Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Indianapolis, IN

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 10, 2000, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

Has anyone stayed at this property? I have stayed at the Westin in the past (and didn't much like the service), and the Marriott has a much better rate.
Old Apr 10, 2000, 10:11 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
Which one are you talking about?

If you mean the Marriott Indianapois NORTH, then this is an awesome hotel. I have stayed there four times; once it was a 65 minute drive to my destiantion. It was worth it.

Hotel is new (only 1.5 years old) and I have found the staff very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and a little larger (I think).

There is also a nice mall really close by as well as quite a few restaurants. A little hard to actually get into (but email me at [email protected] and I can give them to you).

Cheers!
Old Apr 11, 2000, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
No, I meant the one on 21st St. It's called the Indianapolis Marriott or the Marriott Indianapolis. The Indianapolis North property might be a little far for the time I have.
Old Apr 11, 2000, 12:08 pm
dg1

Thanks for the information, DrHowser. I have a stay in IND coming up and just booked the Marriott North on your recommendation. I look forward to it!
Old Apr 11, 2000, 7:43 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
rfrost:

Well, I did stay at that hotel -- once. No explanation is needed by Marriott to explain the fact they are building a *new* Indy Marriott downtown (due to open March, 2001).

It is older, no lounge (that I can remember) and just doesn't seem to have that "upscale Marriott feel" to it.
Old Apr 12, 2000, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks, DrHowser. I think I'll stick to the Westin this trip and keep the Marriott North in mind for when I have more time.
Old May 6, 2003, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Indianapolis Marriott-must cancel two days in advance

I just booked the government rate at the Indianapolis Marriott. Much to my surprise, rate rules require cancellation two days in advance. For many, if not most, government travelers, this would preclude staying at that hotel, and somewhat negates the purpose of a government rate. For comparison, the nearby Westin allows cancellation until 11:00 PM day of arrival. I called the Marriott, and after checking with a "manager",the reservation clerk told me that the hotel would "generally" waive the two day requirement. This doesn't make me feel much better, because the reservation still specifically states the 2-day requirement. Other than resort properties, has anybody heard of similar cancellation requirements at Marriotts?
Old May 6, 2003, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
I just booked the government rate at the Indianapolis Marriott. Much to my surprise, rate rules require cancellation two days in advance. For many, if not most, government travelers, this would preclude staying at that hotel, and somewhat negates the purpose of a government rate. For comparison, the nearby Westin allows cancellation until 11:00 PM day of arrival. I called the Marriott, and after checking with a "manager",the reservation clerk told me that the hotel would "generally" waive the two day requirement. This doesn't make me feel much better, because the reservation still specifically states the 2-day requirement. Other than resort properties, has anybody heard of similar cancellation requirements at Marriotts? </font>
Standard Policy is 6pm DOA, however some "destination" properties do very (4pm DOA, x days before arrival etc) but these are not common (except at resorts that is)

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 05-06-2003).]
Old May 8, 2003, 10:51 pm

Boy, unless they have done some major renovations, the Indy Marriott is not worth the trouble. I thought it was a very ordinary hotel in every way. One of those wake-up-now-where-am-I Marriotts
Old May 10, 2003, 5:43 pm

Programs: lots
for a GREAT hotel right near there, check out the Embassy suites. great rooms, service, free breakfast, free managers reception, etc.
Old May 13, 2003, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Would it have anything to do with availability issues during the month leading up to the INDY 500?
Old May 13, 2003, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ontherun:
Would it have anything to do with availability issues during the month leading up to the INDY 500?</font>
It shouldn't but anything is possible
Old May 17, 2003, 11:03 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Let's be specific here. Which Marriott are we talking about? The one downtown, on the east side, or the one on the north at River Crossing?
Old May 17, 2003, 11:55 am

Downtown.
Old May 17, 2003, 12:02 pm

By the way, the hotel itself is quite nice, as nice as the next door Westin, and the rooms are larger than the Westin. But the horrendous cancellation policy negates whatever other advantages the hotel has. Maybe that's why President Bush stayed at the Westin last week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.