Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Originally Posted by VA1379
You have to get upgraded from a standard room in order to get the Quercus toiletries? I did get upgraded to a better room (no suite) during my stay in November 2009 as a platinum member. I thought those toiletries were standard with all rooms at the hotel.
* I'm usually upgraded so I've always gotten the Quercus. But for some reason I either saw a reg room (non exec level or not superior or suite) & remember thinking oh, they don't get the Quercus. So thought it was a differentiator on the room types.

But it's vague in my mind, so I could be wrong & I'm confusing properties.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I like the Aveda rosemary mint that the Ren uses!
* In honor of this thread, I dug out the Aveda hotel size stuff from my stash in the closet & used it today.

Originally Posted by living near shamu
For a moment, I thought this thread was about something like "is it ok to stack up on toiletries"... hehe
* That was my original thought too until I read it

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I hate the new Hilton Roth shampoo & conditioner; it makes my hair feel like it's not clean.
* Thanks for the heads up. Might have to bring my own stuff for the part of my European stay when I'm staying at Hilton vs Marriott.

Cheers.
If your Marriott portion comes before the Hilton, just stock up while you're there
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by keloutwest
If your Marriott portion comes before the Hilton, just stock up while you're there
Great idea! The Hilton portion is towards the end of the trip. I'll be at Rens just before, so should have Aveda.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by annerj
Most of my trips are short....I bring my own stuff.
That's completely opposite my thinking... For short trips, my hair and skin will survive anything the hotel supplies!
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:53 pm

I agree, the standard Marriott products need an upgrade. I love the Renaissance Aveda products. I liked the old Renaissance Lather products as well.

If you stay at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, you'll get some really nice bath products. If you get a wraparound suite, you'll have more bath products than you know what to do with. The only downside is that they aren't safety-sealed, so you have to trust that the housekeeper actually changed them for you.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
i, too, don't really care for orange-ginger either but those little bottle got for $5 at bath & body works! insane!

My wife really likes the stuff, though, so I always have to bring some home.

The stuff they used before the BBW was better. Pantene?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I collect what I don't use, bring it home and put it in a giant glass vase. When the amount gets significant, I donate it to a charitable organization. In the past, I've given the stuff to a homeless shelter, the Ronald McDonald House, a battered women's shelter and a group that was making care packages for soldiers stationed overseas. The homeless shelter is only open from October through March. The last couple years, they've emailed me in September asking for the soaps, shampoos, etc. It's a family shelter that's located in a house of worship.
I LOVE this idea. Will start the same!!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
My favorite is the ginger soaps at hyatts and my all time favorite was the stuff at the vendome park hyatt.

I had the roth at Hilton a couple months ago and thought it was nice too.

As for Marriott I like the bath and body works, mostly because I give them to my mom when I stayed at a Marriott for 40 nights. The ren Veda is choice stuff, fi is ok in my book bc I like patente and the soap is ok.
I did however log my first shs stay last weekend and hated the shampoo for whatever reason. Also didn't think the soap lathered like the fi soap even though its the same manufacturer.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Agree that the Marriott soaps etc could use a change. I find the current B&BW very drying, especially the bar soap, and actually have to use a bunch of the conditioner so my hair isn't like straw after a shower.

The Ren Aveda products are a different story though... much better and I don't mind the mint scent.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by BillyIdol
Am I the only one wishes Marriott would change their toiletries?
How much more would you be willing to pay per night? A $1/night worth of upgraded toiletries would and should be passed along to the customer, so we'd probably pay an extra $1/night. I'm fine with the way they are now, especially because I don't use much more than the soap.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
European update:

* PRG Marriott - Aromatherapy brand done for Marriott (think I've seen this at LHR Ren, but can't remember.

* VIE Renaissance Imperial Riding School & MUC Renaissance - Pecksmith's or something.

I can't actually attest to how good these are for hair because I brought along my own Aveda stuff, but will take with when I head to VIE Hilton.

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: MR Plat., AC*E
I like when the FS properties include the mouthwash, but I find it completely hit or miss as to whether it is available. Different properties, different rooms, CL floor or not, it's a total toss up in the last few months as to whether it is there. I used to see it more consistently I thought.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Radisson Silver, AA, Amtrak, BA
Even at courtyards, sometimes I receive hand lotion and sometimes not. The renaissance products are in my option the best and I will stay at a renaissance over a marriott due to better toiletries.

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
I like when the FS properties include the mouthwash, but I find it completely hit or miss as to whether it is available. Different properties, different rooms, CL floor or not, it's a total toss up in the last few months as to whether it is there. I used to see it more consistently I thought.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
The renaissance products are in my option the best
+1

and I will stay at a renaissance over a marriott due to better toiletries.

(Toiletries have absolutely zero influence on my choice of accomodation!)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:17 pm

we collect to save to give to deaf people or to deaf community cuz deaf community does not have much help like others have several helps.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I'm a huge fan of the Aveda line at Renaissance, but I do wish they would do something different with the Marriott toiletries. I stay about 50/50 between Marriott and Ren, so I usually have a couple bottles of the Aveda products to use when I'm at a Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.