Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free Upgrade to Gold Status and a chance to extend till 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I just registered myself at the following site to get upgraded to gold and a chance to extend it till 2012 if I stay 8 nights within the next 90 days.

http://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/hsbc/en/

Though it says hsbc but it has nothing to do with it. Here is my confirmation and good luck..

===============
Congratulations! You’re registered to receive complimentary Gold Elite status for 90 days and a chance to enjoy Gold Elite membership until February 2012 if you complete 8 nights within the promotion period.

As a Gold Elite member, you will benefit from:

Room Upgrade*+
Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast***
Guaranteed Room Type 1
Free Internet Access ++
Exclusive Offers
25% Bonus on Marriott Rewards Base Points 3
Ultimate Reservation Guarantee+
Priority Late Checkout*2
Stay 8 nights at any of over 3,400 hotels worldwide, as a Gold Elite member within 90 days of joining and enjoy Gold Elite status until February 2012!

Enjoy 15% discount on the "Stay for Breakfast" rate at participating hotels in China and Hong Kong until 28 February 2011, check-in on a Friday or Saturday, minimum 2 nights. Make your reservations on www.Marriott.com, click "special rates & rewards" and enter promotional code D57 in the "Corporate/promotional code" box. Or call 400 888 5551 and quote promotional code XXBV.

===============
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: CX DM
this is even better than the air china deal
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Is it restricted to HSBC Premier account holders in China?

The enrollment page does not ask any details reg HSBC Account #

Also is the Qualifying Stays are restricted to certain properties?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I registered my wife and it accepted her. Her status hasnt changed from Silver or anything. We shall see.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:20 am

Gold upgrade

I did this on Tuesday and have been upgraded to Gold. However, I am now concerned that after 90 days if I don't make the 8 stays that I'll be switched back to silver but will lose all of my rollover nights. I have 31 nights right now. Hopefully they will rollover 21 to maintain silver status...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: hyatt Platinum, *G, hertz presidents circle
Interesting! Earlier this week I emailed MR and inquired about a possible status match with my Hyatt Diamond level, and was denied. Here is the relevant part of the reply I received:

Although your past stay history with a competitor's hotel chain indicates how frequently you travel, we reward our members based on how much they have stayed with Marriott in the past, rather than how much they intend to stay in the future; we respectfully reserve our Elite benefits for Marriott Rewards members who have already proven their loyalty to Marriott. We greatly value our Elite members, and would not want to undermine their commitment to Marriott by upgrading members who have not stayed the requisite number of nights...Please stay the required number of nights in 2011 to have your account upgraded to your desired Elite level.

Smack down!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Wow... Was just a member not even silver as I am mainly a HH traveler but was lurking the marriott forum as I'm looking to boost my status and found this post last night, registered and today I'm a gold. Already have 2 nights booked next week so hopefully I'll stay enough in 90 to keep the Gold through 2012. Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:36 am

Removed.

Last edited by SocialAdept; Nov 26, 2010 at 9:34 am Reason: Moved the post to the Air China thread
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I registered my wife and it accepted her. Her status hasnt changed from Silver or anything. We shall see.
She's gold! (I already knew that ^ )
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
registered 2 days ago, status now listed as gold. No email, but marriott site has changed.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, MR Silver
Uggh -- Stupid Me

I filled in my RM number on the page. But instead of hitting the button on the same line, I filled in all the information (except state) and hit the button at the bottom (I was multi-tasking). The message was that it assigned me a new MR number. I went back and realized what I did and just hit the button by the MR number entry and got the message I guess everyone else did.

So -- have a mess up my account or just generated a new account that will either not be activated since I am not in China or will be easily cancelled?

Anyone care to venture a guess . . . . ?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I called Guest Services and they merged the new number into my existing account. Good luck.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Signed up Thursday morning...status changed to Gold last night.

I just changed my upcoming stay to a Marriott Property from a Hyatt as I've already qualified for Diamond next year and don't need the credit until January.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I registered for the Air China promotion and then learned about the HSBC promotion and applied for that since it requires 8 nights instead of 12 with Air China. After calling Marriott Guest Relations I was informed that the Air China promotion supersedes anything else and I could only continue with that promotion--12 nights AND to have Air China as my preferred points earning option. Quite surprised that a better promotion is not available to me. Beware before you apply/register. Best of luck.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by derby44
12 nights AND to have Air China as my preferred points earning option. Quite surprised that a better promotion is not available to me. Beware before you apply/register. Best of luck.
Well you always have the option to just put the points into Marriott, it just blocks you from dumping them into other carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.