Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PHL
The Wiki at the top of this thread initially says free wifi for Gold/Plat is exempt her the Marriott T&C, but then further down the wiki shows "complimentary premium internet access" under the list of Gold Benefits. Which is it? Have Golds and/or Plats been getting free wifi on stays there?
Wifi is not free; it's included w/ the mandatory resort fee. I edited the wiki to take the free wifi out.

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:50 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Thanks for the clarification. What about the comment that all terrace suites have fountain/NE view but the Marriott.com web site delineates Terrace Suites and Terrace Suites "with Fountain View".
Old May 5, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by PHL
Thanks for the clarification. What about the comment that all terrace suites have fountain/NE view but the Marriott.com web site delineates Terrace Suites and Terrace Suites "with Fountain View".
No idea. Have never stayed at the property. We have a lot of FTers who have, so presumably one of them will be able to answer your question.

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by PHL
The Wiki at the top of this thread initially says free wifi for Gold/Plat is exempt her the Marriott T&C, but then further down the wiki shows "complimentary premium internet access" under the list of Gold Benefits. Which is it? Have Golds and/or Plats been getting free wifi on stays there?

The Wiki also says all Terrace Suites are fountain/North facing. When I am on the booking page on Marriott.com, it has Terrace Suites and also Terrace Suites with fountain view. This would lead me to believe that they have Terrace suites *without* a fountain view. Anyone have more to comment?

I'm staying there in less than a week and as of now, just about every single room type, up to the 2 BR suite is showing available at normal prices. So as of now, doesn't look to be too full.
I believe the "complimentary" part of being gold and premium is the upgrade to premium wifi from standard wifi.
AFAIK, the Terrace Suites face all directions. It's considered an upgrade if you have one facing the fountains. I have had many terrace suites with no fountain view.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by azmojo
I believe the "complimentary" part of being gold and premium is the upgrade to premium wifi from standard wifi.
That's probably it. It's similar at other properties. G/Ps get the premium/enhanced wifi vs. standard.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:58 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azmojo
AFAIK, the Terrace Suites face all directions. It's considered an upgrade if you have one facing the fountains. I have had many terrace suites with no fountain view.
Thanks. The wiki should probably be updated accordingly.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by PHL
Thanks. The wiki should probably be updated accordingly.
You're wiki-enabled so you can do so

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL

The Wiki also says all Terrace Suites are fountain/North facing. When I am on the booking page on Marriott.com, it has Terrace Suites and also Terrace Suites with fountain view. This would lead me to believe that they have Terrace suites *without* a fountain view. Anyone have more to comment?

I'm staying there in less than a week and as of now, just about every single room type, up to the 2 BR suite is showing available at normal prices. So as of now, doesn't look to be too full.
Interestingly, I just got an email from them offering standby upgrades for my upcoming stay ($21/night extra for the City Studio all the way up to $110/night extra for the Wraparound Terrace Suite). Sounds like an upgrade might be close to guaranteed if I opt in?
Old May 6, 2017, 8:13 pm

Unless they changed something recently, all Terrace Suites have a fountain view. I like this room type because I don't have to haggle or sandwich on the view. If I get a Terrace Suite, it's going to have a fountain view.

Several years ago, these specific suites were an easy upgrade, but it looks like Cosmo finally figured out that they can get a lot more money for Terrace Suites. They are better than almost everything but the Wraparound Suite Fountain View.

They also have a Terrace One-Bedroom, which might be causing some of the confusion. Those have all different views. If I'm doing the Cosmo, it's either the Studio, or the Terrace Suite.

When Cosmo first opened, you could get the Wraparound Suite Fountain View as a complimentary upgrade.....

Originally Posted by PHL
Old May 6, 2017, 8:19 pm

Also, you can use your Platinum/PP card to skip the Wicked Spoon line, even if you aren't staying at the property. But no 15% discount. I saved about an hour wait by doing this.

You can also buy your way into the Platinum/Invited Guest line for $15 extra per person, for those without Identity/Marriott status.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:46 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JW6130
Unless they changed something recently, all Terrace Suites have a fountain view. I like this room type because I don't have to haggle or sandwich on the view. If I get a Terrace Suite, it's going to have a fountain view.
Things may have changed then with room types/descriptions. I've stayed in a Terrace One BR King and it was facing the boulevard. My view was decent, as I could see Planet Hollywood across the street and had a good view North up the Blvd. I definitely did not have a fountain view.

When I look at the available, bookable room types on Marriott.com for my stay I see:
  • Terrace Studio, Guest room, 1 King, Balcony 620 sq ft
  • Terrace Studio, Guest room, 1 King, Fountain view, Balcony 620 sq ft
  • Terrace One Bdrm, Guest room, 1 King, Balcony 610 sq ft
  • Terrace One Bdrm, Guest room, 1 King, Fountain view, Balcony 610 sq ft

And given a previous comment here, terrace suites are all over the hotel and not just fountain view only, which matches my experience.

Interestingly the "One Bdrm" suite is 10 sq ft smaller than the studio suite. The difference is in the layout. They both are arranged similarly, but the 1 Bed Rm has a different bathroom layout and large tub. You can see this in the floorpan diagrams. But aside from that, the "studio" and "One Bdrm" suites are essentially the same in terms of size.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Indeed, the building closest to the strip (E Tower) is 4-sided and there are terrace suites on all 4 sides. The I have stayed in a terrace suite facing the pool where they hold concerts... and got a free concert once.

On the west tower, I have stayed in terrace studios facing S toward Aria.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Will Marriott plat. pay for parking at Cosmo?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ellinj
Will Marriott plat. pay for parking at Cosmo?
Yes.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:30 am

The room type "Terrace Suite" is a specific room type.

They are located only on the north (fountain) facing side of the Chelsea (formerly West) Tower. Room numbers 19, 25, 27, and 33.

Yes, there are rooms with terraces on all sides of both buildings. And there are other room types with "terrace" in the name. But "Terrace Suites" only exist as described above.

I don't use Marriott to book Cosmo, so I don't know what things look like on their website. But I've stayed at Cosmo 10 times and I know the room types and floorplan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.