Toiletries

Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
For what I have got from SHS, RI, FFI, CY, Ren (Europe) - it's all from Guest supply services.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Had a stay at the Marriott Washington Dulles last week - first stay since August. The bathroom had "Rusk Sensories" bath amenities and soaps.

Is this product line new around the FS Marriott properties or just this one?

(I did a scan thru news.marriott.com but didn't see anything. Rusk's website is even less search friendly.)

David
Yes the IAD Marriott does offer the Rusk products, I commented to the Front Desk about the difference (in a good way) and the Mgr said that it was a local decision to go along with the hotel remodel (which came out pretty nice IMHO).

Dan
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if Marriott is participating in the global soap recycle program like Starwood is?

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/po...ampoo/167172/1
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Just wanted to chime in here:

As a Plat that stays mostly at Marriott properties: (as opposed to Courtyard, Renaissance, etc...)

I'M SICK OF THE CITRUS JUNK!

The Bath/Body Works Citrus Aloe stuff is disgusting.

I bring my own now. The novelty has worn off of this crap.

The Renaissance soaps/shampoos are good...but this stuff at Marriott is unbearable.

I travel to Las Vegas frequently, and "acquire" extra supplies from The Cosmopolitan..that's my current traveling stock.

C'mon Marriott....time to change.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I figure this is the best thread, but I noticed at a Residence Inn that I typically visit they switched to mounted bottles of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. This is sort of like aloft has (with Bliss). The best part is there is now body wash, and I think the Tea Tree formula is better than those small white bottles.

To me, this is an improvement. Yes, there is money saved by not having small bottles, but I am okay with that since there is no longer small quantity provided and it is likely environmentally better (although, I doubt that was much of the reason).

Rasheed
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by rasheed
I figure this is the best thread, but I noticed at a Residence Inn that I typically visit they switched to mounted bottles of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree. This is sort of like aloft has (with Bliss). The best part is there is now body wash, and I think the Tea Tree formula is better than those small white bottles.

To me, this is an improvement. Yes, there is money saved by not having small bottles, but I am okay with that since there is no longer small quantity provided and it is likely environmentally better (although, I doubt that was much of the reason).

Rasheed
Like most of Marriott's toiletries, is the Paul Mitchell stuff distributed by Sysco industrial supply and made in China?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by rasheed

Rasheed
For someone that lives in a long cold winter area Tea Tree is legit to get rid of flakes, well for me.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Like most of Marriott's toiletries, is the Paul Mitchell stuff distributed by Sysco industrial supply and made in China?
No, the mounted bottles specifically said Made in the USA.

I get that people might think they are not refilled with the real deal, but it looks like the bottles are not refilled. They are just bigger bottles to replace when needed based on the printed codes on the bottom.

Rasheed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.