott website has a King Room for $129 and a Queen Room for $139. The competitor website has your choice of a King or Queen Room for $129. Can I make a claim on the Queen Room?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mindrisa
I have used LNFs before but I am not sure if this is a valid LNF

The Marriott website has a King Room for $129 and a Queen Room for $139. The competitor website has your choice of a King or Queen Room for $129. Can I make a claim on the Queen Room?

Thanks!
I think it's a YMMV case. I'll give it a shot if it's refundable.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:26 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nacho
I think it's a YMMV case. I'll give it a shot if it's refundable.
👍
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:40 pm

Hi all. First time trying this. I'm booking my location's cheapest rate. I'm trying to match a voucher site that's non-refundable but the Marriott website only shows refundable rates for all rooms. Looks like there's a DP from 2013 that this worked in this case. Any other thoughts or tips?

Last edited by JazzyJosh; Jun 16, 2017 at 10:59 am
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:58 am

So, I'm my own DP here. The request was approved!

EDIT: Looks like the site I was matching to updated to have flexible cancellation for the same rate, so that may be part of it.

Last edited by JazzyJosh; Jun 24, 2017 at 7:23 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Submitted at LNF for Marriott Biscayne Bay. The booked Marriott rate was a AAA rate and the matched was not. Would that matter? The AAA is lower than the rack rate but higher than the advanced purchase, non refund rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.