Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Edition Waikiki no longer Marriott (or Edition, for that matter)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edition Waikiki no longer Marriott (or Edition, for that matter)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Marriott Waikiki E-mail addy's

I have seen and heard people talking about e-mailing the hotel managers before their visit. How do you find their email addresses?

I seem to remember that if you call Marriott Rewards that you can get the email addy's but is there a list somewhere on online?

As the title reads, I am looking for the email address for the Manager or someone similar at the Waikiki Beach Marriott that can help me arrange something special for my wife and daughter this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and...

Happy Travels!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Hello,

I stayed there in Sept08 and emailed them a couple months before. They responded right away. I had asked for complimentary upgrades as we were on our honeymoon and they provided an ocean view corner room in the back tower. Here is the email I used. Hope this helps!

[email protected]
Old Feb 26, 2009, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
I stay there 6 nites/month. I might recommend the front tower. The rear tower is taller and you can get magnificent views of Diamond Head but it has a lousy elevator system.

In the front tower you do need to either get a very high room to be over the Hotel to the Diamond Head side or if you are on the Waikiki side you will have an unparalleled view of Waikiki Beach.

I generally get a room ending in 17 through 31 with an odd number which will put me on the Waikiki side over the pool and looking to the West over Waikiki Beach.

they do have very nice large rooms at the end of each floor in that tower that have a view both to the East and or West as well as windows looking straight out over the beach. They generally are in the $349/nite range over the rack rate of $200/nite. As I am there on business I generally am perfectly happy with standard rooms on the Waikiki side.

Perry
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Waikiki Edition--status matter?

I've done a little bit of research, but I have to tell you. I'm still clueless about what is different/special with Edition properties. Maybe I just don't get the lingo.

Anyway, thinking about going to Oahu for a week or so for our anniversary in late Oct, early November and I saw a good price (or what I believe to be a good price) at $195 a night. I was going to use points, but I would never waste them on a property that is $195 a night. If I had a gazillion points, maybe...(doubt it though).

There are still only rendeitions on the website so I couldn't pick out this hotel in a lineup. Does anyone know if they even provide anything to Plats? It is highly unlikely that I will maintain my Plat status in 2011, so it would be nice to go to a property that at least acknowledges the status.

I get the feeling these boutique-style hotels won't have Executive Lounges...but that's just a guess (basing it on that fact that no Hawaii properties have executive lounges I suppose).

I'm sorry if I missed anything during the search....but any new info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Dawn
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Edition in general is new, so probably limited info.

This Waikiki Edition isn't even opening until October, so no info. It is not marked as a resort so you should get breakfast comped Mon-Fri.

This property is located, and connected to, what used to be the Ilikai Renaissance which was deflagged about 5-6 years ago. Actually parking for the Ilikai at the time was below this building, and I believe this building may have been part of the Ilikai Renaissance at that time. I stayed at the Ilikai Renaissance and can understand why it was deflagged. I would not have recommended the Ilikai back then, and have my doubts about the soon to be Waikiki Edition.

BTW, Marriott Resort and Spa has a MR member rate of $174/night (Oct 31-Nov 6 were the dates I tried). You must be elite and logged in for this rate to show up. The Marriott is in a much better location than the Edition IMO.

If anyone stays at the Edition, please let us know about breakfast and the hotel in general. I am going to be in Oahu next month and plan to walk by it, but will probably not be able to get inside. Staying at Courtyard for $116.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:48 pm

$179....

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Edition in general is new, so probably limited info.

This Waikiki Edition isn't even opening until October, so no info. It is not marked as a resort so you should get breakfast comped Mon-Fri.

This property is located, and connected to, what used to be the Ilikai Renaissance which was deflagged about 5-6 years ago. Actually parking for the Ilikai at the time was below this building, and I believe this building may have been part of the Ilikai Renaissance at that time. I stayed at the Ilikai Renaissance and can understand why it was deflagged. I would not have recommended the Ilikai back then, and have my doubts about the soon to be Waikiki Edition.

BTW, Marriott Resort and Spa has a MR member rate of $174/night (Oct 31-Nov 6 were the dates I tried). You must be elite and logged in for this rate to show up. The Marriott is in a much better location than the Edition IMO.

If anyone stays at the Edition, please let us know about breakfast and the hotel in general. I am going to be in Oahu next month and plan to walk by it, but will probably not be able to get inside. Staying at Courtyard for $116.

