Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I received the Marriott signature Visa rewards card offer for 50,000 points after the first use. Less than two weeks later, I receive the exact same reward offer except for 70,000 points. Just letting you know that if you've received the earlier offer, a better one is out there.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:05 pm

same here.

Is the 70K a decent offer? I've avoided card promotions before, but flyertalk is making me think otherwise.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:34 pm

URL

Did they give you a website? Some code that you can pass onto other FTers? If one has the card already, what's the best way to get the difference?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:44 pm

I just checked all Chase offers, 50k was the best I could find for Marriott in my research. 70k is way better, and it must be new.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by tripice351
I just checked all Chase offers, 50k was the best I could find for Marriott in my research. 70k is way better, and it must be new.
agreed, 70k is way better. it gives you 2 nights at some of their category/level 7 properties that need 35000 points per night.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
This is a great offer for those thinking of getting a marriott card. Doubt you will find one better but hope to be proven wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:12 pm

any links or at least hard copy references?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
Annual Fee Increase

They just increased the fee for the Signature Premier card to $ 85, so they can afford to offer more points.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:00 pm

Is there any special bonus code or so? Is it 70K after first use? It will be good if you can give us more details.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:06 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
LINK

Do you have the link for this offer???
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Exclamation

Those who read FT regularly will know that Chase tends to target offers properly - so no links or codes will be available on FT and 'copy' will only be provided if someone who was targeted takes the time to copy/paste text or edit an image from their e-mail (but omitting their own details). Chase showed from the recent Sapphire thread that it is not up for 'bumping' bonuses either for those not targeted.

I think it is a case of sitting tight to see if you get the e-mail or simply moving on to something else.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Originally Posted by ericok
I received the Marriott signature Visa rewards card offer for 50,000 points after the first use. Less than two weeks later, I receive the exact same reward offer except for 70,000 points. Just letting you know that if you've received the earlier offer, a better one is out there.
Here the Marriott 50K Offer. No fee the first year, even though it is $85.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:16 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Kindly disagree!

I'm sorry but I'll have to kindly disagree with you based upon personal experience. Chase does bump bonuses and I myself applied for the Chase Sapphire 50K and bump the bonus within hours for another 50K which posted to my account immediately.......all with out the card even in in hot little hands.

I read FT thread daily and I'm very up on things going on here. I have receive many offers that i was never targetted directly from many financial institution. My advice is to be kind, considerate and persistant! Kindness goes a long way with customer service reps. Most of the time I have really good luck even with the tough ones.

I'm not a big poster.....as I'm sure you assumed some things based upon the # of my posted. As you can tell by my user name I'm a Momma........very busy with little ones and I barely have time to read......not alot of time to post. I try to help anyone I can though with any info I have that can help them.

Originally Posted by User Name
Those who read FT regularly will know that Chase tends to target offers properly - so no links or codes will be available on FT and 'copy' will only be provided if someone who was targeted takes the time to copy/paste text or edit an image from their e-mail (but omitting their own details). Chase showed from the recent Sapphire thread that it is not up for 'bumping' bonuses either for those not targeted.

I think it is a case of sitting tight to see if you get the e-mail or simply moving on to something else.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GLD, CO GLD, Hilton Diamond
Angry

About every 2 weeks Marriott sends me that paperwork for a Visa card with 5 free nights. Even though I've asked them at least a half dozen times to stop sending me this invite, I now have a new one for 6 free nights. Not sure how many points that equates to but I've got a garbage can full of their stupid cc invites.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Originally Posted by slotownmomma
I'm sorry but I'll have to kindly disagree with you based upon personal experience. Chase does bump bonuses and I myself applied for the Chase Sapphire 50K and bump the bonus within hours for another 50K which posted to my account immediately.......all with out the card even in in hot little hands.
snip...
It really depends. If it is a targeted Credit Card solicitation, the offer is not public and if you call you can't receive the offer without an invitation code wed to your name. For example, I called the number for the 50K promotion and said I know there's a 70K promotion and I would like that. The agent looked and looked but 50K was all she could see. She said, and I agree, that without a specific invitation code, the offer cannot be forced.

The Sapphire card is not a loyalty card so the terms may be different as to what can be offered to the consumer. Loyalty cards behave differently. It was like that with the PC card which had an 80K promotion and the world could only see 60K. No one who did not get an invite could get the 80K. I got the invite for that one and wanted to try and extract a link for general use. But try as I might, without the offer code, which had my name already in the system, 60K was all I could see.

Generic cards are easier to game.

Last edited by pete4abw; Aug 13, 2011 at 6:30 am Reason: Update for clarity on PC card offer disassembling effort

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.