Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New mobile website for Marriott is abysmal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak

It is hard to use on an iPhone. It is buggy and loaded with errors. It is disgusting and annoying to use.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Could you be a bit more specific, or are you just letting off steam? Have you contacted Marriott to let them know what problems you're encountering?

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

More details.

No I did not contact Marriott. I was blowing off steam.

When I do a search, it locks in on search criteria that was used the first time I used the website. For example it does not forget s specific rate type. Thus I cannot do a search that is less restrictive. Also it is slow.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by steve4031
No I did not contact Marriott. I was blowing off steam.

When I do a search, it locks in on search criteria that was used the first time I used the website. For example it does not forget s specific rate type. Thus I cannot do a search that is less restrictive. Also it is slow.
Let Marriott know. They can't correct it if they don't know what problems people are encountering.

And hey, you came to the right place to let off steam

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

I did call tech support

I explained my experience and left contact info. They have not yet contacted me. It may take a day or so.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I just took a stab at it on my iPhone. My first impression is that the mobile website was OK. I made a dummy reservation (without completing) and it seemed easy enough. However, I'll reserve formulating an opinion until checking it out in more detail over the next couple of weeks.

I still don't see why Marriott just doesn't do their customers and themselves a big favor and come up with their own smart phone app.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:40 am

I have used the new Mobile Site a few times on my Android device and I have not found any major issues with it.

Dan
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: All
Originally Posted by dan1431
I have used the new Mobile Site a few times on my Android device and I have not found any major issues with it.

Dan
Same here.

They may have tried to be a little too fancy with it. (The little animation that pops up while loading pages indicates that it's not just straight HTML.) Sadly users are often more concerned with appearance than function these days.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
+1

The only real irritation for me is the fact check out dates don't work like the full site. When looking for dates in November, you scroll through the months one month at a time until you reach the correct month - as per existing functionality, no problem with that.

But you then need to scroll back through the months for the check out date. I imagine it's not that difficult to pass the check-in date as a parameter to the pop up calendar - but I could be wrong, as I so often am ;-)

David

I use the mobile site a lot (with smartphones it's easier than firing up the laptop!) . To book a stay in November you need to scroll through the months un

Originally Posted by dan1431

Dan
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Isn't being slow a problem for all those usablenet websites?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I immediately hit the Desktop version when I land on a mobile URL. I can't stand the shortened versions. The iPhone and droits have full fledged browsers. Stop pointing us to crappy sites!

There. I've said my peace.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, PC Plat, UA
I'm an idiot. I just realised there is a *new* site!

Well, they fixed the calendar. At first glance it looks ok.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
It is hard to use on an iPhone. It is buggy and loaded with errors. It is disgusting and annoying to use.
Get the Atomic Web Browser for the iPhone. It costs 99 cents. It has a feature that allows you to self-identify your browser. I identify myself as IE6, which causes the website to think I am using a desktop and I get the full website. iPhones do not need special little mini-sites; they just annoy.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

THat solved it!! Thanks

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Get the Atomic Web Browser for the iPhone. It costs 99 cents. It has a feature that allows you to self-identify your browser. I identify myself as IE6, which causes the website to think I am using a desktop and I get the full website. iPhones do not need special little mini-sites; they just annoy.
That's what I was using. I set it as you suggested.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
That's what I was using. I set it as you suggested.
Don't know what to say. I just visited the site with my Atomic browser and got the "full" site. Continue to work and fiddle with it is my suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.