Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF for newbies (that's Marriott's version of BRG)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by apodo77
What other sites should one search for lower rates?
That's why Marriott's BRG is called LOOK. You need to look around, and here at FT comparison sites are not disclosed. Either you place a request for a LNF rate here at the request for LNF rate, or pay attention to the successful LNFs thread, if there is a FTer posted a property that you are looking for, then PM him/her if you can get some help.

This is not a thread where everyone put out a list of usable comparison site. It's because 1. if you want the low rate, you get to do the work yourself 2. Marriott is monitoring FT, and therefore if someone suddenly post a list of comparison site, Marriott may kill those sites and eventually shut down the very nice LNF programme.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Q: If Marriott's rate is room only, and comparison rate includes breakfast, do I get breakfast if my LNF claim is approved?

A: No.

Q: If the lowest breakfast inclusive rate at Marriott.com is a package (including more than breakfast), and the comparison rate is breakfast only, can I get the LNF approved?

A: No.
Mr. Nacho, firstly I would like to thank you for your help on claiming LNF.
Secondly, I would like to tell that on my 1st LNF claim, the marriott.com rate is room only but the comparison includes breakfast, they do state that my LNF claim include breakfast as so :

Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the following reservation:

Hotel: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Arrival Date: August 05, 2012

We have reviewed your claim and have made the following modification to your reservation:

Rate: 234.55 Malaysia Ringgit Breakfast included

That's what they reply me. But I couldn't see the words 'breakfast is included' on my reservation detail. What does it mean?

And another question :

If Marriott's rate is room only, and comparison rate includes breakfast, can I ask them to deduct the breakfast cost from the rate? I did it on my separate 2claims at the same hotel but different date, one was approved, the other not. Has anyone has some experience how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Dolphinyong, I have had claims approved in the past where the Marriott.com rate was room only and the cheaper comparison rate included breakfast. They have stated in their reply that breakfast is included in the new, reduced-rate LNF reservation. There has been occasions where this has not been communicated properly to the hotel and I have had to produce a print of the email to 'prove' breakfast is included. Take a print of yours with you just in case.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
Dolphinyong, I have had claims approved in the past where the Marriott.com rate was room only and the cheaper comparison rate included breakfast. They have stated in their reply that breakfast is included in the new, reduced-rate LNF reservation. There has been occasions where this has not been communicated properly to the hotel and I have had to produce a print of the email to 'prove' breakfast is included. Take a print of yours with you just in case.
+1 if it includes BF, then bring a copy of the approved claim with you (unless you get free BF anyway and you don't care).
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I have some questions, hopefully somebody can help=)

If marriott website offering a room-only rate and it can be cancelled for free up to 1 day before arrival date, while a non-marriott website offering a lower rate for a room plus breakfast and it can be cancelled for free up to 3days before arrival, will my LNF claim be approved? Has anyone has experience with this?

The cancellation policy of that website is 3days before arrival, so it can't match marriott advance purchase rate too?
For properties in North America this usually works just fine. For others ... usually not.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
LNF rate doesn't show breakfast but if you are in doubt, write back to Look dept and they will make sure it's there.

Q: What if the Marriott.com doesn't have a breakfast inclusive rate (I tried to search using codes like S4B etc. but nothing pops up - not that it matters in this case since I'll have lounge access)? Would I get breakfast if the comparison rate includes breakfast?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:07 am

Thanks, guys=) I have another question :

Marriott rate : Room-only
Comparison website : Room + Breakfast
Can breakfast cost be deducted from LNF rate?

(Notes : I got breakfast cost deducted from 1 of my claim, but not for another claim at the same hotel. Anybody has any idea about it? )
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Q: What if the Marriott.com doesn't have a breakfast inclusive rate (I tried to search using codes like S4B etc. but nothing pops up - not that it matters in this case since I'll have lounge access)? Would I get breakfast if the comparison rate includes breakfast?

Thanks in advance!
No way to get a breakfast-inclusive LNF-rate then. As stated in numerous replies in such cases, the LNF-team notes that the Look no further guarantee is a best rate guarantee, but not a benefit-guarantee program. Thus the LNF will go through, yet you lose the breakfast. That has been differently until about the first quarter of 2011, yet I have been consequently told "no" to the question of brekfast-inclusion if the marriott.com rate did not include breakfast also.

Marriott rate : Room-only
Comparison website : Room + Breakfast
Can breakfast cost be deducted from LNF rate?
Would be nice, but the answer is no again. Aside the reason stated above re: rate guarantee program it would almost be impossible to determine the breakfast-cost as it was in the calculation of the inclusive-rate since this will certainly not be the retail-value of the breakfast (e.g. I have been staying at a hotel that sells their brekkie for about $16, yet the internal transfer-value was $4.80).

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems that if these are the rates:

Marriott: room only
Comparison site: breakfast included

Then the LNF could end up either with breakfast or not?

My guess would be that I'll loose the breakfast but I guess sometimes LNF staffs have different interpretation.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC

My guess would be that I'll loose the breakfast but I guess sometimes LNF staffs have different interpretation.
I did not have breakfast included in such a situation for about a year now in a lower to mid three-digit number of LNFs. So I guess it's safe to assume that unless you can book a breakfast-inclusive rate on marriott.com breakfast will not be included in the LNF-rate irrespective of the competing website's breakfast-status.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:42 pm

I reply to a LNF claim of mine (marriott rate : without breakfast, other website : include breakfast). They replied me telling that my LNF rate does include breakfast, although it's not stated on my reservation details, they have already made a notice to the hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:14 pm

Q1: I currently have a corporate reservation that I could cancel, do I need to book the public rate?

Q2: Can I have 2 marriott reservations for a property at the same time and claim LNF on the public rate?

$200 - public marriott rate
$180 - corporate rate
$150 - competitor rate

Q3: How can I do LNF on multiple rooms? I made a corporate reservation for 2 rooms and would like both to be at the LNF rate.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by falco
Q1: I currently have a corporate reservation that I could cancel, do I need to book the public rate?

yes

Q2: Can I have 2 marriott reservations for a property at the same time and claim LNF on the public rate?

$180 - corporate rate
$150 - competitor rate

yes

Q3: How can I do LNF on multiple rooms? I made a corporate reservation for 2 rooms and would like both to be at the LNF rate.

make 2 resis at the public rate or one for 2 rooms and apply LNF. Then cancel corporate rate.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by falco

$180 - corporate rate
$150 - competitor rate

A1 : Not sure
A2 : Yes, for sure=)
A3 : It's just the same as for reservation on 1room, just give the website, and they will solve it, however, sometimes you can expect some calculation mistake, but a follow-up reply will do=)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:27 am

LNF rate as a stay for Megabonus?

Q : Is room booked with LNF rate counted as an eligible stay for Megabonus 'stay 2 gets 1 night free' program'? Anyone has any experience with it?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.