$174 is pretty good, but I just went online, did not log in and got $179 AAA rate and/or $179 Senior Rate (hubby is 62). I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to save $5 a night....but the rates to the general public are nearly as good.

I realize that I forgo breakfast as it is a resort, but I wonder if they do any sort of upgrades for their Plat's.

Thanks....

Dawn
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
$174 is pretty good, but I just went online, did not log in and got $179 AAA rate and/or $179 Senior Rate (hubby is 62). I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to save $5 a night....but the rates to the general public are nearly as good.

I realize that I forgo breakfast as it is a resort, but I wonder if they do any sort of upgrades for their Plat's.

Thanks....

Dawn
yes, the marriott waikiki upgrades to plats to ocean view rooms (space permitting). They don't upgrade to suites (standard practice).

Last time I was there with two other guys and we wanted three beds. They gave us a family "suite", essentally a very large room with two bathrooms and three beds. Made me very happy. Only drawback: non-oceanview.

Billy
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Thanks....

Dawn
Just stayed there a couple weeks ago on points and they took great care of me....awesome ocean-view room. Staff was top-notch, from front desk to housekeeping, not a bad experience all week.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:05 pm

Hmm... I have a bit of a problem with this statement.

AAA and seniors rates are hardly general public rates as there are many in the general public who are less than 62 and/or not AAA members. And FWIW IDs are required for those rates (per the rate rules).

BTW, you do not have to be logged on to get the MR Member rates. All you need is the M11 rate code in the Corporate/promotional code field. You don't even have to have your MR number entered in the Marriott Rewards number field. Like the AAA and senior rates, you do have to show an ID for this rate too (per the rate rules).

I would go so far as to say that there are probably more people booking rooms at Marriott who are already MR members than there are in either of the other two groups you mention. For that matter anyone can become a MR member simply by enrolling online for free so the MR rate of $174 is actually available to everyone in the general public, which cannot be said of the other two rates.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
related article here: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...of_195_a_Night
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thanks for returning this thread to its topic.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:08 pm

Not sure why I'm responding....

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Hmm... I have a bit of a problem with this statement.

AAA and seniors rates are hardly general public rates as there are many in the general public who are less than 62 and/or not AAA members. And FWIW IDs are required for those rates (per the rate rules).

BTW, you do not have to be logged on to get the MR Member rates. All you need is the M11 rate code in the Corporate/promotional code field. You don't even have to have your MR number entered in the Marriott Rewards number field. Like the AAA and senior rates, you do have to show an ID for this rate too (per the rate rules).

I would go so far as to say that there are probably more people booking rooms at Marriott who are already MR members than there are in either of the other two groups you mention. For that matter anyone can become a MR member simply by enrolling online for free so the MR rate of $174 is actually available to everyone in the general public, which cannot be said of the other two rates.
I have a feeling I will regret responding to this....but here goes. I'm sorry you have a "problem" with my statement. It was not meant to irritate you in any way, for whatever reason. I was merely replying to the statement, "BTW, Marriott Resort and Spa has a MR member rate of $174/night (Oct 31-Nov 6 were the dates I tried). You must be elite and logged in for this rate to show up."

By "general public," I was simply referring to someone that did NOT have the "elite" status...that's all. And, actually, AAA is available to the general public so I'm still okay with my initial response. But I am sorry if you have a problem with it but there's really not much I can do about that.

Geez....I really know why there are so many lurkers out there.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:43 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
I have no idea what the Edition will be like but agree that the Waikiki Marriott Resort is in a much, much better location. I think it's also quite disingenuous for the Edition to claim to have "it's (sic) own lagoon" given that the lagoon will be shared with the Hilton Hawaiian Village next door.

source: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ikiki-edition/
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:42 am

I'm sorry you have a "problem" with my statement. It was not meant to irritate you in any way, for whatever reason.
I wasn't upset with you or your statement, just pointing out what seemed obvious to me. Using "bit of a problem" seemed like a nice segway (to me), but I guess it didn't come off that way. I guess I could have chosen better words to convey my thoughts. My apologies.

By "general public," I was simply referring to someone that did NOT have the "elite" status...
FYI, the M11 rate code is available to all MR members, elite status is not required. See the sticky List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes up at the top of the forum for more info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.